Why Does This Movie Get Such Bad Reviews?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Okay, I'll be the first to admit that The Lion King II Simba's Pride is nowhere near as good as the first one, but it was a LOT better than a lot of people are saying in my opinion and here are my few reasons why.

1. Making one of the main antagonists (Kovu) not really be an antagonist, just somebody who is really misunderstood isn't done a lot to my knowledge anyways... or at least in Disney films. With the exception of Lilo and Stitch, mostly there are protagonists and antagonists. Kovu only starts off as a villain because that's how he was raised.

2. The music is absolutely amazing!! :D Again, not as good as the music in the first film, but still good. :)

3. Kovu and Kiara's chemistry is actually a lot stronger than Simba's and Nala's in my opinion and that's probably because they have a forbidden love affair and it's a lot like Romeo and Juliet.

4. Finally, the message of it. I have done an absolute one hundred percent Kiara when it comes to the fact that I didn't understand what "we are one" meant when I was a kid, but now I do. The fact that these lions come from different lands in the end pretty much doesn't mean anything (except for Zira) because in the end they're all lions, they're all a part of each other, and they all make up one big family and now I find myself crying happy tears at the end once that message is conveyed. :)

The only thing that I didn't like about it is I don't understand why Kovu couldn't have just been Scar's son. He looks WAY too much like him. Sure, then he and Kiara would have been cousins, but lions don't really care who they mate with. Then again, of course with a Disney film there can't be any incest even if it's just animals... fictional ones at that. Anyways, here's my favorite song from the film. :D

Forum List

Back