Why does the left want to get rid of "Gone with the Wind," and other historical records?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The leadership of the left sucked up the practices of the worst communist dictatorships from around the world....learned the lessons of subjugating innocent people and now they are implementing those practices here.

So...why do they go after Statues and movies and old t.v. shows....?

If they can hide the past, today looks worse than it really is.

And that is essentially it. If you compare the actual past to today...you can't hide the fact, the truth and the reality, that America is not a racist country....that racism no longer exists in meaning ful ways.......that we are a better country than we were even a mere 80 years ago.

It also hides the racist history of the democrat party.

I was listening to Andrew Klavan over at dailywire and his podcast episode from today....he pointed out that the Black woman who won the first Oscar won by a Black woman in 1940 for "Gone with the Wind," wasn't originally allowed to go to the hotel where the awards were being held. The studio head had to make some sort of deal with the hotel to allow her in...since it was the days of jim crow and segregation....

Hiding that fact is important.......because looking at America today, vs the America, and the democrat party of 1940 you can't hide the fact that we are not that racist country anymore....

So destroying those historical records is vital to the democrat party...the party of actual racism, a party that uses false accusations of racism as it's sword and shield.......

They'll get my DVD of "Gone With The Wind" when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

scarlett_bed_blog.jpg

Please define "left"
Truly I have no clue.
This is not a trick question
I really want to know
:)-

In the United States, the left wing of our political system believes in Government control over every aspect of life........ from how much we earn at our jobs, what kind of healthcare we can have, what kind of toilets we can own.

The left wing believes in putting people into groups, for better control.

There is no problem for the left wing that the solution isn't more Government.

The Right Wing of the U.S. political system believes in the individual and as little government as possible......that does not mean no government, it means small government, broken down so that the smallest amount of government is at the top, while at the local level, most of our needs are taken care of where we can watch and control the government.

In the United States, the left wing of our political system believes in Government control over every aspect of life........ from how much we earn at our jobs, what kind of healthcare we can have, what kind of toilets we can own.

Believing in and knowing are two distinctly unrelated, different entities.
in my view; clearly I am not left

I guess that makes me a righties' for the second time.

What the enemy democrats should do is show Gone with the Wind. Afterwards show Hattie McDaniels giving her Academy Award acceptance speech. It is very moving and puts the entire movie in perspective.

Why does the left want to get rid of "Gone with the Wind," and other historical records?

Today I'm 70+.,.I watched the original film when it was in theater; a "movie"
Brings back memories full of warm thoughts

I haven't watched it since.
wish the best to all here and beyond.,.,..,..,..,.,,,,.,...,., into tomorrow

Nobody watches these movies anyways. Only older generations and movie buffs whenever it is shown on TCM. All of this is just a method to virtue signal and scream to the older generation, "we own you and your history". Weak and cowardly.

History is what it is, good and bad. Art is supposed to be art, or I can think of 1000 movies made from 1980 on that would be eliminated. Most of them awful. It's a movie, none of the actors or writers were doing anything than playing make believe.

If I spoke to someone about Robert Johnson and the song "Hellbound on My Trail", they'd know just about as much about this song as this movie. It's why I don't talk to guys at the poker table about such music, they wouldn't know what the hell I am talking, and nor should they, it's way before my time too.

Forum List

Back