Why do I keep gettin a winshark trojan from this site?

Not a false positive, It installs itself. I adjusted McAffee and now it is intercepting it and deleting it for me.
3 times in the last 20 min. Traced back to this site.

Interesting. I don't have that problem, even on my Windows machines but I don't use McAfee, I use Avast and Malwarebytes or Spywareblaster.

Yes interesting, I experimented this morning. Ran malwarebytes and McAfee and all clean. Messed around on maybe 1/2 dozen sites, reran Mal and McAfee and all clean. Within minutes of goiing to this site McAfee started intercepting and deleting the Wireshark trojan.

Yes interesting, I experimented this morning. Ran malwarebytes and McAfee and all clean. Messed around on maybe 1/2 dozen sites, reran Mal and McAfee and all clean. Within minutes of goiing to this site McAfee started intercepting and deleting the Wireshark trojan.

Is it just McAffee picking it up or is Malbytes getting it also? If it's just McAffee picking it up then you have one of two potential issues.
One is the afore mentioned false reading the other, more probable issue, is McAffee didn't completely remove it leaving a seed behind that attempts to reload it when it's found on the interwebs.
That also means the trojan is here on the USMB or was at one time and left a hidden command to redirect and start download, reinstallation.

Is it just McAffee picking it up or is Malbytes getting it also? If it's just McAffee picking it up then you have one of two potential issues.
One is the afore mentioned false reading the other, more probable issue, is McAffee didn't completely remove it leaving a seed behind that attempts to reload it when it's found on the interwebs.
That also means the trojan is here on the USMB or was at one time and left a hidden command to redirect and start download, reinstallation.

got me, going to another site for a while and see if it stops.
later.

got me, going to another site for a while and see if it stops.
later.

If you're running Firefox add on Ghostery and Betterprivacy. If you're running IE then..........................

Yeah IE, I got started using a couple of years ago for an employer requirement.

Going to firefox or something I suppose. Was using netscape up till I swapped to Internet Exploiter.

Yeah IE, I got started using a couple of years ago for an employer requirement.

Going to firefox or something I suppose. Was using netscape up till I swapped to Internet Exploiter.

IE undoes your privacy settings every time you exit the application.

Friends don't let friends use IE.

Friends don't let friends run Winbloze and only a fool would run it as an office system or server platform.
Winbloze. The official OS of the murkin.

Forum List

Back