Why does the left demonize affordable energy?

The price on the price tag doesn't tell the whole story. The rising sea levels, the extreme storms and the destruction that global warming needs to be factored into why we should spend a little more now.

Or, in the case of Germany, 3-4 times as much.

Ivanpah Solar Power Facility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ivanpah is a failure. If you don't think so then please realize that this is one of the sunniest places in the United States and it can't meet its contractual obligations.

The answer is not these big public money funded projects but smaller solar and wind for residential service.

The footprint of individual solar is already occupied by the existing rooftops of the homes that will benefit for the additional electric generation. Small commercial wind can generate energy day and night in areas that are already developed for commercial or industrial use with requiring land grants of land or destroying the view from our coastlines.

Our politicians are pushing these large project because there is a lot of money being passed around to secure future energy monopolies.

If you belief that solar that doesn't work at night or in bad weather will ever replace oil, coal, natural gas then you don't understand the inherent limitations of the technology. If you believe that setting up multi-billion dollar facilities that require more public money and land while needing further subsidies in the form of higher energy costs for users is the best solution then you are wrong again.

Give people a tax credit and change the rules to make the current energy provider work with these systems. Let the user mount a system on their home or business. Then they can make the investment calculation that is right for them. The technology will come down in cost and become more viable over time.

Then you have the best of all worlds. Free market solutions really make the most sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of our customers was a big lib. He had a big windmill running his operations. I always found windmills decorative in a way. Talking with one of the workers one day, he told me that the owner finally broke even on his windmill investment after seven years, and the rest is free energy.

About two months went by and I went to the stop again, I was surprised that the top half of the windmill was gone. The owner was in back of the shop and I asked him about the windmill. He just pushed his two hands in the air as if he were pushing away something and said Aaaaaa.

Nobody is against better ways to create energy, but it has to be cost effective at the same time. I live in one of the windiest places in the country, so the city was considering putting up a giant windmill on Lake Erie. After doing the calculations, it would end up costing more to maintain and repair such a windmill than it would to just produce energy the way we are now.

Average life on a windmill is about 22 years. Many manufacturers base their calculations on 40 years but this is not reality based. 8 years is not the norm on a small commercial system. That is what one would expect out of something you buy off eBay.

I don't know where you are getting your figures from or how accurate they are. But windmills do break down before they are absolutely unrepairable. And from what I understand, the costs of repair and maintenance outweigh the savings.
Oh my, 'many people say' meme again. So provide some figures from a credible source. Or shut up.

Solar-powered plane takes off on third leg of U.S. journey

Why are so many RWs stuck in the 19th century (even then most cars were electric)?

:dunno:

You seem clueless to the amount of really toxic waste generated by manufacturing batteries for your 'green' car.
Care to link to sources that give us information on how much toxic waste i generated by manufacturing batteries that power EV's?

Good grief, I read the news don't you? Here's a link www.poorlyinformedlibdrones.com

I have a bicycle set up to run emergence power for times when the juice is out...I just hope I don't get a flat..

im a moron but i belive strongly so whatever i say is truth, never google don t ever use science on me, science is evil it proves things i don t need prove i BELIVE things so im right and science is wrong because i belive im right and science is wrong and true belive is truth, did i mention im a moron ?

Ivanpah Solar Power Facility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ivanpah is a failure. If you don't think so then please realize that this is one of the sunniest places in the United States and it can't meet its contractual obligations.

The answer is not these big public money funded projects but smaller solar and wind for residential service.

The footprint of individual solar is already occupied by the existing rooftops of the homes that will benefit for the additional electric generation. Small commercial wind can generate energy day and night in areas that are already developed for commercial or industrial use with requiring land grants of land or destroying the view from our coastlines.

Our politicians are pushing these large project because there is a lot of money being passed around to secure future energy monopolies.

If you belief that solar that doesn't work at night or in bad weather will ever replace oil, coal, natural gas then you don't understand the inherent limitations of the technology. If you believe that setting up multi-billion dollar facilities that require more public money and land while needing further subsidies in the form of higher energy costs for users is the best solution then you are wrong again.

Give people a tax credit and change the rules to make the current energy provider work with these systems. Let the user mount a system on their home or business. Then they can make the investment calculation that is right for them. The technology will come down in cost and become more viable over time.

Then you have the best of all worlds. Free market solutions really make the most sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of our customers was a big lib. He had a big windmill running his operations. I always found windmills decorative in a way. Talking with one of the workers one day, he told me that the owner finally broke even on his windmill investment after seven years, and the rest is free energy.

About two months went by and I went to the stop again, I was surprised that the top half of the windmill was gone. The owner was in back of the shop and I asked him about the windmill. He just pushed his two hands in the air as if he were pushing away something and said Aaaaaa.

Nobody is against better ways to create energy, but it has to be cost effective at the same time. I live in one of the windiest places in the country, so the city was considering putting up a giant windmill on Lake Erie. After doing the calculations, it would end up costing more to maintain and repair such a windmill than it would to just produce energy the way we are now.

Average life on a windmill is about 22 years. Many manufacturers base their calculations on 40 years but this is not reality based. 8 years is not the norm on a small commercial system. That is what one would expect out of something you buy off eBay.

I don't know where you are getting your figures from or how accurate they are. But windmills do break down before they are absolutely unrepairable. And from what I understand, the costs of repair and maintenance outweigh the savings.
Oh my, 'many people say' meme again. So provide some figures from a credible source. Or shut up.

The average lifespan of a wind mill is not 22 years. That's what governments and manufacturers make up, to justify the cost.

Wind farm turbines wear sooner than expected, says study

The analysis of almost 3,000 onshore wind turbines — the biggest study of its kind —warns that they will continue to generate electricity effectively for just 12 to 15 years.

The wind energy industry and the Government base all their calculations on turbines enjoying a lifespan of 20 to 25 years.

The study estimates that routine wear and tear will more than double the cost of electricity being produced by wind farms in the next decade.
Any questions?

question: is it cost efficent if an energy scource produces more energy then its production costs ?

what if the energy cost is only produced after the energy scource is gone ? how do you calculate the cost ?

im thinking of nuclear energy for example or fossile fuel.

how much does it cost to keep the radioactive garbage safe for 1 million years ? how much will the climate change because of the co2 cost ?

im a moron but i belive strongly so whatever i say is truth, never google don t ever use science on me, science is evil it proves things i don t need prove i BELIVE things so im right and science is wrong because i belive im right and science is wrong and true belive is truth, did i mention im a moron ?

im a moron but i belive strongly so whatever i say is truth,

Glad you finally admitted the truth.

your affordability is about your next paycheck, the left worrys about the time your new born child gets to vote, and his child gets to vote,

its very simple right wing people worry about today
left wing people worry about tommorow, next year next century and about if the human race will exist in 10 000 years.

right wing, just today, whats the price of a hamburger today

toddsterpatriot you look like a clown but you don t get a joke

you look like a clown from stephen kings IT

i have an idea if you think burning oil or coal is affordable, i sugest that you breath the result of the burning of oil and coal, get your head into the chimney, if you can afford to breath the chimmney gasses for just 1 hour... lets talk after you did that.

or maybe you just start up your car in your closed garage, if you survive for 1 hour we talk more, or maybe you define affordable in a perspective of survivale not money

Again you lying krout show me a mercury thermometer accurate to a less of a degree? Put up or shut up.
i don t know about USA mercury thermometers.
when i was in highschool in germany,
in chemistry and physics we had German made thermometers which were capable of showing 1/100 degrees celsius.

maybe american instrument makers are just idiots ?

or your an idiot and have no clue ?

did you major in football at your colledge or physics ?[/QUOTE]

Still can't prove they had that pre 1990?

your affordability is about your next paycheck, the left worrys about the time your new born child gets to vote, and his child gets to vote,

its very simple right wing people worry about today
left wing people worry about tommorow, next year next century and about if the human race will exist in 10 000 years.

right wing, just today, whats the price of a hamburger today

your affordability is about your next paycheck

Yes, losing your job and not being able to heat your house is a concern of the right.

the left worrys about the time your new born child gets to vote, and his child gets to vote,

Yeah, 18 years of giving tax dollars to cronies is a very left position.

think Idiocracy, they froze an mccarthy idiot in 1954 and unfroze him in 2354, and he was still the most stupid around

and the paycheck thing.. thats why the left wants to raise the minimum wage so you can pay your dept

your an american not a billionaer so i asume your in dept

and i asume your not donald trump then you would claim to be a billionaer while being in dept

and the paycheck thing.. thats why the left wants to raise the minimum wage so you can pay your dept

your an american not a billionaer so i asume your in dept

and i asume your not donald trump then you would claim to be a billionaer while being in dept

Yes, driving companies out of business and reducing employment always helps the paycheck thing. Derp!

Forum List

Back