Why does everyone keep saying "A nuclear war is unwinnable for everyone involved"?

I'd start with some EMP strikes over Russia and China, followed by their missile silos, followed by their governmental and high-density population centers.
I think you need to research nukes more. If you did, you would find out that nuclear weapons are EMP's.

What really sends shivers down my spine is the gut feeling that JGalt will eventually have his wish granted.

I don't know when but I think the human species will eventually go through a nuclear conflagration in its History.

I can only "hope" it will be a "limited" one like India and Pakistan (or future countries that don't even exist yet) dropping a couple of nukes on each other.

What really sends shivers down my spine is the gut feeling that JGalt will eventually have his wish granted.

I don't know when but I think the human species will eventually go through a nuclear conflagration in its History.

I can only "hope" it will be a "limited" one like India and Pakistan (or future countries that don't even exist yet) dropping a couple of nukes on each other.
I suspect it will be that exact scenario, which will horrify the world and serve as an example to other nuclear nations so they will chill the fuck out.

I suspect it will be that exact scenario, which will horrify the world and serve as an example to other nuclear nations so they will chill the fuck out.
I believe you are wishful thinking. Given the unrest and absolute refusal by the two sides in the world today (nationalists vs globalists) to compromise--I think it will be MAD. Sad, but no one ever accused mankind of being particularly smart.

I believe you are wishful thinking. Given the unrest and absolute refusal by the two sides in the world today (nationalists vs globalists) to compromise--I think it will be MAD. Sad, but no one ever accused mankind of being particularly smart.
It only happens if a mad man has his finger on the button. It would have to be someone evil, who is either suicidal or dying from cancer or something. We have seen plenty of mad men dictators, but no suicidal ones, or dying ones. Actually, I guess if Hitler had nukes, it would have happened then. Thank god he didnt.

Galt they would be able to detect the launch within seconds of the missiles leaving the ground ! plenty of time to launch a counter strike before the first bombs hit ! plenty of time !

Gee, you sure are putting a lot of faith in Russian and Chinese technology.

Have you ever bought anything from Walmart that didn't break or quit working after a few days? :laughing0301:

Have you ever bought anything from Walmart that didn't break or quit working after a few days? :laughing0301:
Russia has a failsafe system, that if communication with Moscow is lost, missiles as far away as Siberia are automatically triggered to launch against the USA.

The consequences would be snowing radioactivity down on the heads of all our children. Mass nuclear detonations on other continents would eventually irradiate much of the United States as well. No thanks. Further, if the US nuked 'the world' essentially, other surviving nations/armies would give us no quarter in any future wars or trade or whatever; all bets would be off and all non-proliferation treaties would be kaput. Again, no thanks. Sober up?

Not really. It would mostly circulate in the highter latitudes and rain down on Canada, Russia and northern europe.

if N Korea has nukes what makes you think the Russians dont have a capable nuclear arsenal

It only happens if a mad man has his finger on the button. It would have to be someone evil, who is either suicidal or dying from cancer or something. We have seen plenty of mad men dictators, but no suicidal ones, or dying ones. Actually, I guess if Hitler had nukes, it would have happened then. Thank god he didnt.
rumors are floating around the intel community that Putin may have serious health problems .

rumors are floating around the intel community that Putin may have serious health problems .
Yeah, I have heard these theories. It is troubling, but as bad as Putin is, he doesnt strike me as THAT unhinged. Ending humanity requires an extreme level of crazy.

if N Korea has nukes what makes you think the Russians dont have a capable nuclear arsenal

And you don't think the entire world hasn't surpassed this (1961) technology many times over? Russian technology has been suspect for a long time. They claim a lot, but short on proof. Many years ago, they claimed to have superior migs, but when the rubber hit the road, it turned out they were not the technological marvels they claimed to be. Nuclear weapons are fairly easy to come by--accurate delivery systems? Not so much.

And you don't think the entire world hasn't surpassed this (1961) technology many times over? Russian technology has been suspect for a long time. They claim a lot, but short on proof. Many years ago, they claimed to have superior migs, but when the rubber hit the road, it turned out they were not the technological marvels they claimed to be. Nuclear weapons are fairly easy to come by--accurate delivery systems? Not so much.
thats a hope i wouldnt rely on ...especially when the destruction of the planet is a possibility .

thats a hope i wouldnt rely on ...especially when the destruction of the planet is a possibility .
Agreed. I believe there are a few countries that have those delivery systems--N. Korea isn't one of them. I also believe that saner minds would prevail in the countries that do have those systems. If not, its been nice conversing with you.

Actually, i dont think there has been a ton of progress in nuke tech for a long time, and our current nukes arent as big as the Tsar Bomb. I think our biggest nukes have like half the yield of that monster nuke.

All research has been put into delivering nukes. It started with ICBM's, then they went to nuclear subs and now they are concentrating on speed. Russia has definitely made progress there, unfortunately. Their new Sarmat missiles are crazy fast. Once upon a time we had a 4-6 hour heads up if Russia launched a nuke. I think its like 15-30 minutes now. It gives us no time to consider our response, which means our response will almost certainly be to launch everything.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back