CDZ If the left coast has to be evacuated due to smoke , what then?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Air quality is toxic already and getting worse so it is life or death. The available water for 40 million evacuees is going to be hard to find and FEMA resources in the west are inadequate. so, what are the politically possible solutions?

Air quality is toxic already and getting worse so it is life or death. The available water for 40 million evacuees is going to be hard to find and FEMA resources in the west are inadequate. so, what are the politically possible solutions?
In this ridiculous hypothetical, which party controls the federal government?

I guess you were not around in the 50's when Los Angeles's air pollution was worse than the northern fires smoke is. Yes it was hard to breathe and we came up with a fix. Not that any other state liked what we did.
I doubt any evacuations will affect other states as we have lots of open space. Water is not a problem. Intelligence is.

Despite the wet dreams of the far right- no the West Coast is not going to be evacuated.

I guess you were not around in the 50's when Los Angeles's air pollution was worse than the northern fires smoke is. Yes it was hard to breathe and we came up with a fix. Not that any other state liked what we did.
I doubt any evacuations will affect other states as we have lots of open space. Water is not a problem. Intelligence is.
------------------------------------------------------------------ back in the 50s the people that really couldn't breath died . Nowadays even the sickly that can't breath well and whose breathing is made more difficult by forest fire smoke expect to be saved and to live a comfortable life TaxMan . --------- just a comment .

Well the Santa Ana winds are expected to kick in as early as the month that starts tomorrow and that is usually the season that sees the most and biggest fires. So, we may see a lot more fire damage before the year is out.

Forum List

Back