Why Do Some Liberals Spend More Time On Republican

The OP's premise is false. That any sane person can come to THIS forum and claim that nutters don't spend more time attacking Obama than they do supporting their clowns, is proof that humans can be incredibly obtuse.

candidates or issues, than defending their own? I don't get it. Sure there are the threads about the GSA scandal or some Democrat's son/daughter/dog doing something they shouldn't, but we don't find lots of threads, certainly not multiples warning the left about their issues or candidates.

OTOH we are treated daily to 'advice from the leftists' to the right, pray why should that be taken to heart? Only an idiot would think you are truly working on helping out. So why? These posts result in the most flames and yes, bannings of any. So why?

There is no way to defend their own issues, therefore they have to try to destroy everyone elses arguments in order to further their agenda.

Which one do you prefer? Debate is the same as any game, contest, fist-fight or war, being on the defensive sucks.

There is nothing to be gained from the multitude of posts to what the 'right' should do. It would be non-sensical for me to say team Obama should start taking into account those that assume those on food stamps type programs aren't eating healthy and should have the government find a way to fix it.

Why would 'conservatives' bother themselves with such?

Someone needs to train the right on the art of considering the unintended consequences of their actions.

We've just never seen individual liberty and personal responsibility as a bad consequence to our actions. You'd think that after the 2010 shellacking to the democrats that they would heed your very advice, but I guess they dont have to when they have groups like acorn in their corner.

candidates or issues, than defending their own? I don't get it. Sure there are the threads about the GSA scandal or some Democrat's son/daughter/dog doing something they shouldn't, but we don't find lots of threads, certainly not multiples warning the left about their issues or candidates.

OTOH we are treated daily to 'advice from the leftists' to the right, pray why should that be taken to heart? Only an idiot would think you are truly working on helping out. So why? These posts result in the most flames and yes, bannings of any. So why?

you already did this thread...

it was stupid then.

it's stupid now.

There would be more of that if conservatives would open a damned link and read it every now and then.

Hmm. I think you just unwittingly demonstrated my point.

How is the "left" supposed to defend their "agenda" when every link from any source not part of the right wing blog-o-sphere is rejected out-of-hand? Why should anyone waste time trying educate people who do not want to be educated? The right insists on their own set of facts and are remarkably resistant even when their urban myths are proven false time after time.

I'd like to know what has been proven false. I would love to debate it.

The OP's premise is false. That any sane person can come to THIS forum and claim that nutters don't spend more time attacking Obama than they do supporting their clowns, is proof that humans can be incredibly obtuse.

The issue for this election year IS Obama, In case you have not noticed, we have a presidential election coming up, and this president has failed miserably, and we aim to make that very well known. You do not have to like it, but if you voted for him you will just have to deal with it. As far as the rest of the GOP field goes, they can handle their own.
You see, the bottom line here is that the left does not want the focus to be on Obama right now, they are pulling out all the stops to distract from him, and it is not working.

This whole topic seems like nothing more than mental masturbation to me. Ideologues are hilarious in the way they're completely unwilling to take even a moment to apply the Shoe On The Other Foot Test: "Couldn't essentially the same thing be said about MY side?" -- if they were to honestly do that, 90% of the political bullshit we're subjected to would immediately vanish.

I agree with occupied, above: "Everyone prefers attack mode to being on the defensive, doesn't matter what party you belong to." And to do that requires spin, diversion, distortion, hyperbole and denial. In other words, dishonesty.

There would be more of that if conservatives would open a damned link and read it every now and then.

Hmm. I think you just unwittingly demonstrated my point.

How is the "left" supposed to defend their "agenda" when every link from any source not part of the right wing blog-o-sphere is rejected out-of-hand? Why should anyone waste time trying educate people who do not want to be educated? The right insists on their own set of facts and are remarkably resistant even when their urban myths are proven false time after time.

Have you taken a college economics course? Everything the Democrats do resolutely goes against sound economics. So perhaps you should rethink your so-called education agenda.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Matthew 7:3

Why Do Some Liberals Spend More Time On Republican

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

candidates

Good question. Why does the leading republican candidate for President spend ALL his time running down the current President instead of explaining just what he plans to do if elected?

And on a message board there is no desire or reason to be reasonable. This format is designed not to resolve differences or help understand others positions. It is designed for conflict. And insults. And it works very well for that. Because you can't shoot anyone of get in a fist fight.

If you are looking for knowledge, try Books and Co.

Obama Isn't Working

they can't defend it

There is no way to defend their own issues, therefore they have to try to destroy everyone elses arguments in order to further their agenda.

This seems the most likely explanation. They attack the 'weakest links' aka Palin, talk show personalities, etc., in thread after thread. Why asked in those threads or others about ideas, legislation, etc., they revert to personalities. Don't they have ideas? Don't they support candidates with ideas? LOL! Right now Obama is in a fix, his two key 'achievements': healthcare and nixing the Keystone Pipeline are in serious likelihood of being undone. I feel their pain, was their in the last 2 years of GW presidency and it wasn't easy.

If you didn't put your weakest links in positions of prominence..........we'd not pay them any mind at all. Your entire premise is false as is the "most likely explanation" that you have settled on.

Forum List

Back