Why do people of religion...

We Are They

Rookie
May 27, 2009
...feel that they have to defend their ridiculous invisible man theories? If you feel like believing in ghosts fine, but why do you get so bent out of shape trying to convert everyone else?

...feel that they have to defend their ridiculous invisible man theories? If you feel like believing in ghosts fine, but why do you get so bent out of shape trying to convert everyone else?

Why start a thread about it? Who's bent out of shape?

Why do (most) people who don't believe in God tend to belittle, make fun of and otherwise annoy people who do believe?

What difference should it make to them if someone chooses to believe in "ghosts"?

Why keep bringing it up?

Why not just let it drop and ignore it?

Why try to convince believers not to believe? :eusa_eh:

• Banned
Who's bent out of shape? LOL, this place is an argument-fest to see which religion can misinterpret the bible the most.:lol:

This question goes both ways.
Why are you always trying to convince us there's nothing to God? What's the big deal if we believe and you don't?
We don't "defend" it, we try to let people know about it. I agree, some people go quite a bit overboard trying to "push" their religion on others. If someone doesn't want to hear it, that's fine with me. I"ll leave them alone. But i've done my part to let them know i do believe and i'd be glad to share it with them.

• Banned

Why are you always trying to convince us there's nothing to God? What's the big deal if we believe and you don't?
We don't "defend" it, we try to let people know about it. I agree, some people go quite a bit overboard trying to "push" their religion on others. If someone doesn't want to hear it, that's fine with me. I"ll leave them alone. But i've done my part to let them know i do believe and i'd be glad to share it with them.

I'm saying: show us some proof or stfu. People want real proof, like with WMD. It's easy to find simpletons who will believe anything right away, but it's the others that you are always trying to convert, and with reason too, because to validate your point, you'd need to have at least SOME intelligent people on your side.

I love ghosts, but am a selfish sort, as I wouldn't even try to share those amaziingly wonderful expereinces with others. All mine, all mine. :tongue:

Why do (most) people who don't believe in God tend to belittle, make fun of and otherwise annoy people who do believe?

What difference should it make to them if someone chooses to believe in "ghosts"?

Why keep bringing it up?

Why not just let it drop and ignore it?

Why try to convince believers not to believe? :eusa_eh:

You will find less ghost believers trying to dictate moral behavior through politics, then you do the God ones. I truly believe that it isn't about trying to force belief, as much as it is fighting off forced belief.

I'm saying: show us some proof or stfu. People want real proof, like with WMD. It's easy to find simpletons who will believe anything right away, but it's the others that you are always trying to convert, and with reason too, because to validate your point, you'd need to have at least SOME intelligent people on your side.

:eusa_eh:

...why do you get so bent out of shape trying to convert everyone else?

so why would anyone be hassling you over it?
:confused:

You will find less ghost believers trying to dictate moral behavior through politics, then you do the God ones. I truly believe that it isn't about trying to force belief, as much as it is fighting off forced belief.

I will respectfully disagree.

I've had more fanatical, rabid atheists accost me online than I have ever hand any sort of religious persons trying to convince me of their right-ness.

There is little difference in my opinion, between a fanatical theist and a fanatical atheist. They both believe something wholeheartedly and are trying to sway others to their side.

Edit: My apologies - when I said "ghosts" I was referring to ghosts, God, etc., as I thought the OP was lumping them all together and I was trying to be more succinct in my reply. I have little or no experience with people who literally believe in ghosts and therefore, cannot argue/discuss them one way or another. Sorry for my ambiguousness. :redface:

Last edited:
I've had more fanatical, rabid atheists accost me online than I have ever hand any sort of religious persons trying to convince me of their right-ness.

Because the opportunities to ridicule people who believe in ghosts don't come along very often in real life. I had some Jehovas come to my door the other day, I told them: I can PROVE to you that god doesn't exist. So they stood there waiting... I said: if there was a god, do you really think that he'd need you to go door to door for him?
The guy frowned, the girl burst out laughing. I went back inside.

But seriously, I'm always amazed that there are people who fervently believe in something that's not really there, and I've always been curious to figure where that belief comes from, because it's not based in reality. I'm realizing that it's just blind faith, without reason.

Del, almost all the scientists and learned people don't believe, that's all I'm saying... and even dummies like me, lol.

Last edited:

I will respectfully disagree.

There is little difference in my opinion, between a fanatical theist and a fanatical atheist. They both believe something wholeheartedly and are trying to sway others to their side.

I wil have to counter that with thought, with how many Ghost believers blow up abotion clinics, or cheer them on? How many ghost believers fight to take the rights away from others because of beliefs. How many ghost believers send children to bomb themselves up in the name of ghosts. I have had more people tell me I will burn in hell that you may have people tell you "No Ghosts for You". I can't believe you don't see the difference.

Because the opportunities to ridicule people who believe in ghosts don't come along very often in real life. I had some Jehovas come to my door the other day, I told them: I can PROVE to you that god doesn't exist. So they stood there waiting... I said: if there was a god, do you really think that he'd need you to go door to door for him?

But seriously, I'm always amazed that there are people who fervently believe in something that's not really there, and I've always been curious to figure where that belief comes from, because it's not based in reality. I'm realizing that it's just blind faith, without reason.

Del, almost all the scientists and learned people don't believe, that's all I'm saying... and even dummies like me, lol.

link?

Del, almost all the scientists and learned people don't believe, that's all I'm saying... and even dummies like me,
lol.

Completely false ... most are not christian, some are, but almost all have some religion, just not mainstream ones. I follow Egyptian pantheism.

I wil have to counter that with thought, with how many Ghost believers blow up abotion clinics, or cheer them on? How many ghost believers fight to take the rights away from others because of beliefs. How many ghost believers send children to bomb themselves up in the name of ghosts. I have had more people tell me I will burn in hell that you may have people tell you "No Ghosts for You". I can't believe you don't see the difference.

I made an edit to a previous post. Check that out for an explanation.

Forum List

Back