Why do Republicans support a nuclear Iran?

Staying the course and maintaining existing sanctions will result in Iran having the capability to produce eight nuclear weapons within six months

Under the new agreement, Iran would not have the ability to produce one warhead in the next ten years

Is Republican hatred of Obama so great that they would rather have a nuclear Iran than for Obama to get credit for disarming them?

Like you, the man is a proven liar.....

Are you claiming that he is not endorsing a nuclear powered Iran?

Better read this:

Here are some of his statements on the subject, going back to his first campaign for the presidency:

June 5, 2008, in Cairo: "I will continue to be clear on the fact that an Iranian nuclear weapon would be profoundly destabilizing for the entire region.It is strongly in America's interest to prevent such a scenario."

June 8, 2008, to AIPAC: "The danger from Iran is grave, it is real, and my goal will be to eliminate this threat.... Finally, let there be no doubt: I will always keep the threat of military action on the table to defend our security and our ally Israel."

October 7 2008, in the second presidential debate: "We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. It would be a game-changer in the region. Not only would it threaten Israel, our strongest ally in the region and one of our strongest allies in the world, but it would also create a possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. And so it's unacceptable. And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table,"

November 7, 2008, press conference: "Iran's development of a nuclear weapon, I believe, is unacceptable. And we have to mount an international effort to prevent that from happening."

February 27, 2009, speech at Camp Lejeune: "(W)e are focusing on al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan; developing a strategy to use all elements of American power to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon; and actively seeking a lasting peace between Israel and the Arab world."

January 27, 2010, State of the Union address: "And as Iran's leaders continue to ignore their obligations, there should be no doubt: They, too, will face growing consequences. That is a promise."

July 1, /2010, at the signing of the Iran Sanctions Act: "There should be no doubt -- the United States and the international community are determined to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons."

May 19, 2011, speech on the Middle East: "Now, our opposition to Iran's intolerance and Iran's repressive measures, as well as its illicit nuclear program and its support of terror, is well known."

May 22, 2011, in an address to AIPAC: "You also see our commitment to our shared security in our determination to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.... So let me be absolutely clear -- we remain committed to preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons."

October 13,2011, press conference after meeting with South Korean president:"Now, we don't take any options off the table in terms of how we operate with Iran."

November 14, 2011, press conference: "So what I did was to speak with President Medvedev, as well as President Hu, and all three of us entirely agree on the objective, which is making sure that Iran does not weaponize nuclear power and that we don't trigger a nuclear arms race in the region. That's in the interests of all of us... I have said repeatedly and I will say it today, we are not taking any options off the table, because it's my firm belief that an Iran with a nuclear weapon would pose a security threat not only to the region but also to the United States."

December 8, 2011, press conference: (In response to question about pressuring Iran): "No options off the table means I'm considering all options."

December 16, 2011, speech to the General Assembly of the Union for Reform Judaism: "Another grave concern -- and a threat to the security of Israel, the United States and the world -- is Iran's nuclear program. And that's why our policy has been absolutely clear: We are determined to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons...and that's why, rest assured, we will take no options off the table. We have been clear."

January 24, 2012, State of the Union address: "Let there be no doubt: America is determined to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, and I will take no options off the table to achieve that goal."

March 2, 2012, interview with Goldblog: "I... don't, as a matter of sound policy, go around advertising exactly what our intentions are. But I think both the Iranian and the Israeli governments recognize that when the United States says it is unacceptable for Iran to have a nuclear weapon, we mean what we say."

March 4, 2012, speech to AIPAC: "I have said that when it comes to preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, I will take no options off the table, and I mean what I say That includes all elements of American power: A political effort aimed at isolating Iran; a diplomatic effort to sustain our coalition and ensure that the Iranian program is monitored; an economic effort that imposes crippling sanctions; and, yes, a military effort to be prepared for any contingency."

March 5, 2012, remarks after meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu: "... I reserve all options, and my policy here is not going to be one of containment. My policy is prevention of Iran obtaining nuclear weapons. And as I indicated yesterday in my speech, when I say all options are at the table, I mean it."

March 6, 2012, press conference: "And what I have said is, is that we will not countenance Iran getting a nuclear weapon. My policy is not containment; my policy is to prevent them from getting a nuclear weapon -- because if they get a nuclear weapon that could trigger an arms race in the region, it would undermine our non-proliferation goals, it could potentially fall into the hands of terrorists.

March 14, 2012, remarks after meeting with David Cameron: "...And as I said in a speech just a couple of weeks ago, I am determined not simply to contain Iran that is in possession of a nuclear weapon; I am determined to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon -- in part for the reasons that David mentioned... We will do everything we can to resolve this diplomatically, but ultimately, we've got to have somebody on the other side of the table who's taking this seriously."

September 25, 2012, speech to the United Nations General Assembly: "Make no mistake: A nuclear-armed Iran is not a challenge that can be contained...the United States will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon."

Obama s Crystal-Clear Promise to Stop Iran From Getting a Nuclear Weapon - The Atlantic
Cut and paste again?

Color me surprised

Iran has the stockpiles now, Republicans want them to keep them

Thank you!
You've provided a perfect example of a lying-Liberal's post.

1. As you know, 'copy and paste' is a way of presenting information. As it provides links/sources/quotes, it is virtually unassailable.

As a result....cowards like you who would love to refute it......cannot.....so you scream 'cut and paste.'

2. As you are as much a liar as your icon you are chagrined and embarrassed by my post, as it shows his repeated lies...and you have no way to deny same.

This->

June 5, 2008, in Cairo: "I will continue to be clear on the fact that an Iranian nuclear weapon would be profoundly destabilizing for the entire region.It is strongly in America's interest to prevent such a scenario."

June 8, 2008, to AIPAC: "The danger from Iran is grave, it is real, and my goal will be to eliminate this threat.... Finally, let there be no doubt: I will always keep the threat of military action on the table to defend our security and our ally Israel."

October 7 2008, in the second presidential debate: "We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. It would be a game-changer in the region. Not only would it threaten Israel, our strongest ally in the region and one of our strongest allies in the world, but it would also create a possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. And so it's unacceptable. And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table,"

November 7, 2008, press conference: "Iran's development of a nuclear weapon, I believe, is unacceptable. And we have to mount an international effort to prevent that from happening."

February 27, 2009, speech at Camp Lejeune: "(W)e are focusing on al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan; developing a strategy to use all elements of American power to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon; and actively seeking a lasting peace between Israel and the Arab world."

January 27, 2010, State of the Union address: "And as Iran's leaders continue to ignore their obligations, there should be no doubt: They, too, will face growing consequences. That is a promise."

July 1, /2010, at the signing of the Iran Sanctions Act: "There should be no doubt -- the United States and the international community are determined to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons."

May 19, 2011, speech on the Middle East: "Now, our opposition to Iran's intolerance and Iran's repressive measures, as well as its illicit nuclear program and its support of terror, is well known."

May 22, 2011, in an address to AIPAC: "You also see our commitment to our shared security in our determination to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.... So let me be absolutely clear -- we remain committed to preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons."

October 13,2011, press conference after meeting with South Korean president:"Now, we don't take any options off the table in terms of how we operate with Iran."

November 14, 2011, press conference: "So what I did was to speak with President Medvedev, as well as President Hu, and all three of us entirely agree on the objective, which is making sure that Iran does not weaponize nuclear power and that we don't trigger a nuclear arms race in the region. That's in the interests of all of us... I have said repeatedly and I will say it today, we are not taking any options off the table, because it's my firm belief that an Iran with a nuclear weapon would pose a security threat not only to the region but also to the United States."

December 8, 2011, press conference: (In response to question about pressuring Iran): "No options off the table means I'm considering all options."

December 16, 2011, speech to the General Assembly of the Union for Reform Judaism: "Another grave concern -- and a threat to the security of Israel, the United States and the world -- is Iran's nuclear program. And that's why our policy has been absolutely clear: We are determined to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons...and that's why, rest assured, we will take no options off the table. We have been clear."

January 24, 2012, State of the Union address: "Let there be no doubt: America is determined to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, and I will take no options off the table to achieve that goal."

March 2, 2012, interview with Goldblog: "I... don't, as a matter of sound policy, go around advertising exactly what our intentions are. But I think both the Iranian and the Israeli governments recognize that when the United States says it is unacceptable for Iran to have a nuclear weapon, we mean what we say."

March 4, 2012, speech to AIPAC: "I have said that when it comes to preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, I will take no options off the table, and I mean what I say That includes all elements of American power: A political effort aimed at isolating Iran; a diplomatic effort to sustain our coalition and ensure that the Iranian program is monitored; an economic effort that imposes crippling sanctions; and, yes, a military effort to be prepared for any contingency."

March 5, 2012, remarks after meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu: "... I reserve all options, and my policy here is not going to be one of containment. My policy is prevention of Iran obtaining nuclear weapons. And as I indicated yesterday in my speech, when I say all options are at the table, I mean it."

March 6, 2012, press conference: "And what I have said is, is that we will not countenance Iran getting a nuclear weapon. My policy is not containment; my policy is to prevent them from getting a nuclear weapon -- because if they get a nuclear weapon that could trigger an arms race in the region, it would undermine our non-proliferation goals, it could potentially fall into the hands of terrorists.

March 14, 2012, remarks after meeting with David Cameron: "...And as I said in a speech just a couple of weeks ago, I am determined not simply to contain Iran that is in possession of a nuclear weapon; I am determined to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon -- in part for the reasons that David mentioned... We will do everything we can to resolve this diplomatically, but ultimately, we've got to have somebody on the other side of the table who's taking this seriously."

September 25, 2012, speech to the United Nations General Assembly: "Make no mistake: A nuclear-armed Iran is not a challenge that can be contained...the United States will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon."

Obama s Crystal-Clear Promise to Stop Iran From Getting a Nuclear Weapon - The Atlantic

In your face, boyyyeeeeeee!!!
what do you think you are proving by posting those quotes? the deal negotiated prevents the building of a nuclear weapon.

do you want iran to have a nuclear weapon?

Last edited:
Republicans are conveniently forgetting that their one and only Ronnie God, the Great Rectum sold weapons to Iran, Illeally through Israel. When Netanyahu bitches about a Nuclear Armed Iran, he continues to fail to mention Israel had no problem selling Weapons to Iran in the 1980's. Now mind, the great conumer of Jelly Bellies also was selling weapons of Saddam Hussein, the Rectum God was great at playing both ends against the middle.

The Republican's only want war with Iran. They actually believe that the Russian Federation will sit by and zip, zero, nothing, nada and none when the U.S. Invades a country (Iran) that it shares a long and common border with.

Last edited:
snapshot11.png

Iran was brought to the table by Obama and the former Deserter-In-Chief and his lying, low life, scum sucking draft dodger buddy.

Your tired of your buddies dying for Americans who speed. I am sick and fucking tired of endless war the ConJobs, NeoNuts, RePugs and TeaHadists want.
If you want to talk signatures, we could do that.

You think poor kids from Central America are refugees? Really? There is no genocide or political, religious or racial persecution going on there. Being poor does not give anyone refugee status.

And while we're quibbling, Questions typically have a question mark at the end.

Elections matter. Elect an islamic radical as POTUS and you get what you vote for.

Republicans cry in the wind against "Shaira Law", but want to be governed by the 10-Commandents.
Link?

Remember the 10-Commandments in the Alabama Court House. People falling on their knees to worship a craven image of something their not suppose to worship in the first place?

Republicans have turned into whimpering cowards.

Reagan negotiated with the Soviet Union, who at the time had a conventional military that could have defeated us and 5,000 nuclear weapons already mounted on ballistic missiles capable of hitting all of the continental United States, and already targeted at our major cities. His motto..."Trust but verify", he got that motto from a Russian proverb.

Obama negotiates a deal with Iran, a tiny country that is no direct threat to the U.S. and who has no nuclear weapons and no ballistic missiles, and who if a war started would be defeated in a week, and his motto? "Do not trust, but verify".

WTF has happened to conservatives? WTF!!?

Its a dangerous world kids, always has been and always will be. Bush Jr. had 8 years to do SOMETHING about Iran's nuclear capability and did NOTHING so their nuclear program leaped ahead by miles. Now Republicans are shitting their diapers.

CRY you whiny little pecks.
Russians were and are rational human beings.They can be reasoned with because they knew that Reagan meant what he said.
Radical Islam is not rational. They cannot be reasoned with and have no reason to comply with any agreement they make because they know that at the very worst the current POTUS would replace the sanctions he has agreed to lift.

No one respects or fears barack hussein obama. The world perceives him a joke especially in the Muslim world.

Nah, you just have things that you need to believe because it makes you feel good or are the talking points for the day. Raygun called the Soviet Union the 'evil empire'. But you see them as rational. Whatever floats your dingy.

You missed this part:
"the Soviet Union, who at the time had a conventional military that could have defeated us and 5,000 nuclear weapons already mounted on ballistic missiles capable of hitting all of the continental United States, and already targeted at our major cities."

Yet you are terrified of a country with no nukes and no ballistic missiles and who's conventional army poses no threat to us in the least and is 8,000 miles away.

Conservatism = Fear. Pure and simple.

Because, moron, the soviets didn't want to die to go to heaven. The beliefs of the iranian religious leaders is that they need to bring about an apocalypse in order to bring back the 12th imam and bring about the world Caliphate........you guys keep bitching about how nuts christians are, and here you have actual nuts, who are currently killing people around the world....and you guys think they are more rational than the soviets.

And there is no anytime, anywhere inspection regime.....there is a panel of countries, and iran sits on the panel, and if iran objects to an inspection they have 24 days to discuss it...and iran still has the final say.....

you guys are fucking nuts.

Ok Chicken Little, feel free to cry about it. I'm tired of con whining about everything under the sun.

You are scared of your own shadow, we get it.

Reagan negotiated with the Soviet Union, who at the time had a conventional military that could have defeated us and 5,000 nuclear weapons already mounted on ballistic missiles capable of hitting all of the continental United States, and already targeted at our major cities. His motto..."Trust but verify", he got that motto from a Russian proverb.

Obama negotiates a deal with Iran, a tiny country that is no direct threat to the U.S. and who has no nuclear weapons and no ballistic missiles, and who if a war started would be defeated in a week, and his motto? "Do not trust, but verify".

Its a dangerous world kids, always has been and always will be. Bush Jr. had 8 years to do SOMETHING about Iran's nuclear capability and did NOTHING so their nuclear program leaped ahead by miles. Now Republicans are shitting their diapers.

Russians were and are rational human beings.They can be reasoned with because they knew that Reagan meant what he said.
Radical Islam is not rational. They cannot be reasoned with and have no reason to comply with any agreement they make because they know that at the very worst the current POTUS would replace the sanctions he has agreed to lift.

No one respects or fears barack hussein obama. The world perceives him a joke especially in the Muslim world.

Nah, you just have things that you need to believe because it makes you feel good or are the talking points for the day. Raygun called the Soviet Union the 'evil empire'. But you see them as rational. Whatever floats your dingy.

You missed this part:
"the Soviet Union, who at the time had a conventional military that could have defeated us and 5,000 nuclear weapons already mounted on ballistic missiles capable of hitting all of the continental United States, and already targeted at our major cities."

Yet you are terrified of a country with no nukes and no ballistic missiles and who's conventional army poses no threat to us in the least and is 8,000 miles away.

Because, moron, the soviets didn't want to die to go to heaven. The beliefs of the iranian religious leaders is that they need to bring about an apocalypse in order to bring back the 12th imam and bring about the world Caliphate........you guys keep bitching about how nuts christians are, and here you have actual nuts, who are currently killing people around the world....and you guys think they are more rational than the soviets.

And there is no anytime, anywhere inspection regime.....there is a panel of countries, and iran sits on the panel, and if iran objects to an inspection they have 24 days to discuss it...and iran still has the final say.....

Ok Chicken Little, feel free to cry about it. I'm tired of con whining about everything under the sun.

Don't confuse skepticism with fear.

People who believe everything the government tells them are the ones who are afraid

You missed this part:

Yes....the biggest exporter or terrorism, who still hold rallies yelling death to America and Israel.....and they are giving them billions of dollars, the ability to develop ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons...you are the fool....

I have reached the conclusion that the conservatives here are simply too frightened to think like rational adults. Their leaders make it a point to constantly terrify them to the point of incontinence. Now, those conservatives have learned to enjoy sitting in a puddle of their own urine, and their leaders have told them that everyone does it.

That's no way to live, conservatives. It's not normal to be constantly hysterical. Put on some dry pants and try joining the adult world.

Oh, those Quds? They've been fighting ... ISIS. Damn, that's terrifying. Oh wait, it's not.

Your abject ignorance of Iran is duly noted.

I'll just laugh at your idiocy child. They were broke and on the ropes kid,hence the :fall".

Kerry dismisses Iran’s financial support for Hizballah.... shows just how stupid the NeoCommie regime is!

Jihad Watch ^ | 7/15/15 | Robert Spencer
“The notion that the $100 billion which Iran will obtain ‘is going to make all the difference in the world is just – it’s not true,'” Kerry said. No, but it is going to make some difference. It is going to cost people’s lives. As will this entire disastrous agreement with Iran. “Kerry Dismisses Iran’s Financial Support for Hezbollah, Other Terror Groups,” by Patrick Goodenough, CNS News, July 15, 2015 (thanks to The Religion of Peace): (CNSNews.com) – Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday played down concerns that Iran will use the windfall from sanctions relief under the nuclear...

Forum List

Back