Why do black men love jail so much?

They commit so much crime, and brag about their prison stays in rap songs like it's a badge of honor, I must say why do black men love jail so much? Why are they not more ashamed of jail time? Why aren't 90% of black men outraged at rappers who glorify prison terms?

to which rap songs, specifically, are you referring?

i'm just wondering what you spend your time listening to.

They commit so much crime, and brag about their prison stays in rap songs like it's a badge of honor, I must say why do black men love jail so much? Why are they not more ashamed of jail time? Why aren't 90% of black men outraged at rappers who glorify prison terms?

black people do not love jail , we wights seem to like putting them in jail , stop burning crosses and open your eyes

Yea we whites just put them in jail for sheer pleasure. It's not like they're guilty of anything. :cuckoo:

Does your white guilt keep you up at night?

look at the facts , how many blacks are pulled over compared to white ? whats the percentage of blacks sent to prison in our courts compared to the same crime by whites ?

you see what you want to see

I'm beginning to understand why liberals think all conservatives are racist.

Yeap , there are many I meet that have obvious racial undertones to their arguements.

These guys are just the blantent ones.

In fairness, I see as much racism from the left. It's a different type of racism... pandering... but still racism. I dislike any kind of racism.

Repeat offenders and the concept of rehabiliation knows no race.
Many country western singers have also glorified prison time.

Yea we whites just put them in jail for sheer pleasure. It's not like they're guilty of anything. :cuckoo:

Does your white guilt keep you up at night?

look at the facts , how many blacks are pulled over compared to white ? whats the percentage of blacks sent to prison in our courts compared to the same crime by whites ?

you see what you want to see

Yup Black Men never commit crimes. It's all just a big White Lie. Yup and i have a fantastic bridge to sell ya too. :cuckoo:

is anyone saying that?

do you have any abillity to look at things reasonably? or is it all one big jumble?

race_us_prison.jpg

Why do people love mobster movies? The Godfather is in most people around the world's top ten? Why do I love grand theft auto? Why are people in love prison movies and shows? It could be the rebel in them. People strive for excitement. Surviving jail can't be easy and even for poor black kids it scares the hell out them! We look down on ex-cons, because they are criminals, but people who make it out alive get some respect and admiration, even if we are still looking down on them!

Its also pretty easy for a rapper (many who never served time) to glorify it! The gangster life-style sounds appealing to people who aren't faced with it.

I know your talking tongue and cheek, but you can't take a the words of a suburban rapper as the words in the street. When gangster rappers get mad now, they tweet about it. When they get wronged they call their Jewish lawyer to sue. They live amongst rich whites and send their kids to the most expensive private schools. When they want something they buy it. They don't shoot people with guns, they shoot people with lawsuits.

But to suggest one ethnic group is pre-disposed to a life of crime because of the color of their skin is a bunch of garbage.
It's not the black skin color, It's the high testosterone and low IQ levels.

War sounds sexy, dangerous and exciting to the outsider. Most young boys dream of being the hero. Its an illusion. Any veteran that saw heavy action, will say war is hell!

Same with prison. One whose never done it can glorify it, but not too many who did hard time say its fun or a cake walk!

I'm sure this young dark man would agree!

Last edited by a moderator:
In all seriousness,some Black Men do glorify Jail but those men are woefully ignorant or just trying to sell records. Personally I've never met a Black Man who glorified Jail. If you ignant,you ignant. Color doesn't matter. Many White & Hispanic Men glorify Jail too. Ignorance crosses all ethnic & color lines. So it's not necessary to single out only one Race. If yuze ignant,yuze ignant. End of story.

Rap music does often glorify violence and prison terms are perceived to give certain artists "street cred"

But with that said, I imagine the recidivism rate is probably the same across all races of criminals. There are some career criminals who find prison time an "occupational hazard" that they are wiliing to risk. Three hots and a cot can be respite.

You need to research the statistics on the percentages of different races who are incarcerated.

Uncle Ferd says it's `cause dey dey three free meals a day...

... an' a roof over their head...

... an' their own bed to sleep in...

... an' free medical an' dental care.
:cool:

That's kind of an ignorant assumption. I mean yeah, to a certain point it's true, but once one is inside prison, I assure you that whoever they are, they don't want to be there. Many have no choice once they are inside, it's all about the gangs and survival. That's the problem.

Allso, The Aryan Brotherhood and The Mexican mafia glorify prison too. Maybe not so much in eachothers music, but more with their lifestyle. As far as Rap is concerned, I think it has done more damage to young black americans in the last 20 years than anything else, including slavery. Yep, Including slavery. Millions and millions of young blacks were influenced by the break out of the gangster rap hip hop movement of the late 80's and early 90's on up until now. I wonder how many that are in jail were 'ridin' to that kind of music when they shot someone and now have to spend the rest of their life in jail. It's a shame. Some kid or entire family now without a father probably too. That's the tragedy.

Me personally, I blame the record producers, because without them their would never have been this negative influence on not just young blacks, but alot of other young people of various races, including Whites.

I dunno, Just my opinion. ~BH

Forum List

Back