Why Do So Many Whites, Especially RW Whites Equate

Seriously Marc??
This whole Trayvon thing has shown me who you really are.
A racist.
Why? Because you made about a hundred threads on it but I am more than willing to bet it would never occur to you to make a thread about blacks killing blacks, you wouldn't dream about getting all fired up about a black killing a white.
And this makes you a racist.
WTF.com!?!?!?!

Where are YOUR threads about whites killing whites?

Are black people the ONLY people in America doing all the killing and/or crimes here?

Snap out of it dude....seriously.

The fact that I don't make threads about any particular race killing a race is because I am not racist.
And as I have said 1000 times here and abroad - perceived racism is doing more harm to the black race today than real racism did 50 years ago.
White on Black real racism has all but disappeared in this nation, but it has been more than replaced with perceived racism.
It is the scapegoat used on a regular basis for blacks to excuse their behavior.
That's what I thought.

Can you answer the last few questions of my OP there buddy?

Thanks.

WHAT HAPPENED TO HER NEIGHBORHOOD ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ap5GRopHs&feature=related]Marabel Chanin-the begining - YouTube[/ame]

Pointing out racism or perceived racism, as something that's racist and offensive in and of itself?

Especially being that, often times, these same folks also tend to have very tepid responses to actual racist acts.

What is racist in your eyes?

When is it OK to talk about racism?

When is OK to speak out and/or be outraged about racism?

Does someone have to have a sign on their back and a KKK uniform on for you to begin to say or see that is wrong?

I'd really like to know here, because this stuff is getting ridiculous now.

A lot of your threads seem to be about race.
This thread is not about me.

Try answering the bolded questions.

I'd really like to know.
It's okay to be outraged about racism when it's really racism.

When it's a spurious charge leveled because you don't like what somebody says and you're attempting to shame him into silence so you can declare victory -- it's not okay.

And do me a favor: Don't insist that never happens. It's the idiots who have done so continually for years that have made the word meaningless.

WTF.com!?!?!?!

Where are YOUR threads about whites killing whites?

Are black people the ONLY people in America doing all the killing and/or crimes here?

Snap out of it dude....seriously.

The fact that I don't make threads about any particular race killing a race is because I am not racist.
And as I have said 1000 times here and abroad - perceived racism is doing more harm to the black race today than real racism did 50 years ago.
White on Black real racism has all but disappeared in this nation, but it has been more than replaced with perceived racism.
It is the scapegoat used on a regular basis for blacks to excuse their behavior.
That's what I thought.

Thanks.
Tavis Smiley on BET some time ago in an argument with Larry Elder said something so incredibly stupid...but it is more than that. It is the fact that an otherwise intelligent, educated and successful man actually believed what he said to be legitimate.
Here it is... "King said racism is prejudice plus power"...he then went on to say this over-the-top dumb-headed point "therefore since black people are powerless for the most part, and since they don't have power...they don't have the power to be racist. (so therefore black people can't be racist)

This is a prevailing feeling among many blacks, their dislike for whites is somehow OK and isn't racism. Which is of course ridiculous.

Pointing out racism or perceived racism, as something that's racist and offensive in and of itself?

Especially being that, often times, these same folks also tend to have very tepid responses to actual racist acts.

Does someone have to have a sign on their back and a KKK uniform on for you to begin to say or see that is wrong?

I'd really like to know.

Ok Marc, I'll try to take this one on. First of all though, let's acknowledge there's been race baiting on BOTH sides of this particular issue, so let's keep that in mind. Let's also accept that the word "racism" gets thrown around rather carelessly at times. That's partly politics, and partly because we DO have a residue of racism left over from the no-so-distant past.

It's been said that Whites often don't see racism where it is, and Blacks often see racism where it isn't. There's more than a little truth to that, on both sides, and that's OK, because it's a very human reaction. Nothing's universal, but the more you've seen racism directed at you, the more sensitized you become to it.

The uproar here and elsewhere is sufficient evidence that we DON'T live in a "post racial society"; not yet, so let's be honest and say that race still matters (whether it should or not) and go from there. The question here becomes, how do we address the problem in a civil manner?

There's little point in yelling accusations and counter accusations at each other. When we do that, both sides get angry and/or defensive, and all we do is generate more heat than light. On the other hand we don't want to sweep the problem under the rug, as that also accomplishes nothing. What we need to do, is to discuss the subject in a more open-ended fashion. Instead of flat -out accusation and denial, how about we start the conversation with something more like, "I FEEL that this situation is racist because..... or "I THINK this in not racist, because..." . May not sound like much of a difference, but that's less threatening and confrontational; it dials the tone and the volume down a bit, on an emotional issue, and that's a good thing. Another thing is to try not to be so dismissive of each other. Hear the other guy out; there's little that can be lost by that. NO point in generating ill will without necessity. Let's try to listen, and be clear on what the other person actually said, not what we ASSUME he said-there's often a difference; if we're not sure what was meant, we need to ask-civilly and politely. If we can do even that much; if more of us would be willing to try that-to discuss, rather than accuse or blame, to think, rather than just emote, to listen, rather than dismiss, we might actually find common ground; who knows, we might even build some trust. That's how this will eventually be put behind us. As long as we start out assuming the other guy has bad intentions to begin with , we'll never get anywhere, really, no matter how much mud we sling at each other, and that's the plain truth. We can avoid a lot of hate that arises from miscommunication and misperceptions. Let's cut the problem down to size, not feed its growth.

good question... but it could easily be turned back and thrown in the faces of your lefty friends...

not really... the right has always been very adept at taking their own negative traits and attributing them to their adversaries. it's a way of muddying the water and deflecting.

it is not racist to point out racism. racist whites have been trying to twist things that way since the 50's.

It's always ok to talk about racism. What's not ok is to assume racism in a particular situation without any actual proof of the racism. This is exactly what's going on in the Zimmerman case.

That act of hating an entire race or an individual of a differing race for the simple fact that they aren't of your own race.

Pretty much any time and any where... when it's appropriate to do so. Same with politics and religion.

When you're deservedly outraged. And by deservedly, I mean with logic and reason.

So there you have it. I figured I'd get that out of the way before recounting some pretty cool experiences which may or may not have any bearing on this thread LOL.

Two of my best friends in college were the guys in the dorm room next door. I met them when they came knocking on our door asking for rolling papers. I'm like "what makes you think we even smoke?" He said dude- we smell it all the time. :lol:
So there began a years long friendship with a couple of very cool people. We talked quite frankly about race and race relations. This was the 70's mind you. I learned a lot from those guys and their friends and I hope that they learned something from me.

A group of us went to the college basketball game once. During the National Anthem, my black friends remained seated chanting "not 'till we're free". My roommate and I stood in respect. We didn't talk about it afterwards because we didn't need to. We understood each other and had a mutual respect in such matters. Another time we got together, smoked a bunch of weed, and watched a documentary on the KKK, the Old South, Racism, etc. Sure I was uncomfortable, but we had a frank and honest discussion about it. It was all cool.

My fraternity had one black member- probably the first ever for our chapter. He asked me to be his Big Brother and I said of course. Anyway- he fell behind in his dues and didn't come to the meeting so our bylaws dictated that we have a formal hearing. He asked me to represent him at this hearing. Well, he never showed up for that either. But I got up there and defended him, asked that he be given another chance, and in so many words accused my own fraternity brothers of racism. Well, they kicked him out. Afterwards a couple of guys came up to me and said I did a good job and they admired me for standing up for the black fraternity member.

Ah- here's another. After college... I was at a bar with a couple of friends (one black). We were real stoned and having a couple of beers in a crowded college bar down in Knoxville.
Knoxville, TN in the 70's. There were quite a few jocks staring us down, especially the "darkie". I had my beer bottle in hand, ready to bust some heads if they gave my friend any shit. We decided it was best to make a hasty exit LOL.

Just rambling... I would not hesitate to go to bat for a good person and friend no mater what their ethnicity.
Sure there are blacks that I hate. Like the one that beat my brother near dead several years ago. He was a bad person.

Maybe more later when I get good and likkered up. :D

That act of hating an entire race or an individual of a differing race for the simple fact that they aren't of your own race.

WHAT CAUSES ( PEOPLE TO NOTICE DIFFERENCES ) INDIANS ARE RED ? CHINESE ARE YELLOW ? DO POLICE PROFILE EITHER OF THEM ?

PEOPLE ASSOCIATE CRIME VIOLENCE AND DRUGS WITH BLACKS ?

ARE ALL BLACKS CRIMINALS ? ( NO )

ARE MANY CRIMINALS BLACK ? ( YES )

WHEN THE NEWS COMES ON AND YOU HEAR THE DAILY GANG BANG , CAR JACKING , HOME INVASION , CRACK DEAL GONE BAD , GANG RAPE ON A 12 YEAR OLD ?

WHO COMES TO MIND ? GREEKS ? POLISH ? VIETNAMESE ? INDIANS ? AMISH ? FRENCH ? GERMAN ? ITALIAN ? SPANISH ? CHINESE ?

BLACKS COLLECTIVE DO MORE CRIME THAN ANY OTHER GROUP !
THAT IS WHY ALL 10 OF THE HIGHEST CRIME AND MOST DANGEROUS CITIES IN AMERICA ARE ( ALL 10 ) ( BLACK MAJORITY )

LIBERALS WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE THIS IS COINCIDENCE ?

COMMON SENSE TELLS YOU ELSE WISE

That's what I thought.

Thanks.
Tavis Smiley on BET some time ago in an argument with Larry Elder said something so incredibly stupid...but it is more than that. It is the fact that an otherwise intelligent, educated and successful man actually believed what he said to be legitimate.
Here it is... "King said racism is prejudice plus power"...he then went on to say this over-the-top dumb-headed point "therefore since black people are powerless for the most part, and since they don't have power...they don't have the power to be racist. (so therefore black people can't be racist)

This is a prevailing feeling among many blacks, their dislike for whites is somehow OK and isn't racism. Which is of course ridiculous.
Thanks for that response, but you still haven't answered the OP question(s) though.
I'd like you to if at all possible.

I'd really like to know.
It's okay to be outraged about racism when it's really racism.

When it's a spurious charge leveled because you don't like what somebody says and you're attempting to shame him into silence so you can declare victory -- it's not okay.

And do me a favor: Don't insist that never happens. It's the idiots who have done so continually for years that have made the word meaningless.
I never insist that that never happens.

However, it seems that you and others of your ideology are of the belief that racism never happens.

What I'm looking from really, from you guys are instances of when it's a valid claim.

Not anything that actually happened per say, but more like what type of things need to happen for you to find it a valid racist claim.

Considering America's history, isn't it better to err on the side of caution, that is considering your belief that there's just too much false claims of racism.

You guys claimed that you were SEVERELY offended by Obama's "guns and religion" remark, although it clearly has truth to it, but that's what you claimed and you want people to respect your offence and act accordingly.

Somehow that doesn't get reciprocated.

I think there's a lot of white guilt that drives many whites to this instinctive vitriolic defensive and reflexive response to the mere mention of race.

Do you think there's any truth to that?

NAACP ,

MISS BLACK AMERICA

BLACK ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL
UNITED NEGROE COLLEGE FUND,

AOL BLACK VOICES
MISS BLACK AMERICA,
JET MAGAZINE , B.E.T. ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL
Acapulco Black Film Festival
American Association of Blacks in Energy
Black Women's Network
Congress of National Black Churches
Harvard Black Law Students Association
International Black Women's Congress
Nat'l. African American Speakers Association
Nat'l. Assn. of African American Studies
Nat'l. Assn. of Black Journalists
Nat'l. Assn. of Black Women Entrepreneurs
Nat'l. Black Child Development Institute
Nat'l. Org. of Black Law Enforcement Execs.
Professional Women of Color
The Organization of Black Airline Pilots Inc
Nat'l. Coalition-Blacks for Reparations in Am
Nat'l. Black Police Association Inc.
Nat'l. Black Caucus - Local Elected Officials
Nat'l. Assn. of Black-Owned Broadcasters Inc.
Nat'l. Assn. of Black Social Workers
Nat'l. Assn. of Black College Broadcasters
International Black Women's Congress

African American Message Boards at Blackrefer.com
Every. single. last. one of those organizations were created as a result of America's racist past. They began during the era of segregation.

Although segregation is no longer the case in this country, the ramifications of it still are alive and well.

Do you disagree with that?

I wouldn't bother talking to that clown, he's a racist troll.

you noticed that, too, huh?

Racism was alive and well 500 years ago and will be alive and well for the foreseeable future, it's how you deal with it that counts...

I can only speak for myself, but it is probably a safe bet that most of white Conservative America is tired of the Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Shelia Jackson Lee and Maxine Waters screaming racism every single time they see fit...

What's amazing is these individuals and the agenda they promote continues to get air time and in regards to Trayvon Martin it's purely political in a year our first Black POTUS is up for re-election...

If it is proven George Zimmerman is guilty, what does that mean when it comes to racism? Zimmerman clearly uttered "f***ing coons", so tell me, do you believe Jackson, Sharpton, Lee or Waters has never used the "f***ing cracker" remark, how about you?

We are all guilty of using racial slurs, if you deny it, you're a liar...

It's time that Black Leaders quit using the racial card...

Trayvon Martin's death is senseless, tragic and sad...

And if George Zimmerman is guilty of murder, our justice system needs to make certain he receives the proper punishment...

And if he is found to be acting in self defense, everyone that screamed racism needs to realize there is a different problem to deal with...

ZIMMERMAN; MORE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS.

How was is possible for Trayvon, a 140lb weakling, to restrain both of Zimmerman’s, 200 lbs, hands and keep them restrained while banging his head against the sidewalk and grass stains on the back of his shirt? But he was able to unstraped his gun and shoot Trayvon as his arms had been restrained.
If there were lacerations on the back of his head there would be lots of blood on his shirt and the side walk and there would have been a concussion. No blood and no dressing on the back of his head less than an hour later when taken into police station and officers did not have gloves on. Who made the assessment that cuts on the back of his head due to being banged against the side walk did not need stitches or was not a concussion and was already healing?
Zimmerman had a broken nose the “next day" when he went into ER? Who broke his nose? Possible Zimmerman himself.

“When you tell one lie”
When you tell one lie, it leads to another
So you tell two lies to cover each other
Then you tell three lies and, oh brother
You’re in trouble up to your ears!
So you tell four lies to try to protect you
Then you tell five lies so folks won’t suspect you
Then you tell six lies and you’ll collect
A life filled with worries and fears
‘Cause you can’t remember how many lies you’ve told
And half the things you say aren’t true
And sometime you’ll slip up, you’ll trip up and then
Whatever will become of you?
So you lie and lie without even trying
And each lie you tell will keep multiplying
‘Till the whole wide world will know you’re lying
Then you’ll be
Suspected
Detected
Rejected
Neglected
Disliked
And you should!
When you lie, you’re closing the door
On everything good
Inert Ramblings | When You Tell One Lie

Racism was alive and well 500 years ago and will be alive and well for the foreseeable future, it's how you deal with it that counts...

I can only speak for myself, but it is probably a safe bet that most of white Conservative America is tired of the Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Shelia Jackson Lee and Maxine Waters screaming racism every single time they see fit...

What's amazing is these individuals and the agenda they promote continues to get air time and in regards to Trayvon Martin it's purely political in a year our first Black POTUS is up for re-election...

If it is proven George Zimmerman is guilty, what does that mean when it comes to racism? Zimmerman clearly uttered "f***ing coons", so tell me, do you believe Jackson, Sharpton, Lee or Waters has never used the "f***ing cracker" remark, how about you?

And if George Zimmerman is guilty of murder, our justice system needs to make certain he receives the proper punishment...

And if he is found to be acting in self defense, everyone that screamed racism needs to realize there is a different problem to deal with...

Zimmerman used the racist card when he stalked, shot and killed a defenseless child just because he was black.

We have had racism since Moses's sister complained because he married out of his race and religion and it will be here at the end of days. Racism in inborn and it there is no treatment for it.

Last edited:

Zimmerman used the racist card when he shot and killed a defenseless child just because he was black.

He may have, if he did and it can be proven, let the judicial system work, anything else is pure hate...

This is clearly bout race and it is seem by people of all races, nationalities and religions. No race card is being played by anyone.

This is clearly bout race and it is seem by people of all races, nationalities and religions. No race card is being played by anyone.
Shut the hell up, you dried up old hag. You can't even keep your argument straight from one sentence to the next.

Forum List

Back