Why does everyone keep saying "A nuclear war is unwinnable for everyone involved"?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Is this some kind of a mantra based on hundreds of years of mankind's experience with nuclear war?

I mean come the fuck on now: The only time throughout history that nuclear weapons were used, was by these United States of America toward the end of WW2.

And if you remember your history correctly, we fucking won. The Japs lost, and it ended the whole fucking war right then and there. And in spite of the seared flesh and vaporized cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, look how Japan turned out to be good buddies of ours 70 years later. Amazing, ain't it?

Maybe we should just nuke the living fuck out of both Russia and China right now, and worry about the consequences later. No guts, no glory.

Is this some kind of a mantra based on hundreds of years of mankind's experience with nuclear war?

I mean come the fuck on now: The only time throughout history that nuclear weapons were used, was by these United States of America toward the end of WW2.

And if you remember your history correctly, we fucking won. The Japs lost, and it ended the whole fucking war right then and there. And in spite of the seared flesh and vaporized cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, look how Japan turned out to be good buddies of ours 70 years later. Amazing, ain't it?

Maybe we should just nuke the living fuck out of both Russia and China right now, and worry about the consequences later. No guts, no glory.
That is what happened in 1945. In 2022, there are enough nukes worldwide to literally scorch the entire earth and you can rest assured that if a nuke was used by anyone, that would be the inevitable result.

And no human life in all probability. Though the Chinese believe they can sustain 10% of their population in the event of a nuclear war and its aftermath.

Regardless, it would be an extinction level event.

I believe it was General Curtis LeMay who pretty much spooked the crap out of everyone when he said that nukes were just another bomb and we need not be afraid to use them.

we were the only nation with the bomb when it was used ! if Japan would have had the bomb they would have retaliated with it before surrendering ... Russia and the US each have enough nukes to destroy the planet several times over ..... get the picture?

we were the only nation with the bomb when it was used ! if Japan would have had the bomb they would have retaliated with it before surrendering ... Russia and the US each have enough nukes to destroy the planet several times over ..... get the picture?

Define "destroy the planet several times over." Is that something like "global warming" killing everyone within the next 8 years, like the "sky is falling" environmentalists keep saying?

Why don't I believe them? Color me skeptical.

If you nuke someone who has ICBM's, is there any reason why you think they wont retaliate and start WW3?

That is what happened in 1945. In 2022, there are enough nukes worldwide to literally scorch the entire earth and you can rest assured that if a nuke was used by anyone, that would be the inevitable result.

Excuse me for going against the grain, but I think nuclear weapons are way over-rated.

Ya'll are just a bunch of freaked out Cold War era baby boomers who were raised up being afraid of nukes. :laughing0301:

The consequences would be snowing radioactivity down on the heads of all our children. Mass nuclear detonations on other continents would eventually irradiate much of the United States as well. No thanks. Further, if the US nuked 'the world' essentially, other surviving nations/armies would give us no quarter in any future wars or trade or whatever; all bets would be off and all non-proliferation treaties would be kaput. Again, no thanks. Sober up?

Define "destroy the planet several times over." Is that something like "global warming" killing everyone within the next 8 years, like the "sky is falling" environmentalists keep saying?

Nope. Man can't warm the planet, but we can cool it. The research on a nuclear winter is solid.

I believe the amount of radiation that would be released would kill all life on Earth, and it wouldnt take 8 years. Everyone would be dead within weeks, most would be dead within days.

you are an idiot

1651008114258.png
a few thousand of those being dropped would be the end of mankind .

If you nuke someone who has ICBM's, is there any reason why you think they wont retaliate and start WW3?

It doesn't work that way. Whomever commits the first strike wins. If you nuke them first and nuke them hard, their capability to retaliate immediately becomes non-operational. It's not like there's some imaginary "doomsday machine" than runs on unicorn farts and green energy.

I'd start with some EMP strikes over Russia and China, followed by their missile silos, followed by their governmental and high-density population centers.

Let's git 'er done, you Putin-lovers. :04:

It doesn't work that way. Whomever commits the first strike wins. If you nuke them first and nuke them hard, their capability to retaliate immediately becomes non-operational. It's not like there's some imaginary "doomsday machine" than runs on unicorn farts and green energy.

I'd start with some EMP strikes over Russia and China, followed by their missile silos, followed by their governmental and high-density population centers.

That simply isnt true. Its why the US has NORAD. Whomever gets fired upon always knows it before the nukes land. You also arent factoring in nuclear subs, which will surely launch their nukes, even if their home nation is destroyed. Hell, especially if its destroyed.

Galt they would be able to detect the launch within seconds of the missiles leaving the ground ! plenty of time to launch a counter strike before the first bombs hit ! plenty of time !

1 Trident SSBN can destroy all of Russia. Mervs to blanket nuke major cities.

1 Typhoon can do the same to us.

There can be no winners. No one will win

Forum List

Back