Why is it no one is asking about Niger?

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
People are giving President Trump a hard time because of what he reportedly told the widow of a Green Beret who died in Niger. The bigger question is WTF are we doing in Niger! If you want to give President Trump a hard time, give him a hard time about having the US Military in Niger in the first place. Remember he campaigned on no more useless foreign interventions.

I was wondering the same thing earlier. I was telling a friend about the story and he asked why we were in Niger. I said, "I honestly have no fucking idea."

Trump made a lot of pipe dream promises during his campaign, but one I was always willing to give him slack on was foreign policy. It would take a lot of administrations and many decades to undo what we have started. We have soldiers stationed in so many war zones people don't even know exist at this point.

If were not for these 4 deaths, America would not have known we have combat troops in Niger. Now the government has to justify or really just explain why we were there.

People are giving President Trump a hard time because of what he reportedly told the widow of a Green Beret who died in Niger. The bigger question is WTF are we doing in Niger! If you want to give President Trump a hard time, give him a hard time about having the US Military in Niger in the first place. Remember he campaigned on no more useless foreign interventions.
This is a bigger scandal than BENGHAZI!!!!, however, Democrats don't have the sense enough to call him on it.

"
American troops have been in Niger for years

The US has previously acknowledged it has troops there. But it's never gone into much detail.

In 2013, the White House announced that then-President Barack Obama had deployed 100 military personnel to Niger.

171016144943-trump-calling-families-of-niger-kia-troops-sot-00005808-super-169.jpg

"This deployment will provide support for intelligence collection and will also facilitate intelligence sharing with French forces conducting operations in Mali, and with other partners in the region," Obama said in a letter to the House speaker.

Since then, the number of US troops in the nation has risen to about 800.

Small groups of US special operations forces advise local troops as they battle Boko Haram and al Qaeda."

Likewise, when I heard of these deaths, I thought "what are they doing there". But, I wasn't surprised, as the US has troops in most of the countries of the world, black Africa being no exception.

Without reading the article (no time at the moment) I would assume ISIS. While they have been pretty much decimated in Iraq and Syria they do have many factions active in African and Asian nations.
ISIS and Boko Haram.

Boko Haram pledged allegiance to ISIS. Most of these groups aren't ISIS. They only support them in some way.

Seems a better idea would be to pull our troops and add Niger to the list of countries banned to enter the US

That list is bullshit. You won't even find a single terrorist who has been from that country.

Better than having our troops there

Without reading the article (no time at the moment) I would assume ISIS. While they have been pretty much decimated in Iraq and Syria they do have many factions active in African and Asian nations.
ISIS and Boko Haram.

Boko Haram pledged allegiance to ISIS. Most of these groups aren't ISIS. They only support them in some way.
You might be right, I don't know much about this other than what I read today.

He's been asked. He refused to respond. Instead, he started talking about phone calls and letters.

He will be asked again. Will he answer?

looks like trump didn't put them there.

Forum List

Back