Why do black men love jail so much?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
They commit so much crime, and brag about their prison stays in rap songs like it's a badge of honor, I must say why do black men love jail so much? Why are they not more ashamed of jail time? Why aren't 90% of black men outraged at rappers who glorify prison terms?

They commit so much crime, and brag about their prison stays in rap songs like it's a badge of honor, I must say why do black men love jail so much? Why are they not more ashamed of jail time? Why aren't 90% of black men outraged at rappers who glorify prison terms?

I suspect someones going to ask for a link...

I don't listen to rap... maybe you shouldn't either..

It is a macho thing. They think that by glorifying the fact they had to spend time for braking the law it will show that they are 'hard', and that no one will 'mess' with them.

However, I will have to point out that it is not just the Blacks that do this. I have seen it in all races. Granted, it does seem to happen more with the Blacks though.

Last edited:
Rap music does often glorify violence and prison terms are perceived to give certain artists "street cred"

But with that said, I imagine the recidivism rate is probably the same across all races of criminals. There are some career criminals who find prison time an "occupational hazard" that they are wiliing to risk. Three hots and a cot can be respite.

Yeah right, like you're the expert on what Black men are like

Grow up, lad.

You're an embarrassment to the White Race.

Its a matter of honor. In the street world or drug scene (does not matter your race) doing time signifies that you have been to battle. Go to prison, you are usually one who is not going to snitch and you have done your time without telling on someone. This may not be true but it is one aspect. Relating it to the military, when a combat veteran returns people look at them with respect because of what they went through. It is the same thing on the street, prison is seen as a corresponding experience. The rap songs glorify it because, face it, it sells to the young street crowd. And it matters not whether you are black or white they are all listening to it.

Its a matter of honor. In the street world or drug scene (does not matter your race) doing time signifies that you have been to battle. Go to prison, you are usually one who is not going to snitch and you have done your time without telling on someone. This may not be true but it is one aspect. Relating it to the military, when a combat veteran returns people look at them with respect because of what they went through. It is the same thing on the street, prison is seen as a corresponding experience. The rap songs glorify it because, face it, it sells to the young street crowd. And it matters not whether you are black or white they are all listening to it.

Um..no.

One is far more likely in this country to spend time in jail for a crime if one is black. I've seen that close up and personal. Growing up..I ran with some guys that did stupid things, and cops were far more likely to let them go if they were white.

I'm inclined to think that threads like this are not only an embarrassment to the White RACE, they must also be an embarrassment to thinking NAZIs, too.

TRY harder, troll.

Consider black guys - and others now these days - who walk around with their asses hanging out above their pant's oversized waistbands. According to Juan Williams (a black guy) in his book Enough, the fad started when black guys released from prisons/jails would buy such oversized pants as a means of enhancing their street cred by signifying they'd done time. Juan's theory was institutions issue clothing to inmates and often don't have a big selection of sizes to match up with one's physique, so they give them whatever they've got on hand regardless if it fits them properly. Often the waists were far too large for the wearer so they had to adapt to being able to - however awkwardly - walk around in them without having them slip all the way down to their ankles since belts aren't allowed for various safety reasons.

Why someone would want to flaunt the fact that they'd been incarcerated is beyond me, but that's the theory he espoused.

Rap music does often glorify violence and prison terms are perceived to give certain artists "street cred"

But with that said, I imagine the recidivism rate is probably the same across all races of criminals. There are some career criminals who find prison time an "occupational hazard" that they are wiliing to risk. Three hots and a cot can be respite.

you imagine the rate is the same across all races?? hahaha. other than political correctness what would lead you to that conclusion?

I grew up in the 50's and have seen a lot of changes in color perception but in the past few years the trend reversed and is headed down hill and gaining speed. Our country is in trouble and we have no leadership and before you go hyper on lib and conservs, there is no leadership on either side, just name calling and blame.

If you don't believe me then you are not really reading this post and not just this specific post but a lot of what we ALL write about.

black people do not love jail , we wights seem to like putting them in jail , stop burning crosses and open your eyes

black people do not love jail , we wights seem to like putting them in jail , stop burning crosses and open your eyes

Yea we whites just put them in jail for sheer pleasure. It's not like they're guilty of anything. :cuckoo:

Does your white guilt keep you up at night?

They love Ass. Doesn't matter whether it's Male or Female. They just love Ass. So Prison doesn't bother many of them. As long as there's a Butthole around to slam,they're generally pretty content. It's all about that Booty. The Brothas loves them some Booty. Male or Female. I know it's bizarre but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back