Why did my supermarket cover the credit card scanner with plastic

Lol. They covered the card scanner to protect it from coronavirus. I wasnt aware that electronics were vulnerable
Scanners have deep crevasses and surfaces that are not easily cleaned. Continually spraying them with disinfectants will destroy them. Cover them with a thin plastic sheeting makes them easily cleaned and protects the equipment...
So electronics are vulnerable to idiots with windex
Ive watched germaphob's kill them because they wont do simple things like cover them with light plastic.. SO the answer to your question is YES!

Lol. They covered the card scanner to protect it from coronavirus. I wasnt aware that electronics were vulnerable

And I say again. Stupid gone to a level I have not seen in my lifetime. :)

Those little rubber key on the scanner are a perfect place for virus droplets to land and stay. Punch in your pin and then forget to use sanitizer or put your fingers near your face afterwards.
Whoops.

I don't do debit because they have been scammed so often. Just say credit. It comes out of the same pile of cash in my bank.

It’s one of our great ironies in all this you might get COVID-19 from touching that but yet everything else in the store someone might have picked up or touched before you is ok.

My card got stuck in the plastic the other day and it took three people to get it out....so much for that idea.....

That's why I try to make cash payments whenever possible.

And then they give you change.

The merchants around here will sometimes give you a discount, they prefer the coin of the realm. I had my car at a local garage for Pennsylvania state inspection the bill was $82.90. When the mechanic saw I was paying cash money, he told me $80 was fine.

That's why I try to make cash payments whenever possible.

And then they give you change.

The merchants around here will sometimes give you a discount, they prefer the coin of the realm. I had my car at a local garage for Pennsylvania state inspection the bill was $82.90. When the mechanic saw I was paying cash money, he told me $80 was fine.

They also prefer not to pay the credit card companies for the privilege of accepting their cards. You pay either a fee or a % so you can have the card, and they charge the merchants a % to accept the cards. It adds up to a tidy sum.

they are-------but unless the saran wrap is changed
between each scan-----the practice is not worth much.
It would be far better to have a scanner that scans on
proximity------not contact

I have one of them as a fuel card

if you STAY HOME----you will not have to gas up
your car------be a good girl STAY HOME

if you STAY HOME----you will not have to gas up
your car------be a good girl STAY HOME
You stay at home for the rest of your life. I already had this disease and have nothing to fear

Yawn

Forum List

Back