Why Has No One Invented This Yet?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Club cards are a huge pain in the ass. Literally. If I kept every library card, grocery store rewards card, department store rewards card, credit card, big box electronic store rewards card, toy store rewards card, Sams Club/Costco membership card, medical card, dental card, pharmacy card, and museum membership card I possess in my wallet, I would lean heavily to the right when sitting.

I just stacked all of mine together, and they make a 3/4 inch stack!

So why hasn't someone invented a card which will hold all your information? A single card for all your memberships/rewards?

I can use my debit card in any bank ATM, no matter what brand of bank it is. So why not do the same thing with all these bullshit membership/rewards cards?

What the hell are they waiting for?

Club cards are a huge pain in the ass. Literally. If I kept every library card, grocery store rewards card, department store rewards card, credit card, big box electronic store rewards card, toy store rewards card, Sams Club/Costco membership card, medical card, dental card, pharmacy card, and museum membership card I possess in my wallet, I would lean heavily to the right when sitting.

So why hasn't someone invented a card which will hold all your information? A single card for all your memberships/rewards?

I can use my debit card in any bank ATM, no matter what brand of bank it is. So why not do the same thing with all these bullshit membership/rewards cards?

They would have to standardize the scanning technology first.

Do you want everyone to know everything about you & no longer want to be anonymous, mysterious or have any secrets like pin numbers, bank accounts, etc?

It's not a good idea to put all of your eggs in one basket.

I'm not talking about credit cards. I am talking about putting all your stores' rewards/memberships on one card.

Going to Sam's Club? One card.

Going to your local grocery store? Exact same card.

Going to your favorite big box electronics store? Exact same card.

There's no deep financial information on those. No one can ruin your life by "hacking" one. Those are for tracking your purchases so they know what shit to jack the price up on, and what coupons to dangle in front of you.

Look at your keychain. How many pieces of plastic you have dangling from it? How many pieces of plastic are in your purse or wallet?

Just so the lady will buzz you into Bi-Mart or let you into your health club?

This has gotten beyond stupid.

Last edited:
Don't most of these cards also register by telephone number? I also have the ones I use often scanned, turned into jpg format and carry them on my smart phone. Never had one rejected yet. Would never do that to a debit or credit card, just the reward types.

Typical nanny stater.

Forum List

Back