Why didn't the western powers support the Christian Taiping Rebels? (Short Animated Documentary)

Love History Matter's channel.

No, the Taiping Rebellion was a horrible point in history, killed tens of millions of people, and their leader was batshit nuts. he thought he was Jesus' brother.

If you want to know why relations between China and the west are so bad, it's because the west did so many awful things.

IT WAS A MISTAKE. WE´D support Christian Taiping Rebels! do you agree ?

They should have, bur America's elites were never fond of Christianity, they jumped on 'Social Darwinism' in the 19th Century to dress up their sociopathic mental illnesses in pseudo-scientific rubbish, same as Lysenkoism did in the Soviet Union. They are even more psychotic now than then.

YOU MIXED Manchu empire with Han- Commie empire

I did nothing of the sort.

The thing about the Da Qing Dynasty is that while they did indeed start out as Manchus, by the 19th Century, they had been fully assimilated into Chinese Culture. Much the same happened with the Da Yuan Dynasty (AKA The Mongols).

They should have, bur America's elites were never fond of Christianity, they jumped on 'Social Darwinism' in the 19th Century to dress up their sociopathic mental illnesses in pseudo-scientific rubbish, same as Lysenkoism did in the Soviet Union. They are even more psychotic now than then.

I think you are a tad confused.

the problem with the Taiping Rebellion is that they were never going to overthrow China completely, and the western powers, as much as they abused the Qing rulers of China, really wanted stability of a single government to work with as they looted the country for ever bar of silver they could.

Da Qing Dynasty is that while they did indeed start out as Manchus, by the 19th Century, they had been fully assimilated into Chinese Culture
its a hans myth

the Manchu ruling elite lived separate from the hans -slaves to the very last days of the Manchu empire, you know about the forbidden (for the hans) city (s) , right ? ;)

Today, unlike in the past, Manchu identity in China is no longer “a problem.” They may be quietly proud of their ancestors, sort of like Han Chinese may claim to be related to Confucius or some famous Han scholar, but Manchu ethnicity itself no longer brings any benefit nor carries any great burden.

There are other ethnic minorities, factions, class, regional, religious, economic & political issues infinitely more potentially disruptive to Chinese national unity. Probably no domestic ethnic issue, not even in Tibet or XinJiang , will ever prove strong enough to effectively disrupt national unity or the process of Sinification.

Probably the main feeling of Han Chinese towards the Manchu Qing Dynasty today is simply regret or derision that it was insufferably incompetent in resisting Western and especially Japanese invaders, that as a foreign dynasty is was supposedly more than usually concerned with its own power, and that this contributed to its failure to modernize and develop the country as a whole to defend itself.

Even the Cantonese language, and Southern Chinese pride based in part on its culture and usually longer-lasting resistance to innumerable Northern barbarian invasions and new “hybrid” Dynasties, and its initially greater role under Sun Yat-sen in trying to overthrow the Qing Dynasty, is today fast disappearing, though it is far more real than any “Manchu identity” in today’s China.

Last edited:
Han Chinese towards the Manchu Qing Dynasty today is simply regret or derision that it was insufferably incompetent in resisting Western and especially Japanese invaders, that as a foreign dynasty
The hans like Muscovites 🇷🇺 are the natural slaves they like hardcore&slavery , Western and Japanese invaders are the best choice for the natural slaves

The hans like Muscovites 🇷🇺 are the natural slaves they like hardcore&slavery , Western and Japanese invaders are the best choice for the natural slaves
You are a racist idiot who glories in half-assed cultural-historical stereotypes. You mistake political culture, military and feudal modalities, and the influence of historical and economic forces … for some imaginary ethnic essence.

In this case, the Han Chinese in Taiwan and Singapore and in their worldwide diaspora show the creativity of Chinese people. You seem more a slave to your own fascistic racial obsessions than they do to any ideology or racial essence. Once freed of the Communist Party monopoly on power, modern China may surprise us all.

cultural-historical stereotypes.
i forgive you for your ugly words toward me, i talk about geography in 19c definition of it

1693667164615.jpeg

i forgive you for your ugly words toward me, i talk about geography in 19c definition of it
It is crystal clear that you are talking about invasions and changing geographical boundaries, and you suggest “superior” peoples should “enslave” inferior ones!

Your obsessive hatred of Russian/“Mongols” (and also of Han Chinese) as supposedly inferior Asian groups who should “naturally” be slaves of the West and Japan … is worse even than 19th & 20th Century imperialism & racism. Indeed you apparently support fascist militarism by “superior peoples” everywhere.

In the case of China you supported Japanese imperialism in WWII? You say their invasion was the “best choice” for China?! You show yourself to be one sicko fascist.

By the way, most Japanese soldiers in WWII were not “superior” to Chinese soldiers but simply better armed and organized. They themselves were mostly peasants one or two generations removed, totally brainwashed slaves of a ruling military caste. Abused and ignorant, loyal to a mythologized emperor, dehumanized subjects of a modernized feudal society with a racialized imperial mindset, treated like dogs by their superiors and treating those beneath them the same way … they probably fully meet your criterion for being citizen soldiers of a “superior people.”

Last edited:
You are a racist idiot who glories in half-assed cultural-historical stereotypes. You mistake political culture, military and feudal modalities, and the influence of historical and economic forces … for some imaginary ethnic essence.

In this case, the Han Chinese in Taiwan and Singapore and in their worldwide diaspora show the creativity of Chinese people. You seem more a slave to your own fascistic racial obsessions than they do to any ideology or racial essence. Once freed of the Communist Party monopoly on power, modern China may surprise us all.

Leopards never change their spots.

Singapore SUCKS, an Authoritarian state. All people are creative and nice , so what ? what it has to do with what i wrote ?

No, they don't 'suck'; in fact just the opposite. The U.S. should learn some lessons from them. Their people do very well by their state.

Forum List

Back