Why I don't go into politics.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
At nearly 71 I'm no spring chicken but that's not what stops me from entering the political arena. People do not view politics today the way they used to. Due to advancing information technology today's voting citizen sees the world very differently compared to those born earlier. Politics has gone from a serious endeavor to a Dancing-with-the-stars mindset that reflects a drop in intelligence not only on the part of voters but candidates as well. This is where this "me too" hogwash comes from.

Fifty plus years ago when I and some of my friends were cute with long hair we had a popular rock 'n' roll band for about a decade before we all got haircuts and real jobs. One could say that we were not perfect gentlemen. In fact I can predict that if I were to fling my hat in the ring it wouldn't take long for some vixens who are still upright to power their electric wheelchairs to the local newspaper telling all kinds of tales.

Since I don't want my grandchildren to remember grandpa as an antique rapist and a perverted molester of innocent young women I will not be running for office.

At nearly 71 I'm no spring chicken but that's not what stops me from entering the political arena. People do not view politics today the way they used to. Due to advancing information technology today's voting citizen sees the world very differently compared to those born earlier. Politics has gone from a serious endeavor to a Dancing-with-the-stars mindset that reflects a drop in intelligence not only on the part of voters but candidates as well. This is where this "me too" hogwash comes from.

Fifty plus years ago when I and some of my friends were cute with long hair we had a popular rock 'n' roll band for about a decade before we all got haircuts and real jobs. One could say that we were not perfect gentlemen. In fact I can predict that if I were to fling my hat in the ring it wouldn't take long for some vixens who are still upright to power their electric wheelchairs to the local newspaper telling all kinds of tales.

Since I don't want my grandchildren to remember grandpa as an antique rapist and a perverted molester of innocent young women I will not be running for office.
I can dig what your saying!
Peace, love and stop the war!

The best of people are not willing to have their reputations ruined by entering politics. Even small infractions during one's youth can be greatly exaggerated over time. Not to say that some really bad creepy stuff hasn't happened.

Forum List

Back