Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama.

The federal gubmint wasn't chartered to "solve problems"...Its role is supposed to be the protector of the rights of every individual, to provide a framework of justice when said rights are violated (rather than be the chief violator of them) and maintain the nation's borders.

Also, those who don't want a (reputedly) benevolent nanny state aren't exhibiting any "rigid anti-gubmint philosophy"...The merely want public servants to stay in their box, where they belong.

Strawman fail.

I’m leaving the Republican Party. No longer can I say with a clear conscience that the Republican Party is focused on solving problems that will benefit average Americans.

Solving problems is about pragmatically viewing data to decide upon the most effective public policy solutions. Many times, problem solving is the complete opposite of adhering to a rigid political ideology that dictates policy regardless of consequences. Our public servants need to be looking at what has worked, what has not worked, and using those judgments to form policy moving forward. The Republican Party refuses to look at what works and what doesn’t — they simply base policy on whether it fits into a rigid anti-government philosophy, whether it is good policy or not. Essentially, the effectiveness of policy is completely and totally irrelevant to Republicans. Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.

Additionally, I have specific grievances with the current “know-nothing” incarnation of the Republican Party:...

Well said! Only a fool would disagree that a government of the people and by the people is NOT for the people. And as expected, Odd-Dude and the echo chamber do.

If a government exists to protect its citizens, it protects them from all threats. Few American citizens die from foreign invasion or attack, millions have died from the insidious and scurrilous behavior of corporate America.

Breast cancer, health insurance and an apology to President Obama - Los Angeles Times

You're certainly not the only one who feels this way. I was always a registered Independent with very strong Libertarian opinions but, more and more, I've left the Party of Let them Eat Cake until I'm now a total progressive liberal. (I do wish there was a real Libertarian on the ballot or, for that matter, real Libertarians in congress.)

Looking at the problems our country faces and what the R's do every single day to make it worse, how could anyone be anything else?

Even those who want to vote Republican surely cannot because to do so, will only hurt heir own best interested. Surely, those who are following orders to vote for "ABO" will look at the harm they are doing to themselves and their families and vote against raising the debt in order to give more to the 1%.

For all the big talk, we all know that more than 93% of the debt was run up by BushBushReagan (ReaganBushDebt.org) and that the so-called "Ryan Plan" will run up the debt almost $10TRILLION DOLLARS more while doing nothing FOR the American People.

by: Jeff Wartman

Full article: Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

I’m leaving the Republican Party. No longer can I say with a clear conscience that the Republican Party is focused on solving problems that will benefit average Americans.

Solving problems is about pragmatically viewing data to decide upon the most effective public policy solutions. Many times, problem solving is the complete opposite of adhering to a rigid political ideology that dictates policy regardless of consequences. Our public servants need to be looking at what has worked, what has not worked, and using those judgments to form policy moving forward. The Republican Party refuses to look at what works and what doesn’t — they simply base policy on whether it fits into a rigid anti-government philosophy, whether it is good policy or not. Essentially, the effectiveness of policy is completely and totally irrelevant to Republicans. Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.

Additionally, I have specific grievances with the current “know-nothing” incarnation of the Republican Party:...

Read the entire article at JeffWartman.com Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

I see no real point in following your link, Jeff. The Republicans in Congress were elected by their constituents specifically to obstruct virtually anything obama proposes.
You want compromise? Conservatives see compromise with the President's proposals as obama wants to shoot us in the head and the left thinks the logical compromise would be a bullet in the heart.
Republicans HAVE offered solutions that sit gathering dust on Harry Reid's desk. Where is the compromise from the left? Why isn't the Democrat controlled Senate viewed as "obstructionist"?
Good on you. Leave the GOP. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Full article: Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

Read the entire article at JeffWartman.com Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

Nobody gives a shit. Just Go.

The writer is:

Pro ObamaCare
Pro Abortion
Pro Gay Marriage

Writer claims the biggest spending Presidents were Republicans when Obama has spent more than all other Presidents combined.

Writer is probably one of those Liberals who show up at rallies dressed in a 3 piece suit with a sign that says "I'm a Former Republican".

Me = Not fooled by fake, planted story.

Fake, planted story? :lol:

I'm still technically an elected party official, kid.
For the moment

The writer is:

Pro ObamaCare
Pro Abortion
Pro Gay Marriage

Writer claims the biggest spending Presidents were Republicans when Obama has spent more than all other Presidents combined.

Writer is probably one of those Liberals who show up at rallies dressed in a 3 piece suit with a sign that says "I'm a Former Republican".

Fake, planted story? :lol:

I'm still technically an elected party official, kid.

you're also just trying to up the hit count for your blog.

FAIL

You look like a fat pole-smoker.

Says the guy with two fat dudes riding on a scooter in his avatar. :eusa_eh:

You are commonly known as a RINO. No loss from the republicans, I'm sure. :eusa_whistle:

Yawn.......

Sadly Zander I must compare your post to the one posted by Willow Tree. That you have devolved so is truly sad. Maybe, hopefully, the yawn was little more than your brain awakening, something impossible in a Willow Tree. And maybe you can offer a substantive argument when fully awake for why any thinking person would vote for anyone with an R after their name.

You are commonly known as a RINO. No loss from the republicans, I'm sure. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously.

Real Americans™ vote Republican and never waver from it.

A Real American™ wouldn't endorse Obama.

Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.
Who is obstructing?!?!?!??....How many bills has the GOP caucus in the HoR passed that are languishing in the Senate, not even put on the calendar for consideration?

You, sir, are as big a liar as Fake Malarkey...And that's saying something.

How many clean bills without a Rider is the proper question? Of course Odd-Dude calls out others as liars as he lies by omission.

You look like a fat pole-smoker.

Thanks for confirming Wartman's polemic. Your retort is an accurate reflection of the best your kind can do when confronted. Just toss out an ad hominem or any of a number of logical fallacies that seem to be the only arguments left in the GOP arsenal.

Thank God William F. Buckley is not alive to see this.

I have no idea who Jeff Wartman is, but I have felt much the same as Wartman for several years now. However, I do not think rejecting the "current 'know-nothing' incarnation of the Republican Party" automatically infers joining a suicide cult like the Democratic Party. That is also a seriously illogical conclusion.

He does nail it with the "know-nothing" bit, though. That perfectly describes the state of the GOP at this time. A bunch of empty-headed parrots.

I notice he also declares himself to be pro-choice. Perhaps this is why joining the Democratic Party feels like a natural fit for him and not for me. I am pro-life.

But he is right on when he says:
Essentially, the effectiveness of policy is completely and totally irrelevant to Republicans. Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.

There are policies Obama is trying to enact that I have no doubt a Republican President would also want to enact. But because the Obama name is attached, the empty-headed ideologues immediately oppose it. Since such plans are actually sensible, they have to adopt extremely eerie Orwellian doublethink to justify their opposition.

So I make it a kind of hobby to shoot such people who are too far gone like rabid dogs in the street, for the good of my Party.

Too bad. I'd much rather spend my time criticizing Obama for legitimate reasons. But I can't do so when being undermined by fools who have a lot of growing up to do.

Last edited:

You are voting for President Obama because you are not now and never could have been a Republican.

The OP fantasy (and lies) of yours are comical and unpersuasive.

I find his website very funny. :lol: He left the Republican Party because it became too far right. :lol: Apparently, Mitten's is too far right for him. Go figure.

Dude's an idiot.

Seriously.

A Real American™ wouldn't endorse Obama.

Are you moribund? He didn't say anything remotely like that. :cuckoo:

The writer is:

Pro ObamaCare
Pro Abortion
Pro Gay Marriage

You...an ignoramus who lacks the basic command of the facts at issue.

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

Perhaps when CONZ issue an apology for the deregulation which caused our financial meltdown, CONZ might regain some trust.

But when you deregulate the banks and they crash not seen in a manner since the Great Depression, it's pretty hard to pin that on Obama.

When conservatives show that they UNDERSTAND their dereguluatory agenda caused our current financial mess, then they are working their way back to sanity. If they simply suggest MORE of the same policies for the last 30 years that stagnated wages while health insurance and retirement take ever bigger bites out of the family budget, completely obvious to the hardships by the middle class, they will CONTINUE to lose relevancy with more and more of the people.

It does not get more empty-headed than that.

A real American uses critical thinking to determine the underlying problems facing our country and does not robotically accept the premises held out to him by one party or another. A real American questions the "facts" presented by biased partisans.

A real American then decides for him or herself what the best possible solution to the real problem is.

Then the real American throws their support to the person who best represents that solution.

I remember Jeff from back in the day here, he used to be one of the libertarians I respected.

This is a strange thread.

From what little bit I did of poking around in his site, I came away thinking, he sounds libertarian. But to then endorse Dear Leader undermines anything else he says. :cuckoo:

Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.
Who is obstructing?!?!?!??....How many bills has the GOP caucus in the HoR passed that are languishing in the Senate, not even put on the calendar for consideration?

You, sir, are as big a liar as Fake Malarkey...And that's saying something.

How many clean bills without a Rider is the proper question? Of course Odd-Dude calls out others as liars as he lies by omission.
Irrelevant....The "clean bill" is a unicorn.

The OP is a flat-out liar.

Forum List

Back