Why do you believe/disbelieve in God?

it wasnt him that made me suffer it was the sin of the world

So, your god just didn't care, then? What happened to 'God's Will'?

Also, it was god who made man and woman as they were knowing that he set the stage for the 'Eden Incident;- Omnipotent + Omniscient means he knew that he was making a flawed being and did so anyway. The 'sin of the world' and your suffering are exactly what 'god' wanted

but he is there when I needed him......

Where was he before tyou got the shit beat out of you? Or did you not decide on neochristianity until later?

.. the way I was treated wasn't his fault like I said it was the sin of this world...........

Which was set and ordered by god

I believe in God because I can see his work everywhere I look. I'm not offended by the question. :)

Its cool to hear that some still do believe in GOD.... I so agree on seeing his work everywhere you look you cant help but see GOD and the work he has done......

There aren't just some who believe in God, renoite. Most people believe in a god of some sort, and in this country, most people believe in your god.

I think its ridiculous that Christians cling to a pseudo-underdog-minority status, as though they are constantly persecuted for believing. This is America. You aren't persecuted here. Even the Government celebrates Christmas! Most Americans are Christians. Welcome to the class of power!

I believe in God because I can see his work everywhere I look. I'm not offended by the question. :)

Its cool to hear that some still do believe in GOD.... I so agree on seeing his work everywhere you look you cant help but see GOD and the work he has done......

There aren't just some who believe in God, renoite. Most people believe in a god of some sort, and in this country, most people believe in your god.

not really. If you question thenm, they pretty muich pay lip service and truly believe none of it

I do not believe in any god(s). I just haven't seen any evidence to lead me to the conclusion one exists. There are and have been many different religions, and none that I have seen are clearly right or correct or better than the others at explaining why their beliefs are true. Other than people's personal experiences (which are hard to completely refute; how do you deny someone is feeling something?) the reasons I usually hear to explain why a god must exist are based on ignorance. Please, don't take that as an insult, as I am not saying it is religious stupidity; rather, it is human ignorance. We don't have proven answers to so many questions, and many people seem to feel this is proof of the existence of their version of the divine. For me, I just try to accept that I, personally, and humanity as a whole, have a lot yet to try and learn. I don't know how the universe began (assuming it did begin at all), I don't know how life first began on this planet, I don't know if there is life or intelligence elsewhere in the universe, etc. etc. I haven't been given a reason to believe anyone's particular god, or any god at all, is the answer to these questions.

And, while I don't believe in any of the religions I've been exposed to, for various reasons, I refuse to deny the possibility of the existence of a god or gods. Again, I think that's a matter of ignorance; with so much I don't know, I'm not going to rule things out unless I have what I consider a good reason.

I'm not at all offended by the question. As someone else said, I love talking about this stuff :)

not really. If you question thenm, they pretty muich pay lip service and truly believe none of it

no sin of the world came apone the devil tempting eve and adam..... thats how sin came about were soppouse to live without sin till that happend........ and I know what happend to me and who was there and it was GOD if he wasnt there I dont know where i would be today

no sin of the world came apone the devil tempting eve and adam.....

All god's creations ;)

form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

thats how sin came about were soppouse to live without sin till that happend........ a

of course, iif lies and deception are sins, and the snake supposedly did those things- sin was in the world with the snake before they ate of the tree :eusa_whistle:

nd I know what happend to me and who was there and it was GOD if he wasnt there I dont know where i would be today[/QUOTE]

no sin of the world came apone the devil tempting eve and adam.....

All god's creations ;)

form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

thats how sin came about were soppouse to live without sin till that happend........ a

of course, iif lies and deception are sins, and the snake supposedly did those things- sin was in the world with the snake before they ate of the tree :eusa_whistle:

nd I know what happend to me and who was there and it was GOD if he wasnt there I dont know where i would be today
[/QUOTE]

there was no sin and the snake was the devil in form of a snake and when the devil in form of a snake tempt eve to eat of the tree a apple and they tempt adam.. after that there was sin

and when the devil in form of a snake tempt eve to eat of the tree a apple and they tempt adam.. after that there was sin

So Satan didn't mislead Adam and Eve?-since to do so would be to lie and deceive, which would be a sin

:eusa_eh:So now you admit that Lucifer spoke the truth, did not lie, and cannot be shown to have done any wrong? Why do Christians always rail against him, then? I mean, Satan never ordered genocides or killed children :eusa_whistle:

and when the devil in form of a snake tempt eve to eat of the tree a apple and they tempt adam.. after that there was sin

So Satan didn't mislead Adam and Eve?-since to do so would be to lie and deceive, which would be a sin

:eusa_eh:So now you admit that Lucifer spoke the truth, did not lie, and cannot be shown to have done any wrong? Why do Christians always rail against him, then? I mean, Satan never ordered genocides or killed children :eusa_whistle:

yes he is he kill steal and destroy he is evil you want him as your god then all power to ya.... I think ill stick with mine and we are they still talking wow

yes he is he kill steal and destroy he is evil

How? Did lucifer order multiple genocides? No- that was El. Did The Morning Star order men to dash their neighbor's children against the stones? No! that was YHWH! Did 'Satan' order men to stone their children, give their daughters up to be raped, and spread their religion through the sword, killing all who were not the right race/tribe? no; that was your god.

One person is shown to be truly evil in the Torah/Bible and it not Lucifer.

ok, I'll try to make this simple for you renoite. The snake represents god's dick, and god was pissed that it wasn't adam who got tempted by the snake.

still talking blah blah blah still talking wow you can't stop talking can you blah blah blah :eusa_whistle:

YUet you still respond :lol:

You know, JB, Renoite could use some back-up. You've been giving a trenchant critique of the Ur-text of two monotheistic faiths - what we need is for Ralph to come back, and show us "what can be explained when intellectual honesty is applied to the actual text of the scriptures keeping the contextual integrity in place" - ! I'm sure he could make it perfectly clear for us, how the desire for knowledge is not a sin, how the god of the Old Testament is not a genocidal maniac, etc. etc.

I haven’t read everyone’s post in this thread but I want to respond with my take on this. I’m a believer and there is no way to convince a non-believer to believe or expect them to even understand why I believe because my experiences are personal but has solidified my belief. There are coincidences but rarely do they happen in such an abundance to accept them as a coincidence.

Hope this makes sense to some.

I haven’t read everyone’s post in this thread but I want to respond with my take on this. I’m a believer and there is no way to convince a non-believer to believe or expect them to even understand why I believe because my experiences are personal but has solidified my belief.

In other words, you can';t defend your beliefs or position and try to cop put by claiming that we'll 'never understand'..

I haven’t read everyone’s post in this thread but I want to respond with my take on this. I’m a believer and there is no way to convince a non-believer to believe or expect them to even understand why I believe because my experiences are personal but has solidified my belief.

In other words, you can';t defend your beliefs or position and try to cop put by claiming that we'll 'never understand'..

Not at all but rather throughout my life things have happened that cannot be just a mere coincidence. Things you would clearly not believe unless you walked my walk. It's not based on text or anything a preacher or someone told me. My walk with God is very personal and my experiences would be met with laughter and meaness that I will not entertain.

Forum List

Back