Why didn't Romney talk about Afghanistan?

Why should he? Obama said he ended the wars snd brought the troops home.

Maybe he didn't want to make empty promises like the community organizer did.

Or perhaps.....

He could have pointed out that more soldiers have died in Afghanistan under Obama's watch than under Bush's entire term.
:eusa_whistle:

On Fox, they said Romney was the first presidential nominee since 1952 that didn't talk about a war America was currently involved in. Curious.

Why was that? Is it possible it would have brought up the debacle in Iraq or the fact Republicans let Bin Laden go and pretty much ignored al Qaeda while attempting to annex Iraqi oil?

Or would it have made Americans realize that it was Obama that took out Bin Laden and pretty much decimated al Qaeda. When you point out one failure, you point out all of them.

Was Mitt smart to skip Afghanistan or does it tell us how he will treat veterans if he becomes president.

How Veterans of Modern Warfare view Ryan's budget:

VA Care End Eyed for 1.3 Million Vets
What did you want Mitt to say? Did you want him to point out that since Obama announced a timetable in Afghanistan that the saying there is, "The Americans have a watch but Al Qaeda has the time"? Did you want him to point out that our troops are now target practice for those that they're supposed to train. Things like that?

He could have thanked them for their service. Course, Mitt probably doesn't thank the "little people". No, he fires them.
Nor does he make eye contact with them.

What did you want Mitt to say? Did you want him to point out that since Obama announced a timetable in Afghanistan that the saying there is, "The Americans have a watch but Al Qaeda has the time"? Did you want him to point out that our troops are now target practice for those that they're supposed to train. Things like that?

He could have thanked them for their service. Course, Mitt probably doesn't thank the "little people". No, he fires them.

Yeah, and Obama sends letters to the families of fallen soldiers too.

Form letters.... :eusa_clap:

Oh yeah, and a personal letter of condolence when rapper Heavy D passed away at 44.

YEP... He has those priorities right though.

Oh yeah, and a personal letter of condolence when rapper Heavy D passed away at 44.

Yea, because Republicans care about what happens to fallen soldiers.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld yesterday praised the work of an Army brigade whose one-year tour in Iraq was extended just as they prepared to return home, and said he saw no reason for the soldiers or their families to be angry at him.
These people are all volunteers. They all signed up.

The Pentagon chief was meeting privately later yesterday with 172nd Stryker Brigade families at Fort Wainwright in Alaska, the unit's home base. Rumsfeld's aides said they expected as many as 600 people to attend and to have a chance to ask questions.

Reporters who traveled with Rumsfeld from Washington, D.C., were to be excluded from the session.

"I am totally frustrated, disappointed and heartbroken," she said in the statement. "Just when I thought we were going to be able to resume a 'normal' life and when I thought the nightmare was over, the nightmare was extended."

The brigade's tour was extended by up to 120 days, bringing them close to a Christmas return date. Rumsfeld said he would make no promises that the full brigade would be back home by the holidays.

"I'd love to be Santa Claus. I'm not," he said in an interview with reporters during a flight to Fairbanks.

Rumsfeld: 'I'd love to be Santa Claus. I'm not.' | Concord Monitor

Because our problems are domestic, not foreign.

Lol are u kidding me? The cons bread and butter has been forien policy and keep amerIca safe, it make you wonder why they strayed. Also being from Philadelphia you should know better, you giving us philadelphians a bad name

Yea, because Republicans care about what happens to fallen soldiers.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld yesterday praised the work of an Army brigade whose one-year tour in Iraq was extended just as they prepared to return home, and said he saw no reason for the soldiers or their families to be angry at him.
These people are all volunteers. They all signed up.

The Pentagon chief was meeting privately later yesterday with 172nd Stryker Brigade families at Fort Wainwright in Alaska, the unit's home base. Rumsfeld's aides said they expected as many as 600 people to attend and to have a chance to ask questions.

Reporters who traveled with Rumsfeld from Washington, D.C., were to be excluded from the session.

"I am totally frustrated, disappointed and heartbroken," she said in the statement. "Just when I thought we were going to be able to resume a 'normal' life and when I thought the nightmare was over, the nightmare was extended."

The brigade's tour was extended by up to 120 days, bringing them close to a Christmas return date. Rumsfeld said he would make no promises that the full brigade would be back home by the holidays.

"I'd love to be Santa Claus. I'm not," he said in an interview with reporters during a flight to Fairbanks.

Rumsfeld: 'I'd love to be Santa Claus. I'm not.' | Concord Monitor

What does your 6 six old article have to do with Mitt Romney?

What's worse Romney not talking about Afghanistan as part of his convention speech or
Obama as President and commander in chief letting the war continue well past his first term.
Here you have a candidate getting his balls broken by a lefty for not talking about it and not saying a word about his guy (Obama) not doing anything about it.

Obama ass kissers are a strange bunch.

What's worse Romney not talking about Afghanistan as part of his convention speech or
Obama as President and commander in chief letting the war continue well past his first term.
Here you have a candidate getting his balls broken by a lefty for not talking about it and not saying a word about his guy (Obama) not doing anything about it.

Obama ass kissers are a strange bunch.

Worse is the slap in the face to our troops in Afghanistan administered by Romney and the Republicans who only had space in their convention to "hate Obama". It was a "hate Obamafest".

Mitch said their number one priority, even over helping the country in any way, and no matter what it takes, to put action to their "Hate Obamafest" and hate Obama.

Hate

Hate

Hate

Obama

Besides, the troops come from the middle class and the poor. They are the "little people". Not really worthy of Republican notice. Republicans have corporations and "hate Obama" to worry about.

Why didn't Romney talk about Afghanistan?
'Cause he's more adept at......

eusa_doh.gif

Forum List

Back