Why do you need a gun?

Almost as important as having a gun is the ability to take it away from the assailant. Everyone should practice this technique. If someone puts a gun in my face I want to take that gun way and use it against the assailant.

Better questions would be why? And the answer would be because some jack offs fired on rescue choppers. But you already knew that.
Actually that shooting at rescue helicopters tale has been debunked. It didn't happen.

[...]
CNN reported repeatedly on Sept. 1, three days after Katrina ravaged New Orleans, that evacuations at the Superdome were suspended because "someone fired a shot at a helicopter." But Louisiana National Guard officials on the ground at the time now say that no helicopters came under attack and that evacuations were never stopped because of gunfire.
[...]

News of Pandemonium May Have Slowed Aid - washingtonpost.com

Better questions would be why? And the answer would be because some jack offs fired on rescue choppers. But you already knew that.
Actually that shooting at rescue helicopters tale has been debunked. It didn't happen.

[...]
CNN reported repeatedly on Sept. 1, three days after Katrina ravaged New Orleans, that evacuations at the Superdome were suspended because "someone fired a shot at a helicopter." But Louisiana National Guard officials on the ground at the time now say that no helicopters came under attack and that evacuations were never stopped because of gunfire.
[...]

News of Pandemonium May Have Slowed Aid - washingtonpost.com

Mike my step son is in the coast guard he was there in the helicopter the day after the levys broke pulling people from roof tops. He said people were shooting at them. and that was before it came out in the news.

An armed Public is the last line of defense against the Tyranny of Government. The Last Check in the play book of Checks and balances. It must never be taken away.

Let's be reasonable here. This idea went out the window decades ago.

We've got guns, but they've got tanks, bombers, fighter jets, destroyers, submarines and NUKES.

An armed Public is the last line of defense against the Tyranny of Government. The Last Check in the play book of Checks and balances. It must never be taken away.

We've got guns, but they've got tanks, bombers, fighter jets, destroyers, submarines and NUKES.

LOL Really? they have all that? Somethings are worth dying for even against odds like that. Freedom just happens to be the only thing worth dying for. OH and by the way how did that heavy equiptment help the Russian in 1980?

One man with one gun can take at least one life. And as long as that prospect remains a viable threat there is power in an armed population. The only remaining question is how much oppression are the collective subjects of a tyrannical government willing to endure.

The most outstanding event in the entire history of the so-called Holocaust was when a group of armed Jews rebelled against the Nazis in the Warsaw Ghetto. It took a week, distracted an entire regiment and cost many German lives to bring an end to it. Imagine if all the Jews in Germany were armed.

Do you think there could have been a "Holocaust?"

An unarmed citizen is a declawed cat.

Last edited:

One man with one gun can take at least one life. And as long as that prospect remains a viable threat there is power in an armed population. The only remaining question is how much oppression are the collective subjects of a tyrannical government willing to endure.

The most outstanding event in the entire history of the so-called Holocaust was when a group of armed Jews rebelled against the Nazis in the Warsaw Ghetto. It took a week, distracted an entire regiment and cost many German lives to bring an end to it. Imagine if all the Jews in Germany were armed.

Do you think there could have been a "Holocaust?"

An unarmed citizen is a declawed cat.

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject"

Almost as important as having a gun is the ability to take it away from the assailant. Everyone should practice this technique. If someone puts a gun in my face I want to take that gun way and use it against the assailant.

The chance of getting a gun away from someone is slim.

Any person who knows what he is doing is going to maintain distance.

Actually that isn't the case. Time is your most important asset. If you can get with in arms reach of the person thats half the battle. Face them talk to them keep your hands up at just above your eye level.. Depending on which is your strong arm push towards the gun as you do this swing your weak side away from the direction of the barrel of the gun. as you swing you strong hand side towards the gun

Like this
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2vqEXJuFB0]YouTube - Chong's Pan Nam Wing Chun Chin Na Gun Disarming Tactic[/ame]

LOL Really? they have all that? Somethings are worth dying for even against odds like that. Freedom just happens to be the only thing worth dying for. OH and by the way how did that heavy equiptment help the Russian in 1980?

I'm not arguing against guns, I'm just being reasonable.

A tyrannical government in the US wouldn't stop simply because we've still got pistols, shotguns, and assault rifles.

In no way is this an argument against defending freedom. But in 1790, they had pistols and muskets, and so did we. It was a pretty fair playing field.

If anything, I'd argue that we have the right to own tanks, jets, etc., as long as the government does.

Actually that isn't the case. Time is your most important asset. If you can get with in arms reach of the person thats half the battle. Face them talk to them keep your hands up at just above your eye level.. Depending on which is your strong arm push towards the gun as you do this swing your weak side away from the direction of the barrel of the gun. as you swing you strong hand side towards the gun

Like this
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2vqEXJuFB0]YouTube - Chong's Pan Nam Wing Chun Chin Na Gun Disarming Tactic[/ame]

Most people would simply end up getting themselves shot.

Forum List

Back