Why does Britain have low gun murder rates, their criminals are bad shots....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here is a shooting in London.....they shot the guy in the leg.....maybe we can send some of our Chicago gang members over to Britain to show them how to shoot other criminals.....they just aren't doing it right......

Man shot in east London

A young man is injured in hospital today after he was shot in east London.

Gang police are investigating after the victim, aged in his 20s, was shot in the leg in Barking in the early hours of this morning.

Here is a shooting in London.....they shot the guy in the leg.....maybe we can send some of our Chicago gang members over to Britain to show them how to shoot other criminals.....they just aren't doing it right......

Man shot in east London

Gang police are investigating after the victim, aged in his 20s, was shot in the leg in Barking in the early hours of this morning.

Even a bullet in the leg (thigh) can kill-----eg if it cuts the
femoral artery--HOWEVER----I do agree with you-----the US
has a CULTURE of guns and lots of opportunity to practice for EVERYONE-------in Merry Old-----only the ultra rich get to shoot at tiny innocent foxes

Easy.

The only difference between them and us is this. We have the same movies, the same TV shows, the same books, the same internet etc…

An unbalanced guy attempts to ask a woman out at the office where they work. She says no.

In England, he goes home and gets upset. Unable to buy a gun…he eventually gets over it.
In America, he goes down to the corner and buys a gun comes back the next day and kills her, himself and probably some others.

Easy.

The only difference between them and us is this. We have the same movies, the same TV shows, the same books, the same internet etc…

An unbalanced guy attempts to ask a woman out at the office where they work. She says no.

In England, he goes home and gets upset. Unable to buy a gun…he eventually gets over it.
In America, he goes down to the corner and buys a gun comes back the next day and kills her, himself and probably some others.

I do not believe it is the movies, the comic books or the ----electronic games------it is THE CULTURE ------both the USA and Merry Old now have DIVERSE societies---------people grow up in the same land but in DIFFERENT SOCIAL GROUPS

Why do the Brits have a lower gun -related crime rate?

Probably has something to do with the idea that the English have been turned into a tame and docile race by their political masters.

Easy.

That applies in so many situations.

Easy.

Its amazing that there is such a denial about cause and effect relationships.

Easy.

Everybody has a breaking point but some people dont have access to killing machines. Are there any stats on this ?

Why do the Brits have a lower gun -related crime rate?

Probably has something to do with the idea that the English have been turned into a tame and docile race by their political masters.

I am a bit surprised by your comment, Mr Kondor------it seems
OUT OF CHARACTER. BTW---just who are their "political
masters" ??? I have a sister-in-law (one of many) who is
very much an ANGLOPHILE (almost fanatically so) We do not get along-----nothing big---just conflicting personalities. She once told me "you should drink tea---it is "CIVILIZING" "...
maybe its the tea------and the crumpets. ---and the teaspoon vs the SUGAR SHELL (that's the spoon specific for sugar)...
and the controversy over ---milk in the cup first or-----after (???) that keeps their minds on "OTHER THINGS"-----
ie which tool to use when eating what-------and NOT BULLETS

Easy.

I do not believe it is the movies, the comic books or the ----electronic games------it is THE CULTURE ------both the USA and Merry Old now have DIVERSE societies---------people grow up in the same land but in DIFFERENT SOCIAL GROUPS

The cultures are the same (culture is made up of a society’s arts, education, demographics etc…). You play the same video games as a kid in London CT that you do in London England. YOU see the same movies. You have access to the same literature.

The only difference is that over here, deadly force is available on the street corner. Over there it isn’t.

Easy.

Everybody has a breaking point but some people dont have access to killing machines. Are there any stats on this ?

Nations that don’t have the 2nd Amendment don’t have as many rampage killings as those that do.

Easy.

I have one stat------I don't have access to guns-----GOOD THING!!!!!

Man shot in east London

Every one of your arguments about guns would be out the window if the stats were on gun injuries in this country. It is my theory that one of the reasons gun death rates have been dropping for 30 years is that trauma medicine has vastly improved. They're living after being shot.
If you were to investigate, I think you would find lots of folks in this country every day getting shot in the leg, the arm, the butt--and not "counting" because doctors saved their lives. There are young gang members walking around Chicago that have already been shot multiple times.
If I were shot by some asshole, I'd want the same attention and sympathy that the dead people get. Wouldn't you?

Easy.

Kind of hard to count those things that don't happen.

Easy.

Kind of hard to count those things that don't happen.
I was thinking about domestic shootings or road rage type things. Shootings that happen as a result of a row rather than the fall out of a gang war or drug deal.

Man shot in east London

Every one of your arguments about guns would be out the window if the stats were on gun injuries in this country. It is my theory that one of the reasons gun death rates have been dropping for 30 years is that trauma medicine has vastly improved. They're living after being shot.
If you were to investigate, I think you would find lots of folks in this country every day getting shot in the leg, the arm, the butt--and not "counting" because doctors saved their lives. There are young gang members walking around Chicago that have already been shot multiple times.
If I were shot by some asshole, I'd want the same attention and sympathy that the dead people get. Wouldn't you?

GOOD point-----for much of my life I did emergency room BULLET IN THE HEAD-------work. In my time I saw lots of
survival-------and lots of ACCIDENTAL lead wounds-----as in
1) kid finds dad's gun, ---2 passerby injured by cop bullet during DRUG BUST 3 convenient gun found by a suicidal teen --------and my all time fave 4) "I was cleaning the gun and it "went off"----right into hubby's head. As time went by----a lot fewer people died-----especially from a .22 caliber thing

Man shot in east London

Even a bullet in the leg (thigh) can kill-----eg if it cuts the
femoral artery--HOWEVER----I do agree with you-----the US
has a CULTURE of guns and lots of opportunity to practice for EVERYONE-------in Merry Old-----only the ultra rich get to shoot at tiny innocent foxes

And don't forget the criminals.....when you confiscate guns, as they did in Britain...their gun crime rate didn't go down...last year it went up 4%....so that means only the rich, cops and criminals get to have guns....

Easy.

Yeah....not even close to being true. Do you guys always make up stuff or do you just decide to be lazy and not research anything......

of the gun murders we have 90% of the shooters have long histories of crime and violence...they are not you average joe shooting the wife over dinner, or the woman who doesn't want to go out with him.............

Easy.

And of course you have no idea what you are talking about....you have to get a background check and wait 3 days ........please...do some research before you post....

Easy.

Yes......we have all sorts of crime research.......there are 357,000,000 guns in the United States....

there were 1,500,000 defensive uses of guns by Americans according to the bill clinton Department of Justice study on gun self defense...confirmed by the obama Centers for Disease control examination of all gun research in 2013.....

there were 8,124 gun murders in 2014.....which is down from the 1990s...as more Americans own and carry guns...our gun murder rate has gone down, not up....unlike Britain.....

of the 8,124 gun murders....90% of the shooters have histories of violence, felonies and crime.....they are not just normal people who have guns who one day decide to murder people....considering that number...they cannot legally buy, own or carry a gun.......

Of the 10% left......you have the dangerously mentally ill....and those who should be felons but haven't been caught yet......or at least long histories of violence, like the abortion clinic shooter....a charge of rape, but the woman refused to testify, and a long history of domestic abuse.....

So out of 357,000,000 guns in private hands, less than 8,124 are used for murder by people who cannot legally buy, own or carry them under existing law......

And those shooters.....are located in tiny areas of our inner cities in democrat voting districts....

Forum List

Back