Why do we not withdraw from the U.N.

THe U.S needs to lead a new global organization. The problem is, China in particular focused their efforts to alter the U.N and other global organizations and it has worked. Trying to pry out of the UN will be difficult, they could essentially form a parallel group by invite only and not be shy about it being NOT an Eastern Bloc group. In fact, the more I consider the world today, rolling back the world to a West/East divide might not be a horrible prospect until the East learns to embrace liberty.

The West is losing our Goodwill. An invaluable asset that we seem eager to destroy and water down in order to prop up old, tired Establishment career politicians.

I really enjoy old spy and military stores. Could anyone imagine a French Resistance today? I can't. Liberty may soon be lost if we don't have citizens who understand how precious it is and there is no "my team vs yours" if civil liberty isn't an agreed value. Pretending the U.N represents these ideals just hurts our own credibility. At the very least, truth must be spoken to power.

Last edited:
The problem is that the U.N. often or usually doesn't work.

Membership should be limited to countries that share civilized values, and this is manifestly not the case with the U.N.

Forum List

Back