Why do you need a gun?

Let's be reasonable here. This idea went out the window decades ago.

We've got guns, but they've got tanks, bombers, fighter jets, destroyers, submarines and NUKES.

LOL Really? they have all that? Somethings are worth dying for even against odds like that. Freedom just happens to be the only thing worth dying for. OH and by the way how did that heavy equiptment help the Russian in 1980?

I'm not arguing against guns, I'm just being reasonable.

A tyrannical government in the US wouldn't stop simply because we've still got pistols, shotguns, and assault rifles.

In no way is this an argument against defending freedom. But in 1790, they had pistols and muskets, and so did we. It was a pretty fair playing field.

If anything, I'd argue that we have the right to own tanks, jets, etc., as long as the government does.

Some things are worth dying for, no matter the odds.
Have you ever heard of the 3 percenters? If not check into it. If you take all the gun owners in America and then take 3 percent of that number we still out number every LEO agency and military in America. And I can asure you their are 3 percent that would take up arms against a tyrannical government in America.

The chance of getting a gun away from someone is slim.

Any person who knows what he is doing is going to maintain distance.

Actually that isn't the case. Time is your most important asset. If you can get with in arms reach of the person thats half the battle. Face them talk to them keep your hands up at just above your eye level.. Depending on which is your strong arm push towards the gun as you do this swing your weak side away from the direction of the barrel of the gun. as you swing you strong hand side towards the gun

Like this
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2vqEXJuFB0]YouTube - Chong's Pan Nam Wing Chun Chin Na Gun Disarming Tactic[/ame]

Most people would simply end up getting themselves shot.

True that’s why you practice with a friend or family member. It took me a few try's to master this technique.

LOL Really? they have all that? Somethings are worth dying for even against odds like that. Freedom just happens to be the only thing worth dying for. OH and by the way how did that heavy equiptment help the Russian in 1980?

A tyrannical government in the US wouldn't stop simply because we've still got pistols, shotguns, and assault rifles.

In no way is this an argument against defending freedom. But in 1790, they had pistols and muskets, and so did we. It was a pretty fair playing field.

If anything, I'd argue that we have the right to own tanks, jets, etc., as long as the government does.

Have you ever heard of the 3 percenters? If not check into it. If you take all the gun owners in America and then take 3 percent of that number we still out number every LEO agency and military in America. And I can asure you their are 3 percent that would take up arms against a tyrannical government in America.

But we still don't have tanks, jets, and nukes.

Did the afghans have tanks? oh and any leader that would choose to use nukes agaiunst his own people would be worthy of death

Last edited:

Did the afghans have tanks?

The difference between them and us is that Russia was trying to invade and occupy a foreign nation.

If our own government turned against us, they already control this nation. All they would need to do is get to the eventual point where they wiped out the requisite number of dissenters. The rest of the governmental infrastructure is already in place.

There's a pretty big difference.

The difference between them and us is that Russia was trying to invade and occupy a foreign nation.

If our own government turned against us, they already control this nation. All they would need to do is get to the eventual point where they wiped out the requisite number of dissenters. The rest of the governmental infrastructure is already in place.

paulie here's a lesson for you to learn remeber we are talking about a tyrannical government the military is supposed to obey any lawful order, not any order. They as I swore to protect the Constitution they did not take an oath to protect the government. If an unlawful order is given

Last edited:
Actually that isn't the case. Time is your most important asset. If you can get with in arms reach of the person thats half the battle. Face them talk to them keep your hands up at just above your eye level.. Depending on which is your strong arm push towards the gun as you do this swing your weak side away from the direction of the barrel of the gun. as you swing you strong hand side towards the gun

Like this
YouTube - Chong's Pan Nam Wing Chun Chin Na Gun Disarming Tactic

True that’s why you practice with a friend or family member. It took me a few try's to master this technique.

As Ollie said the probablity is that you are going to get shot no matter how much you practice.

If I have drawn my gun on you, you are not going to get it away from me. You are going to get shot.

It's a lot easier when you have a willing partner to practice with you, who

1) Is going to let you let you get close enough to do it

2) Not going to do shoot you when you attempt it

If you are going to get shot anway, you have little to lose.

Like this
YouTube - Chong's Pan Nam Wing Chun Chin Na Gun Disarming Tactic

That's why people practice this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1tvUDUwPl8]YouTube - Sheriff's Tip: Avoiding a Gun Grab[/ame]

I bet I would win.

Last edited:

That's why people practice this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1tvUDUwPl8]YouTube - Sheriff's Tip: Avoiding a Gun Grab[/ame]

I bet I would win.

99 out of 100 times the bad guy will already have his gun drawn and pointing at center mass.

As Ollie said the probablity is that you are going to get shot no matter how much you practice.

If I have drawn my gun on you, you are not going to get it away from me. You are going to get shot.

It's a lot easier when you have a willing partner to practice with you, who

You pratice becaue you react by the way you pratice. I have had to disarm two people while I was a police officer. My training saved my life.

paulie here's a lesson for you to learn remeber we are talking about a tyrannical government the military is supposed to obey any lawful order, not any order. They as I swore to protect the Constitution they did not take an oath to protect the government. If an unlawful order is given

Indeed.

As Ollie said

You pratice becaue you react by the way you pratice. I have had to disarm two people while I was a police officer. My training saved my life.
how are you going to disarm someone who keeps disTance and knows what he is doing?

As Ollie said

how are you going to disarm someone who keeps disTance and knows what he is doing?

Shoot first?

As Ollie said

most bad guys don't know what they are doing thats why they are the bad guy. Have you ever seen a gangbanger hold a gun?

My point is that if you try to take away the gun from someone who knows what he is doing you will get shot.

You obviously haven't thought much about this outside the box.

There's a plethora of situations the government could manufacture that would make such orders appear plenty lawful.

I've been in the military. I know just how serious following orders is taken, and just how serious QUESTIONING them is taken as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back