Why Don't the Democrats Discuss Obama's Policies?

Yet somehow we went from losing 800,00 jobs per month when he took office to creating jobs 6 months later.

We went from losing 9% annualized of our income to gaining in six months.

Just saying...

Just what did Obama do that accomplished that, what policies did he set in place to accomplish that? Or was it the normal recovery cycle after having come out of a recession?
First you say recoveries are just normal cycle, to be expected.

Then you complain the President did nothing about the economy and therefore failed us.

Which is it?

Lagarde: U.S. Recovery Is Slower Than We Like - Businessweek

Yet somehow we went from losing 800,00 jobs per month when he took office to creating jobs 6 months later.

We went from losing 9% annualized of our income to gaining in six months.

Just saying...

Just what did Obama do that accomplished that, what policies did he set in place to accomplish that? Or was it the normal recovery cycle after having come out of a recession?
First you say recoveries are just normal cycle, to be expected.

Then you complain the President did nothing about the economy and therefore failed us.

Which is it?
What I have stated is the his policies have slowed the recovery. Business aren't acting because of the unknown of Obama's anti business policies. This recovery is the most anemic in over 70 years.

It's an election year and it seems all the democrats want to discuss is contrived "Dog and Pony Shows". This is a serious election, and Obama's policies are off the table.
I would like to see the left defend what Obama's accomplishments have been, both the good and the bad.

He doesn't offend us. There are things I might not agree with, but most of them consist of standing up to the bullies on the right and not trying to compromise for the first two years of his term.

Nothing he could do or has done is worse than what the right has done and will do again.

And the din on the right has been so loud since inauguration day that it's almost impossible to have a discussion on the merits.

Yea, but, in fairness, you're a left wing extremist.

And this guy is a supposed doctor :badgrin:

Dr. Norm Becker

The GOP is comparing our slow recovery to the more rapid recovery from the 1981 recession. They argue that Reagan's policies worked, and that Obama's policies have not worked. What they don't say is that the Reagan recovery was fueled by a rapid increase in federal spending and tax cuts. This is a classic Keynesian response to recession. This article points to another important difference in the recoveries. State and local tax revenues increase during the Reagan recovery. They have decreased dramatically during our current recovery. If they had expanded on trend, this recovery would have been faster than the the Reagan recovery.

Ab-Norm-al Econ: Why Is This US Recovery Slower Than Past Recoveries?

One very big difference is that Lost revenue means less tax payers Mr. Doctor. People were able to go back too work because of Reaganomics, not so much with obamanomics.

The economy was shedding 800,00 jobs per month when he took office. It has created 4.5M private sector jobs in the past 3 years.

The economy was an annualized 9% of its income when Obama took office. It has since been growing for 12 straight quarters.

The President stuck to his promise and timeline in Iraq and to his promise (with a delay due to the situation on the ground) in Afghanistan.

The President ordered the death of OBL. On the other hand, GITMO is still open.

The President rescinded DADT.

The President quit defending DOMA and took steps towards recognizing all marriages.

The President passed the most significant health care reform package since LBJ and significant, if watered-down, financial reform.

Oooooohh... WHOOPSIE... what's this now... oh noooo, this just blows your line of bull shit clear out of the water... real sorry about that leftist, but hey, nobody really likes you guys lying all the time... know what I mean... ?

ANOTHER TRILLION-DOLLAR DEFICIT

CBO: Feds flirting with double-dip recession - Washington Times

The little kenyan boy with the muslim name is nothing more than a shitty little radical raised by commies that hates America. He should be thrown out with the trash from the White House, and that will happen in November.

So has the economy been growing for 12 straight quarters or not?

It's an election year and it seems all the democrats want to discuss is contrived "Dog and Pony Shows". This is a serious election, and Obama's policies are off the table.
I would like to see the left defend what Obama's accomplishments have been, both the good and the bad.

Passed ACA extending insurable age until 26 y/o. Made it illegal for insurance companies to reject you on PECs. Closing the Medicare Loophole. Saved GM. Killed OBL. Got us out of Iraq. Getting us out of Afghanistan although not quickly enough. Appled American muscle where it was needed; hesitated where it was not. Appointed two level-headed justices to the high court. Will appoint more.

All good reasons to re-elect him.

Bad reasons?

Too big to fail institutions are still too big to fail. Wall Street reform was laughed at by Wall Street and is a muddled mess. Never came up with a 10 word answer about the ACA. The new normal unemployment rate happened on his watch; hesitated to use it.

He has a naievity that is almost the stuff of mal-practice at times...he actually thought he could work with the GOP. Sucker.

These are reasons not to re-elect him but the good drastically outweighs the bad.

Whoa! GM would have survived through bankruptcy protection, and would have come out of it leaner and meaner than before.
In related news, the moon is made of green cheese!

Where do you come up with this shit? Who was going to step in and finance GM through Bankruptcy? The confidence fairy?

What I have stated is the his policies have slowed the recovery.

Well you can "State" whatever you'd like. Some facts to support what you state would be helpful to your cause.

Business aren't acting because of the unknown of Obama's anti business policies. This recovery is the most anemic in over 70 years.

More private sector jobs have been created in the past 3.5 years than during the entire 8 yrs of President Bush's terms.

The economy was shedding 800,00 jobs per month when he took office. It has created 4.5M private sector jobs in the past 3 years.

The economy was an annualized 9% of its income when Obama took office. It has since been growing for 12 straight quarters.

The President stuck to his promise and timeline in Iraq and to his promise (with a delay due to the situation on the ground) in Afghanistan.

The President quit defending DOMA and took steps towards recognizing all marriages.

The President passed the most significant health care reform package since LBJ and significant, if watered-down, financial reform.

Oooooohh... WHOOPSIE... what's this now... oh noooo, this just blows your line of bull shit clear out of the water... real sorry about that leftist, but hey, nobody really likes you guys lying all the time... know what I mean... ?

The little kenyan boy with the muslim name is nothing more than a shitty little radical raised by commies that hates America. He should be thrown out with the trash from the White House, and that will happen in November.

If that's what you want to brag about.

Earlier this year, the Obama White House predicted the economy would grow 3% in 2012. Today’s GDP report shows that ain’t going to happen. The Commerce Department said the economy grew at an anemic 1.5% annual rate from April through June, after a revised 2.0% in the first quarter. It now seems likely the economy will be lucky to grow at 2% for the entire year. And that’s after growing just 1.8% last year.
he new data also show just how weak the Obama recovery has been, expanding at an annual average pace of just 2.2% vs. 5.7% for the Reagan recovery.

In addition, the GDP report shows the Obama administration has continually and wildly overestimated the positive impact of its economic policies, including the $800 billion stimulus plan:

– In August of 2009, the White House—after having a half year to view the economy and its $800 billion stimulus response—predicted that GDP would rise 4.3% in 2011, followed by 4.3% growth in 2012 and 2013, too. And 2014? Another year of 4.0% growth.

– In its 2010 forecast, the White House said it was looking for 3.5% GDP growth in 2012, followed by 4.4% in 2013, 4.3% in 2014.

– In its 2011 forecast, the White House predicted 3.1% growth in 2011, 4.0% in 2012 and 4.5% in 2013, 4.2% in 2014.
A 'Pathetic' Second-Quarter GDP Report - Ricochet.com

42 straight month of 8% or higher unemployment

Only if you add the additional government spending.

In other words artificially....Yes......

Well you can "State" whatever you'd like. Some facts to support what you state would be helpful to your cause.

Business aren't acting because of the unknown of Obama's anti business policies. This recovery is the most anemic in over 70 years.

More private sector jobs have been created in the past 3.5 years than during the entire 8 yrs of President Bush's terms.

I have backed up what I stated earlier in this thread, but by all means read my prior post about this wonderful recovery you're boasting about.

I have backed up what I stated earlier in this thread, but by all means read my prior post about this wonderful recovery you're boasting about.

So you have no evidence that his policies have slowed the recovery - you just know that more private sector jobs have been created in the past 3.5 years than in 8 years under Bush and you take that as evidence that.....

Obama's policies have slowed the recovery.

OK then. Talk amongst yourselves.

So you have no evidence that his policies have slowed the recovery - you just know that more private sector jobs have been created in the past 3.5 years than in 8 years under Bush and you take that as evidence that.....

WTF? The slowest recovery in over 70 years, a president has proved himself to be anti corporation and no concept of capitalism, along with wealth redistribution and you can't connect those dots? Maybe you should talk about that with some one. Oh, and please show authentic evidence of the contrast in jobs created.

Obama hasn't been able to pass anything since 2/2010. This is the Pub mindless obstruction and fear mongering economy. Thank God the stimulus was passed.

Thanks for the SECOND Pub Great World Depression, moron dupes.

WTF? The slowest recovery in over 70 years, a president has proved himself to be anti corporation and no concept of capitalism, along with wealth redistribution and you can't connect those dots?

See, you're tossing out a bunch of opinions and talking points. I'm offering facts:

1)from shedding 800,000 jobs per month to adding 4.5M private sector jobs, more than created during the entire expansionary period of the Bush presidency.

2) from losing 9% of annualized income in a quarter to having 12 straight quarters of income growth.

3) from Dow 7,000 to Dow 13,000

4) from corporations bleeding money to the most profitable corporate earnings in history.

Oh, and please show authentic evidence of the contrast in jobs created.

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

WTF? The slowest recovery in over 70 years, a president has proved himself to be anti corporation and no concept of capitalism, along with wealth redistribution and you can't connect those dots?

See, you're tossing out a bunch of opinions and talking points. I'm offering facts:

1)from shedding 800,000 jobs per month to adding 4.5M private sector jobs, more than created during the entire expansionary period of the Bush presidency.

2) from losing 9% of annualized income in a quarter to having 12 straight quarters of income growth.

4) from corporations bleeding money to the most profitable corporate earnings in history.

Dude, the numbers you're using are from the start of the recession, not from the start of Bush's tenure. That doesn't really count.

By the way....we're at 8.3% unemployment.

I guess you need to see this again.

Three years after the end of a recession:
GDP Growth...................Unemployment rate..............Consumer spending
1948-1949 25.4%.......... 2.8%...................................13.5%
1953-1954 12.4%...........4.3%.............................. ....13.9%
1960-1961 18.4%...........5.4%.............................. ....15.3%
1969-1970 16.4%...........4.9%.............................. ....15.2%
1973-1975 14.1%...........6.1%.............................. ....15.1%
1981-1982 18.5%...........7.0%.............................. ....16.5%
1990-1991 9.8%.............6.4%............................. .....10.7%
2000..........9.0%............5.4%................ ...................8.9%
2007-2009..6.4%............8.3%........................ ...........6.5%

Also, go back and read that other post about this recovery Obama's got going for himself.

Dude, the numbers you're using are from the start of the recession, not from the start of Bush's tenure. That doesn't really count.

No, they're not. The recession started in December of 2007. Obama took office in Jan 2009.

Also, go back and read that other post about this recovery Obama's got going for himself.

Again, your position on the hill is determined by the depth of the hole when you started your climb.

Last edited:

No, they're not. The recession started in December of 2007. Obama took office in Jan 2009.

Again, your position on the hill is determined by the depth of the hole when you started your climb.

:rolleyes: Whatever allows you to sleep nights.

Forum List

Back