Why do Whites commit Suicide more than Others?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Why is that? White people have one hell of a problem with drugs, alcohol and domestic abuse but they are always killing themselves or murdering a bunch of people before killing themselves.

What is going on that makes the suicide rate so high?

I doubt we're spending much money trying to figure that one out.

During 2005–2009, the highest suicide rates were among American Indian/Alaskan Native males with 27.61 suicides per 100,000 and Non-Hispanic White males with 25.96 suicides per 100,000. Of all female race/ethnicity groups, the American Indian/Alaskan Natives and Non-Hispanic Whites had the highest rates with 7.87 and 6.71 suicides per 100,000, respectively. The Asian/Pacific Islanders had the lowest suicide rates among males while the Non-Hispanic Blacks had the lowest suicide rate among females.

Rates by Race Ethnicity and Sex 10 and Older|Statistics|Suicide|Violence Prevention|Injury Center|CDC

Last edited:
Why is that? White people have one hell of a problem with drugs, alcohol and domestic abuse but they are always killing themselves or murdering a bunch of people before killing themselves.

They don't. But don't let the facts slow you down.

I doubt we're spending much money trying to figure that one out.

During 2005–2009, the highest suicide rates were among American Indian/Alaskan Native males with 27.61 suicides per 100,000 and Non-Hispanic White males with 25.96 suicides per 100,000. Of all female race/ethnicity groups, the American Indian/Alaskan Natives and Non-Hispanic Whites had the highest rates with 7.87 and 6.71 suicides per 100,000, respectively. The Asian/Pacific Islanders had the lowest suicide rates among males while the Non-Hispanic Blacks had the lowest suicide rate among females.

Rates by Race Ethnicity and Sex 10 and Older|Statistics|Suicide|Violence Prevention|Injury Center|CDC

The CDC has some pretty interesting statistics on Suicide. Women have higher rates of suicide ideation as well as higher rates of suicide attempts.

White men are just good at following though?

They don't. But don't let the facts slow you down.

They dont....what?

You asked "why do whites commit suicide more than others". I answered, they don't.

Yes they do dummy.

RealClearScience - U.S. Homicide & Suicide Rates in Whites & Blacks

deathbyraceUS2010.jpg

Probably has something to do with the perception of whites being more privileged than other races. When we fail we're more likely to blame ourselves.

Are they Republicans or Democrats?

Two thirds of all gun related deaths are suicide. Most of those are in Red States.

Most are white men.

Hmmm,

Guns?

Red Sates?

I suspect most suicides happening in Red States are Republicans.

Two thirds of all gun related deaths are suicide. Most of those are in Red States.

Most are white men.

Hmmm,

Guns?

Red Sates?

good point. It has to be good for the soul to be from a party that wants to help instead of one that is afraid of losing their money.

Last edited:
It seems that having some kind of social safety net can be helpful when people find themselves contemplating something so rash...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU7m894vIhg]Lethal Weapon (4/10) Movie CLIP - Do You Really Wanna Jump? (1987) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Employment also seems to be a deterrent.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVl8tJrSaio]Lethal Weapon - I'm Hungry - YouTube[/ame]

That, and having friends and co-workers you can rely on.

Most are white men.

Hmmm,

Guns?

Red Sates?

good point. It has to be good for the soul to be from a party that wants to help instead of one that is afraid of losing their money.

Their "imagined" money. The rural poor Republican base thinks of themselves as "millionaires currently without funds". They are positive their "ship will come in" and that's why they are desperate to protect the "needy rich". They think they are protecting their "future money".

Forum List

Back