Why is it no one is asking about Niger?

People are giving President Trump a hard time because of what he reportedly told the widow of a Green Beret who died in Niger. The bigger question is WTF are we doing in Niger! If you want to give President Trump a hard time, give him a hard time about having the US Military in Niger in the first place. Remember he campaigned on no more useless foreign interventions.

He's been asked. He refused to respond. Instead, he started talking about phone calls and letters.

He will be asked again. Will he answer?
Obama put them there, dipshit.

People are giving President Trump a hard time because of what he reportedly told the widow of a Green Beret who died in Niger. The bigger question is WTF are we doing in Niger! If you want to give President Trump a hard time, give him a hard time about having the US Military in Niger in the first place. Remember he campaigned on no more useless foreign interventions.
looks like trump didn't put them there.
He didn't but he can pull them out, but they are still there.

Seems a better idea would be to pull our troops and add Niger to the list of countries banned to enter the US

That list is bullshit. You won't even find a single terrorist who has been from that country.
asking - not questioning - but boko harem i would take it then isn't from niger? they just went there to kill?

again - wanting to understand and am googling now to understand the statement. i hope.

He probably is just leaving it up to the generals.

they are all around the world and pulling troops isn't as easy as making a phone call. if we have no idea why they are there isn't kinda stupid to sit there and say "just pull them!"

honestly officer, i had no idea that block was keeping the cars from rolling downhill, i just pulled them cause they seemed to not need to be there...

He's been asked. He refused to respond. Instead, he started talking about phone calls and letters.

Obama is not the president.

Well Trump probably didn't address the reason we are there because he wasn't up to date on the situation.

I don't think we should have ever been there in the first place. I'm not much for foreign intervention at all, but why not just arm the 'good guys' and let them fight their own battle?

While I can't provide any specifics about this mission obviously, I can suggest that we have a few allies, in particular the French who are fighting terror, anti-Western factions and warlords in Africa. Though I never heard specifically Niger, they are a former colony so it's not a surprise they were apparently there to try and pick up the men, though these details are sketchy. French or private contractor. Maybe noone was supposed to know about the French involvement and this information slipped...again, I can only speculate.

The reasons Western powers would be there would be of course to fight terror and state sponsored efforts against America, especially since China has a large influence there and an overt declaration of their efforts to have a major foothold there.

Standard global warfare direct and by proxy. If America isn't there, their enemies will be and it makes American security and prosperity that much more difficult.

RIP to these brave men.

The further away the money, the easier for members of Congress to pilfer it into foreign bank accounts.

Well Trump probably didn't address the reason we are there because he wasn't up to date on the situation.

He's had two weeks.

Because this was part of the illegals wars of Obama.

Reporting on this would have to force the far left to admit that Obama was a war monger.

After Years of Distrust, U.S. Military Reconciles With Nigeria to Fight Boko Haram

U.S. to Boost Military Aid to Nigeria for Boko Haram Fight

Obama pledges support for Nigeria

When did US forces arrive in Niger? In early 2013 to help the French military that had intervened in neighboring Mali the year before.

Why US troops are in Niger

All on the illegal wars from Obama!

Is there anything that the treasonous fat senile old orange clown is up on?

Is there anything that the treasonous fat senile old orange clown is up on?

Now that is no way to talk about your GOD Obama and his illegal wars!

You expect Trump to know that there is a country called Niger? Let alone we have troops there....i bet my house that they never told him there are troops out there, or told him it was Nigeria....and I'm also sure that MOST his followers dont know that there is a country called Niger.

You expect Trump to know that there is a country called Niger? Let alone we have troops there....i bet my house that they never told him there are troops out there, or told him it was Nigeria....and I'm also sure that MOST his followers dont know that there is a country called Niger.

Yes the far left will defend the illegal wars of Obama!

Forum List

Back