Why do people put up Christmas lights?

OK, it seems the guilt filled followers of the party of no family values or morality have found the time to tell us that they do not consider religion when they put up their Christmas lights. Fine, but why do you do it?

It was on Mrs. H.'s "to do" list. Along with fix the plumbing under the sink and caulk some windows. Who am I to argue?

You can call them "holiday lights" if you want to but why do we do it? For the kids? Because of peer pressure? So far the ACLU hasn't gotten involved in law suits against private property owners who display extravagant Christmas lights but who knows?

Because its Christmas A-Hole!!!

When I lived in the city, I enjoyed walking around and looking at the light displays on houses.

You can call them "holiday lights" if you want to but why do we do it? For the kids? Because of peer pressure? So far the ACLU hasn't gotten involved in law suits against private property owners who display extravagant Christmas lights but who knows?

I put them up for the sole reason that it taxes our Nation's electrical grid, and by design must piss off the loony left. Anything to burn a few more tons of fossil fuels to illuminate all of those carbon emissions floating around my house is just fine with me.

I do it because I enjoy having a higher electric bill for the month of December.

If the truth be known, I only do it to create a larger carbon footprint. Then, to add insult to injury, I intend on cutting down the largest pine tree I can find as a Christmas tree. You know, a tree so large that it would cause carbon emissions to elevate at least by 6% or so.

they have zero religious meaning for me.

I put them up becasue they are festive looking....and I enjoy them. Fuck anyone who doesn't like them.

I agree! :)

I was more thinking about how the idea originated in the first place.
The pagan celebration of Yule is closer to my idea of why lights are put up.

We hang Christmas lights because the kids think it's fun. I don't know..is it a primarily American thing?

I've no doubt it will become illegal at some point, when we start rationing power.

My neighbors put up their lights one day, and when I came down the street I could only see the hint of blinking red, blue..and I assumed the cops had pulled someone over and further, I assumed it was my son!

So every time I turn that corner, I say a little prayer of thanks that my son wasn't pulled over by the coppers. That's what Christmas lights mean to me.

LOL... its a power company thing! That little spinning wheel makes for a very merry chirstmas for them.

Who cares whether you celebrate Christmas religiously or you just like lights. I like lights.

Have anybody of you seen the Light???????????????????

:eusa_angel::cool:

No you haven't say no more ...we get it LOL :tongue:

My GF used to have lights around her vanity year round.

Vag... Oh... Vanity. Thought you were going to say something else... Oh, forget it. I wasn't wearing my glasses. N's looking like G's.

Forum List

Back