Why didn’t Gingrich serve in Vietnam

Why did not Newt EVER join the military to serve his country?

It just begs the response...

Why didn't Obama ever join the military to serve his country?

Now that bullshit out of the way, there are many people who just aren't cut out to be in the military.

And here's from my old lib days, one can serve one's country in many ways.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcqDBT37SQ]World Reacts to Obama Victory - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Now that bullshit out of the way, there are many people who just aren't cut out to be in the military.

Excellent point.
Ask an elnisted men that is a combat soldier what he thinks about draftee cherrys.
The current all volunteer military is the best in the world because they are easier to train when they enlist.
My brother said he had many draftees that were good soldiers and did their job well and he had many enlisted men that were not worth a shit but as a whole the enlisted men were easier to train as they were there longer than 13 months and usually had been trained longer before they got in country.
Folks do not know that 75% of the troops in Nam were enlisted, not draftees.
I grew up in that era. I saw the neighborhood Moms and my Mom go through what they went through. I went to 2 funerals of friends of my brothers and still see men that served there that are not the same.
A valid deferral? OK, but outright BS like Bum Knee Chambliss? Outrageous.
Both parties do it.
Much ado about nothing.

With all I can do to say anything at all in the defense of newt; during the VietNam war if your draft number was very high you were not called to serve.
Not knowing why he did not serve, he did not have to enlist and if he wasn't drafted he did not have to serve.

Political types are usually smart enough to "dodge the bullet" ( or their daddy tells them to).
Only a meathead would take and accept orders to go into a slaughterhouse.
Like these assholes in the "sandbox". If they had a brain they'd all go to the airport, come home, load and lock, and wait for the Nazi master to show up at the door.
BUT. It's an idiocracy full of brainwashed assholes. Aint happenin.
The shepherds that herd these sheep are nothing but traitors. If they respected their "oath" DC would be a prison camp full of old assholes wearing fancy suits and Wallberg street would be desolate.
Say one thing/do another. It's the murkin way !

is that what you did Gordo?.......oh wait.....you were scared the Muslims were coming and ran like a pussy to the third world.....go fuck around with your 18 year old girls that you bought for 20 bucks....

Excellent point.
Ask an elnisted men that is a combat soldier what he thinks about draftee cherrys.
The current all volunteer military is the best in the world because they are easier to train when they enlist.
My brother said he had many draftees that were good soldiers and did their job well and he had many enlisted men that were not worth a shit but as a whole the enlisted men were easier to train as they were there longer than 13 months and usually had been trained longer before they got in country.
Folks do not know that 75% of the troops in Nam were enlisted, not draftees.
I grew up in that era. I saw the neighborhood Moms and my Mom go through what they went through. I went to 2 funerals of friends of my brothers and still see men that served there that are not the same.
A valid deferral? OK, but outright BS like Bum Knee Chambliss? Outrageous.
Both parties do it.
Much ado about nothing.

Bless your soul for your post. I grew up then too.

I will not slag draftees because in the end they served proudly. And it was a crazy time. Two of my best friends went over Doug and Arthur from SC. Both survived thank the good lord and did serve with honor.

But the whole issue begs the question.

If I volunteered to serve and if I had to serve with someone like a Newt who was drafted or a Jesse Ventura "I ain't got time to bleed" type of voluntarily enlisted man, who's foxhole do you want to be in?

I'm picking Ventura man !!!!!:lol:

No offense Newt folks just having some fun.:eusa_angel:

This voluntary crew the US and Canada have in the Armed Services now are the best on the planet with the Brits, Dutch and Australia and I could go on forever.

And bless their souls and families for their choice in how to serve their countries best.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back