CDZ Why is cable news dominated by all things Trump?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by MarathonMike, Aug 14, 2018.

1. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,732
    It's how he won the primaries hardly spending any money..........he picked them off one by one..........trolling them......

He's trolling the Media........and they are going batshit crazy every time......right on que in the subject Trump wants to push.........

No.......he's not stupid..........

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,649
    Don't disagree with you in general.
    But remember- cable news is still just TV looking for ratings. The public hasn't shown a great appetite for in depth discussions of topics- isn't Fox News the highest rated 'news' program now?
    You want in-depth discussions on serious topics? That is rarely covered by the news in any format- more likely to find that coverage either on various PBS programs or the New York Times.

3. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,054
    I wish he was more measured (less cringe worthy) at times and I agree...:wink_2:

4. MarathonMike

MarathonMike Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,394
    You are deliberately minimizing who Donald Trump is. He is a non Politician who is shaking the foundations of the political elite which is best thing that could have happened to this country. You are focusing on that silly Twitter thing that didn't even exist a few years ago. Now all of a sudden Media can't put together a show without analyzing a f*kn Tweet.

This works for me, give it a try. I never go on Twitter. I focus on actions, policies, and results. I'm happy. :113:

5. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,539
    Are you happy with breaking kids away from their parents? Are you happy that the president is a racist? Are you happy with a president who demeans law enforcement agents for political cause?

6. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,649
    Donald Trump is a very, very astute politician- he is not a particularly good President- but he is a masterful politician.

7. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,649
    Don the Con has chosen to communicate to his followers- and even announce his agenda on Twitter.
    That by itself is not a problem- but his tweets demonstrate what a fragile little bully he is- allowing his wounded ego to influence so many of his decisions.

This thread is not about that though- so this is my last post on Don the Con- rather than the topic- I welcome a discussion why there is not more in-depth coverage of issues.

8. BookShaka

BookShaka VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,250
    There’s a crisis happening in the country and the everyday person doesn’t have a clue it’s happening. Given some of the responses I’ve seen to this post, Trump haters don’t care about much of anything if it doesn’t involve hating Trump so I’m sure they’re loathe to know about the horrific reality of human trafficking and how this modern day slavery has supplied sick serial killers with an endless supply of victims.

It’s a huge problem. People, mostly women are disappearing and in many cases no one even knows they’ve vanished. Females are dropping off the face of the earth bc they either were victimized or felt they needed to sell their body. The ones who aren’t being killed are truly suffering in every way imaginable. The murder victims of this specific populace is estimated to be in the tens of thousands in a matter of years, but I guess Trump is WAY more important than spreading
    awareness about the mess of tragedies littering the nation. While woman are suffering atrocities whilst being hunted by psychopaths, so-called “feminists” are fighting against imaginary problems related to Trump. It’s enough to make one violently ill.

Serial killers find prostitutes easy prey: Column

75 women have been strangled or smothered in Chicago since 2001. Most of their killers got away.

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

https://www.lifedeathprizes.com/real-life-crime/killers-who-targeted-prostitutes-63688

Why So Many Sex Worker Murders Go Unsolved – Rolling Stone

https://tv.avclub.com/a-e-s-true-crime-series-the-killing-season-is-absorbing-1798189450