Why don't Americans have pride in building things anymore?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I remember back in the early 2010s before SpaceX became big there were some people who said that America should give up on building rockets and let the Chinese and Russians build them instead.

Why during the early 2010s did Americans lose confidence in developing new technology?

Why didn't Americans have pride in building stuff?

Is it because we have promoted a culture of looking down on blue collar work in the 90s and 2000s?

I remember back in the early 2010s before SpaceX became big there were some people who said that America should give up on building rockets and let the Chinese and Russians build them instead.

Why during the early 2010s did Americans lose confidence in developing new technology?

Is it because we have promoted a culture of looking down on blue collar work in the 90s and 2000s?
Tesla, and Apple would disagree. So, would all the AI products that were designed and built in the US.

Haven't you heard?

Apparently, we didn't build anything.

It was all government.

some people who said that America should give up on building rockets and let the Chinese and Russians build them instead.

Not a recent sentiment at all. President Kennedy's science advisor, Jerome Weisner, was a strong opponent of the manned space program and publicly criticized Kennedy for his manned space cheerleading.

Weisner believed that because The Soviets had such a tremendous lead in manned space, it would be pointless to attempt to catch up with them.

Because the "stuff" you speak of are very expensive very dangerous space shuttles and such. We are tired of throwing our hard earned tax dollars to shoot rockets into space to see if astronauts on the ISS fuck, if she can get pregnant.

It's ridiculous. Space flight should be done by a private company, such as Space X. We already went to the moon. That's good enough. Our planet is fucked up full of liberals right now. We need to deal with these vermin first.

Other than maintaining the GPS sat system and the space war program, we don't need to shoot civilians into space over and over. Especially when each press of the launch button increases our national debt by a few BILLION dollars. And that's IF the damn thing returns to earth safely.

STEM Stymied

Replace the indentured-servitude college "education" with highly paid professional training. The present system is an insult to intelligence; that's why all it produces is Diploma Dumbos, few of whom would qualify in a system based on talent rather than human sacrifice. A seed doesn't grow in a sandbox.

$$$$$

Sage,
For the price of one made in America Channellock 10" gooseneck plier you can by a set of seven imported pliers, including a 10" gooseneck.

That said my favorite needle-nose plier is a Channellock.

Last edited:
I've been a tradesman since you've been in short pants dear lad , and know many

My ilk not only takes pride in what we do , we take pride in that we are American tradesman

This not only exists , it exists throughout the blue collar contingent who BUILT this country's homes, roads, factories, skyscrapers, bridges , schools , military , hospitals , as well as the seat your sitting on and computer you'll respond on to this....

We be the b*tches under yer wings!
1699914023770.png

~S~

We like to do things on the cheap apparently. We need billions in oversight to spend millions on R&D or something like that just to make sure we get the lowest possible prices.

I've been a tradesman since you've been in short pants dear lad , and know many

My ilk not only takes pride in what we do , we take pride in that we are American tradesman

This not only exists , it exists throughout the blue collar contingent who BUILT this country's homes, roads, factories, skyscrapers, bridges , schools , military , hospitals , as well as the seat your sitting on and computer you'll respond on to this....

We be the b*tches under yer wings!
View attachment 858142
~S~
I'm blue collar, and it's got the sweat ring to prove it. :biggrin:

We like to do things on the cheap apparently. We need billions in oversight to spend millions on R&D or something like that just to make sure we get the lowest possible prices.

Sure, and they'll be plenty of help out in front of yer local HD for that Dek....~S~

Sure, and they'll be plenty of help out in front of yer local HD for that Dek....~S~

Maybe they can pick up the pentagon some of those $300 trash cans the gubbermint paid $51K for. BTW, day workers don't congregate in my city like that. They don't really exist any more here. I have had several different people in construction/building tell me the Mexicans are the only people they can find who want actual regular jobs any more.

Maybe they can pick up the pentagon some of those $300 trash cans the gubbermint paid $51K for. BTW, day workers don't congregate in my city like that. They don't really exist any more here. I have had several different people in construction/building tell me the Mexicans are the only people they can find who want actual regular jobs any more.
My Mexican tenants would help shovel snow. Trouble was they broke every shovel they used; they were good shovels too.

Forum List

Back