Why do so many self-professed believers despise Reason?

One more example of why I support forced castration of imbeciles. :eusa_whistle:

Being the statist you are, rest assured I'll never doubt you approving of any over reaching thing gov't can do.

You mock christians when you speak in even more glowing terms of Obama than they do of Jesus. Your faith is as strong as any religious fundamentalist I've ever spoken to. Oh and btw I'm an atheist myself.

Obama? I think he is a middle of the road pragmatist with liberal and progressive leanings. Of course I mock the proselytizers of religion and Obama.

but ... you're too stuck on stupid to see clearly

So your inability to convey your point of view to others means they are stupid?

Believe that if you want. But I dont think it will get you far.

Being the statist you are, rest assured I'll never doubt you approving of any over reaching thing gov't can do.

You mock christians when you speak in even more glowing terms of Obama than they do of Jesus. Your faith is as strong as any religious fundamentalist I've ever spoken to. Oh and btw I'm an atheist myself.

Obama? I think he is a middle of the road pragmatist with liberal and progressive leanings. Of course I mock the proselytizers of religion and Obama.

Fair enough, like I said maybe I'm just on the wrong threads.

Can I get a link to the thread of you mocking Obama?

ask the progressives here who have suffered Dante's slings and arrows and sledge hammer approach to what he views as idiocy.

:eek:

ask the progressives here who have suffered Dante's slings and arrows and sledge hammer approach to what he views as idiocy.

No I'd rather not. I think the best way to get Dante's word is from Dante, so by all means point me towards the thread of you mocking Obama. Any subject or issue will work.

since no one on either side of the aisle has suffered from any of that, who exactly do you expect us to ask?

Maybe I just haven't been in the right threads, but I've seen christians and other religious people question god, has anyone ever seen Dante question anything Obama does?

yep. Dante fought for three years with people who praised Obama for walking on water, but it's election time and we have to pick.

and Obama has been on the right side of (liberal) a few issues recently, issues that make America a better place than when he and I entered it.

praise goes where it deserves.

:cool:

name one, por favor

an example: Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, said vandals had shredded and ripped down the banner her group had hung at the park in December. The banner began: "At this season of the winter solstice, may reason prevail."

Since when is having a skull full of shit evidence of having reason? The Jewish/Atheist religion is built on hatred of God, or at least hatred of the belief in God. You forget to mention the part of the sign that attacked theism. If this sign were intended as anything other than an attack on Christianity, liberals would be lining up to call it hate.

Maybe I just haven't been in the right threads, but I've seen christians and other religious people question god, has anyone ever seen Dante question anything Obama does?

yep. Dante fought for three years with people who praised Obama for walking on water, but it's election time and we have to pick.

and Obama has been on the right side of (liberal) a few issues recently, issues that make America a better place than when he and I entered it.

praise goes where it deserves.

:cool:

name one, por favor

Immigration?

No I'd rather not. I think the best way to get Dante's word is from Dante, so by all means point me towards the thread of you mocking Obama. Any subject or issue will work.
You will not find hate and paranoia if that is what you call criticism, but Dante was well known for attacks on Obama's inexperience and more during the 2008 primary and general.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...r-why-i-support-the-man-i-didnt-vote-4-a.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/131832-why-im-not-a-democrat.html

We have Freedom OF Religion NOT Freedom FROM Religion.

From the FFF website:
About the Foundation FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
The purposes of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, Inc., as stated in its bylaws, are to promote the constitutional principle of separation of state and church...
The phrase "separation of church and state" does not appear in the Constitution.

But...what if someone's religion is to be free FROM religion....are you going to deny them THEIR freedom of religion? :tongue:

an example: Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, said vandals had shredded and ripped down the banner her group had hung at the park in December. The banner began: "At this season of the winter solstice, may reason prevail."

Don't think all believers despise reason; just that they listen to God first for reason, not man, since man's reason is flawed. We all fall short.

Isaiah 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Don't think all believers despise reason; just that they listen to God first for reason, not man, since man's reason is flawed. We all fall short.

:clap2: :eusa_whistle:

Why do so many illogical and arrogant people presume their thought process has anything to do with reason?

Why do you arrogantly presume it doesn't? Faith is illogical. If it were supported by evidence, it would not be faith.

There is nothing illogical about faith.

By definition, faith is illogical.

Here is why:

Faith = set of ideas which are beliefs

Belief = idea assumed to be true without objective proof (thus is necessarily subjective)

Logic = a particular system or codification of the principles of objective proof and inference

Saying something is illogical does not necessarily equate to it being a bad thing. I have faith in a god, but I know there is nothing logical about my faith............because it is a faith.

Last edited:
Why do you arrogantly presume it doesn't? Faith is illogical. If it were supported by evidence, it would not be faith.

There is nothing illogical about faith.

By definition, faith is illogical.

Here is why:

Faith = set of ideas which are beliefs

Belief = idea assumed to be true without objective proof (thus is necessarily subjective)

Logic = a particular system or codification of the principles of objective proof and inference

Saying something is illogical does not necessarily equate to it being a bad thing. I have faith in a god, but I know there is nothing logical about my faith............because it is a faith.

faith in superior beings? a flaw in human evolution

Again, when you have an experience with the divine, How is it logical to pretend that you havent?

I have had experiences with the divine, both, good and bad. What I came to relize is that the Bible is paper and is inconsistant with the true nature of what God wants and does not want.

You will not find hate and paranoia if that is what you call criticism, but Dante was well known for attacks on Obama's inexperience and more during the 2008 primary and general.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...r-why-i-support-the-man-i-didnt-vote-4-a.html

Well there certainly wasn't any mocking of Obama as you claimed. The 2nd thread didn't even include the name Obama so I'll deal with the first thread.

This is as "harsh" as it got;

"I criticized Obama's lack of, or style of, leadership during the health care debate, but let us all be honest: Obama has shown great leadership in trouble times."

You said he didn't sound good in a debate (which is about as harsh of criticism as saying someone doesn't tie their shoelaces tight enough), then you provided him with an enormous compliment.

And all this happened 2 years ago, I repeat and reiterate, if you get to a point where you question anything Obama says or does let's say once every 100 posts you'll be making a HUGE positive step.

Again, when you have an experience with the divine, How is it logical to pretend that you havent?

Every seperate belief in the supernatural (and we'll include advance alien technology and advance time travel technology) has people claiming experience/interaction.

Since many of these different experiences/beliefs are contradictory and mutually exclusive, many or most must be false if any other is true.

Assuming sincerity of belief for any individual experience (unless we have objective evidence of deception/insincerity) we must also assume that many experiences were misinterpreted or mistaken.

Lacking any non-biased method of evaluating conflicting claims of "the Divine" we must then allow that our own personal experiences, no matter how convincing to us, may also be in error or due to some natural cause.

Therefore, it is is not reasonable to view any particular perceived experience with the "Divine" as strictly factual rather than being a matter of Faith and personal, not objective, belief and interpretation.

Well there certainly wasn't any mocking of Obama as you claimed. The 2nd thread didn't even include the name Obama so I'll deal with the first thread.

This is as "harsh" as it got;

"I criticized Obama's lack of, or style of, leadership during the health care debate, but let us all be honest: Obama has shown great leadership in trouble times."

You said he didn't sound good in a debate (which is about as harsh of criticism as saying someone doesn't tie their shoelaces tight enough), then you provided him with an enormous compliment.

And all this happened 2 years ago, I repeat and reiterate, if you get to a point where you question anything Obama says or does let's say once every 100 posts you'll be making a HUGE positive step.

WRONG!!!
:lmao:

Post #18: Dante in his own words: "Obama? I think he is a middle of the road pragmatist with liberal and progressive leanings. Of course I mock the proselytizers of religion and Obama."

Post #19: Dr.Drock: "Can I get a link to the thread of you mocking Obama?"

Post #20: Dante in his own words: "yep. Dante fought for three years with people who praised Obama for walking on water, but it's election time and we have to pick."

I mock the proselytizers of religion and Obama. I mock the proselytizers of religion, and Obama. :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back