CDZ Why does America accept chain migration and diversity visas?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I don't believe Canada has this, though I believe we have an easier path for immediate family, next of kin etc. I don't believe we have diversity visa.

Which Phd graduate figured this would be a good idea? Any of you believe this is a positive immigration strategy, and if so, why?

Trump converting to a skills based, rewards based immigration system is a very wise approach. God Bless him.

Liberals feel sorry and think they can fix brown people

I don't believe Canada has this, though I believe we have an easier path for immediate family, next of kin etc. I don't believe we have diversity visa.

Which Phd graduate figured this would be a good idea? Any of you believe this is a positive immigration strategy, and if so, why?

Trump converting to a skills based, rewards based immigration system is a very wise approach. God Bless him.

Chain migration is accepting in a PHD from another country and allowing his uneducated family/neighbors to join?

It is our legacy from the big government expansion era of the 19th century.

Follow me.

In 1825, 1850, 1800, whenever, if we were going to accomplish our dreams of manifest destiny/conquering the continent we needed more people. So we imported them and though the largest government welfare program ever gave away land to those who would go just live on it and we used the military to defend them from the natives who thought that land was theirs. Life in the eastern cities was soo miserable folks thought this was a good idea to take their families away from the latest medical advancements and culture to the frontier.

Immigration to Alaska never took off. The climate and distance made really encouraging it an economic loser for both the government and those thinking about moving there. We failed to conquer Mexico in any of our wars of territorial acquisition. Come the beginning of the 20th century then the great land giveaway programs were winding to a stop.

We got by for awhile, the 1st World War happened and we were isolated from its economic effects more so than other developed nations. Life was good.

Then 1929 happened! Eventually we decided on what to replace the big government land giveaway / welfare programs with, the economy stabilized and poof, WWII happened. Once again we were isolated from its economic effects more so than other developed nations. Life was good afterwards.

So the pattern of accepting immigrants into an America which already spread from coast to coast got ingrained in us during the first 60, 70, years of the 20th century. It also got ingrained in our economic system. More Americans meant more demand for real estate and home values almost always went up. Any idiot could buy a house with a front loaded mortgage or speculate on land and do ok on it because there was always going to be more demand for that land because more Americans were being created.

Other economies (China, France, Germany) recovered from WWII or evolved due to the shrinking world and it became more and more important to boost our economy by any means necessary. Interest rates began a long series of decline to provide welfare for real estate speculation and boost our GDP which essentially pays for the military. (the more money we have the more taxes we pay, the more bonds the country can sell)

By the 1st decade of the 21st century either our rulers got lazy or there just was no additional way to artificially boost our real estate values and POOF! the crash happened.

What if we imported more people around Y2K? Would it have prevented the crash? Maybe. When South St Louis imported all the Bosnians they could it really helped that area in comparison to other near by areas which either did not welcome them as openly or they just did not move to because, well, why not move near where your old neighbor Amar moved.

The political climate of the 2000's just wasn't that different than the 2010's though and due to a rise in white nationalism, national security concerns / xenophobia it would have been difficult for a Republican administration to open the borders to fix the pending problem.

Still though, you can't just close the borders until you convince Americans to have more babies who will need to buy houses thus creating more demand or we adjust our spending/expectations accordingly.

That was long.

Chain migration is accepting in a PHD from another country and allowing his uneducated family/neighbors to join?

Follow me.

In 1825, 1850, 1800, whenever, if we were going to accomplish our dreams of manifest destiny/conquering the continent we needed more people. So we imported them and though the largest government welfare program ever gave away land to those who would go just live on it and we used the military to defend them from the natives who thought that land was theirs. Life in the eastern cities was soo miserable folks thought this was a good idea to take their families away from the latest medical advancements and culture to the frontier.

Immigration to Alaska never took off. The climate and distance made really encouraging it an economic loser for both the government and those thinking about moving there. We failed to conquer Mexico in any of our wars of territorial acquisition. Come the beginning of the 20th century then the great land giveaway programs were winding to a stop.

We got by for awhile, the 1st World War happened and we were isolated from its economic effects more so than other developed nations. Life was good.

Then 1929 happened! Eventually we decided on what to replace the big government land giveaway / welfare programs with, the economy stabilized and poof, WWII happened. Once again we were isolated from its economic effects more so than other developed nations. Life was good afterwards.

So the pattern of accepting immigrants into an America which already spread from coast to coast got ingrained in us during the first 60, 70, years of the 20th century. It also got ingrained in our economic system. More Americans meant more demand for real estate and home values almost always went up. Any idiot could buy a house with a front loaded mortgage or speculate on land and do ok on it because there was always going to be more demand for that land because more Americans were being created.

Other economies (China, France, Germany) recovered from WWII or evolved due to the shrinking world and it became more and more important to boost our economy by any means necessary. Interest rates began a long series of decline to provide welfare for real estate speculation and boost our GDP which essentially pays for the military. (the more money we have the more taxes we pay, the more bonds the country can sell)

By the 1st decade of the 21st century either our rulers got lazy or there just was no additional way to artificially boost our real estate values and POOF! the crash happened.

What if we imported more people around Y2K? Would it have prevented the crash? Maybe. When South St Louis imported all the Bosnians they could it really helped that area in comparison to other near by areas which either did not welcome them as openly or they just did not move to because, well, why not move near where your old neighbor Amar moved.

The political climate of the 2000's just wasn't that different than the 2010's though and due to a rise in white nationalism, national security concerns / xenophobia it would have been difficult for a Republican administration to open the borders to fix the pending problem.

Still though, you can't just close the borders until you convince Americans to have more babies who will need to buy houses thus creating more demand or we adjust our spending/expectations accordingly.

That was long.

No...today, the democrats see chain migration as a way to turn the country into a democrat plantation......that is the answer.

America’s immigration policy is all screwed up. I personally think it’s stupid that illegal immigrants get to take advantage of our public school systems.....but the Supreme Court ruled that they cannot be turned away.
:cuckoo:

incentivizing illegal behavior......

Follow me.

That was long.

No...today, the democrats see chain migration as a way to turn the country into a democrat plantation......that is the answer.

My friend this is the CDZ, you read plenty and know legal decisions better than I.

W/O sounding the alarm that your team is good or the other bad, use your words to tell me why chain migration is good or bad or the holes in my soliloquy on the history of immigration.

I don't believe Canada has this

Google can be your "friend" if you but avail yourself of it....

I don't believe we have diversity visa.

Canada has a lottery program just as the U.S. does. That lottery program is the vehicle by which the U.S. attempts to incorporate diversity into the population of immigrants it accepts into the path to citizenship.

Why does America accept chain migration and diversity visas?

The U.S. does not accept visas; it issues them.

need to cut back legal immigration...should've been done years ago

Forum List

Back