Why Do the Dem Sponsors of Green New Deal Not Have Solar Panels in Their Houses?

Why does Al Gore live in a big frickin' mansion with thousands of BTUs of heat and A/C pouring out every window and hundreds of lights on day and night while driving a gas hog limo and flying a fuel-spewing private jet all over the world while writing books and lecturing the rest of us on how we must all cut back on our carbon footprints???

al-gore-my-junk-science.jpg

The massive liability of Arsenic and Gallium is in the seven figures at a minimum. If anyone has ever put up a solar panel after consulting with both an attorney and an insurance rep I have never heard of it.
"A non-toxic aerosol of an alloy of toxic Gallium and toxic arsenic is perfectly safe." ain't going to fly.

Gallium and arsenic (or any combinations thereof) are standard necessary doping compounds which go into the making of many semiconductors including photovoltaic and conductive devices.

The massive liability of Arsenic and Gallium is in the seven figures at a minimum. If anyone has ever put up a solar panel after consulting with both an attorney and an insurance rep I have never heard of it.
"A non-toxic aerosol of an alloy of toxic Gallium and toxic arsenic is perfectly safe." ain't going to fly.

Gallium and arsenic (or any combinations thereof) are standard necessary doping compounds which go into the making of many semiconductors including photovoltaic and conductive devices.

And sodium and chlorine are both poisonous but a lack of salt can kill you. And the potential liability of a solar panel is as yet unknown because fuzzybutts or little lady have not yet croaked in the aftermath of a solar panel shattering. Where there is a will there is a lawyer. When somebody loses their 30 year old cat in the aftermath of a shattered panel the home owner has to prove a negative, which is kinda impossible there will be will and lawyers aplenty when that hits the courts.

And sodium and chlorine are both poisonous but a lack of salt can kill you. And the potential liability of a solar panel is as yet unknown because fuzzybutts or little lady have not yet croaked in the aftermath of a solar panel shattering. Where there is a will there is a lawyer. When somebody loses their 30 year old cat in the aftermath of a shattered panel the home owner has to prove a negative, which is kinda impossible there will be will and lawyers aplenty when that hits the courts.

I'm not sure why a solar panel would be considered a danger if broken. The materials mentioned are not loose to blow around or be consumed. They are bound up in a substrate making them merely less electrically resistive than an insulator but more resistive than a conductor. It merely makes the substance both a bad conductor or resistor but photoelectric in that it will produce a current upon sunlight. That substrate is sealed in a clear layer. A rock or something might crack or break a panel interrupting its circuit, but I'm not clear how any toxic agents might be released short of pulverizing the thing to a dust.

Why Do the Dem Sponsors of Green New Deal Not Have Solar Panels in Their Houses?

As one whose current profession has included building solar power systems, I'll give you one good reason why they don't have solar panels in their homes.

Having solar panels IN your home does no good. They need to be outside, in the sunlight.
One thing I don't understand is why solar water heating is no longer subsidized, anyone know why?

As one whose current profession has included building solar power systems, I'll give you one good reason why they don't have solar panels in their homes.

Having solar panels IN your home does no good. They need to be outside, in the sunlight.
One thing I don't understand is why solar water heating is no longer subsidized, anyone know why?

Solar anything is not being subsidized as much as it was. Actually, in most cities solar will not work unless tied into the electric company. Big utilities have clout.

The average millionaire household may use 100 times average. Just giving numbers with nothing to compare them to is kinda dishonest.

The average millionaire household may use 100 times average. Just giving numbers with nothing to compare them to is kinda dishonest.

Well then, thanks for being dishonest...dumbass.

I'm not sure why a solar panel would be considered a danger if broken. The materials mentioned are not loose to blow around or be consumed. They are bound up in a substrate making them merely less electrically resistive than an insulator but more resistive than a conductor. It merely makes the substance both a bad conductor or resistor but photoelectric in that it will produce a current upon sunlight. That substrate is sealed in a clear layer. A rock or something might crack or break a panel interrupting its circuit, but I'm not clear how any toxic agents might be released short of pulverizing the thing to a dust.
. you are not in the hurricane zone I deduce.

Pulverizing to dust is common with hurricanes at least one house in Mexico City in the panhandle had relatively minor problems with a 60 foot deep foundation. If I ever move again I'm going to have a reinforced steel two story Quonset hut. (They're advertised on TV here in north FL) If your house will stay standing in case despite a 5 mega-tonne bomb going off 2-5 miles from you it will probably be more economical to repair than to replace in the aftermath of a hurricane

Solar anything is not being subsidized as much as it was. Actually, in most cities solar will not work unless tied into the electric company. Big utilities have clout.

The issue, there, is that most properties just don't have nearly enough area to collect enough solar energy to meet their needs. It's just not a realistic option for most to depend entirely on solar energy to meet one's electrical needs. The usual arrangement, then, is a grid-tie system, where one collects solar power, and by so doing, reduces the amount of power that one must buy from the utility. In many cases, if, at any given time one is using less energy than one's solar power system is collecting, one “sells” the excess to the utility, to be credited against power that they later use from the utility when their solar power system is collecting less than they need.

If you have enough land, you can set up a truly standalone solar power system. It needs to be big enough, not just to meet your immediate needs while the Sun is shining, but to collect enough excess power during that time, to be stored in batteries, and used when the Sun isn't shining. With that kind of system, you don't need the utility.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back