Why Did FDR Censor Criticism of Stalin?

Conspiracy issues have been around for a long time, and many conspiracies never fail to get a devoted audience, and that devoted audience are all potential book buyers. Even in my own time on this earth I have encountered a number of conspiracies some quite good, and while I never did my homework on them I found they are often ventilated in times of fear, similar to the period of rumors.
Some universities even run courses on the analysis of historical conspiracies, their popularity and use.
So when a new conspiracy arises, and they are constant, I sort of wait for the big boys to do their homework, first let them do the investigating, check the evidence and so forth, they have the means, and even a hint of honesty in their work.
True, some conspiracies have proven to have some merit, so real investigations are of some merit. But on these boards I think the goal is to seed doubt and make political points.
Do they do that?

Conspiracy issues have been around for a long time, and many conspiracies never fail to get a devoted audience, and that devoted audience are all potential book buyers. Even in my own time on this earth I have encountered a number of conspiracies some quite good, and while I never did my homework on them I found they are often ventilated in times of fear, similar to the period of rumors.
Some universities even run courses on the analysis of historical conspiracies, their popularity and use.
So when a new conspiracy arises, and they are constant, I sort of wait for the big boys to do their homework, first let them do the investigating, check the evidence and so forth, they have the means, and even a hint of honesty in their work.
True, some conspiracies have proven to have some merit, so real investigations are of some merit. But on these boards I think the goal is to seed doubt and make political points.
Do they do that?

Conspiracy theories are disimformation tools. They muddy the waters and hide the truth. They are amazingly simple to start. Plant a few seeds and they grow by themselves. Ultimately so many theories pop up on a specific issue that everything is viewed as nonsense, including the truth. They are profitable, so there is never a lack of folks dreaming up new conspiracies on specific issue's.

I read that before you provided same.
I've studied a number of sources.

The web includes FDR, Hopkins, as well as Jordan.

The total points clearly to Jordan as being correct.

"The INFAMOUS COURTSHIP OF A POLITICIAN AND A REVOLUTIONIST-ROOSEVELT AND STALIN" by Robert Nisbet is a must read on this topic. He is as critical of Roosevelt as anyone, but he makes different conclusions as to why Roosevelt gave so much support to Stalin. Nisbet documents the foolishness of Roosevelt. He uses scholarly methods to track and trace sources. His work is not a conspiracy book. It is a work accepted by historians written by a scholar with impeccable credentials. Roosevelt is portrayed as an overconfident man who thought he could change and control Stalin, had little concern or care about what happened to Eastern Europe after the war and ignored the wisdom of Winston Churchill. He paints Roosevelt as a appeaser who attempted to influence Stalin with kindness, friendship and charm. Churchill went along with the program until 1943 when he determined Stalin was just an evil man who would never change. He failed to convince Roosevelt and Nisbet documents how Roosevelt's refusal and failure to see the light was the cause of a change and a wound in the Churhill and Roosevelt relationship that would never heal.
I happen to prefer the Nisbet ideas and conclusions over the McCarthy Soviet controlled the USA ideas. Nisbet was a scholar, McCarthy was fanatical, delusional nut job with a huge dose of unethical evilness about him.

sounds like an interesting book.will have to check it out.thanks.

Forum List

Back