Why did 9/11 happen

• US support for Israel

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Extremists didn't like US democracy

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Some other reason - explain in post

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
I believe the attacks occurred because elements within our government allowed them to for their own motives..but the motive of the middle eastern terrorist in general is a direct result of military aid to Israel and our interference in sovereign Islamic nations

I agree entirely. The attacks of 9/11 obviously allowed the neocons of the Bush administration to push the foreign policy objectives they lusted for--namely, removal of Sadam Hussein from Iraqi leadership, destabilization of Middle Eastern governments, and a good hefty profit windfall for the defense industry. The turmoil in the ME also allowed petroleum prices to skyrocket, futher adding to corporate profits.

For the Bush family and their cronies, 9-11 was "the triple crown," as GW admitted later. It also saved a Bush presidency that was rapidly losing support among the citizenry.

Intelligence agencies--not just American--identified these aspiring terrorists and led them along the path to this act. This explains the strange series of "missteps" that were identied in various federal agencies.

Also, never ever forget that GW declined to be interviewed by the Commission without the presence of Cheney at his side--also, no official record of the meeting was allowed.

Americans are great fools for allowing this event to go unpunished.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHvF8L9ulqA]Ray Stevens - Osama (Yo' Mama) - YouTube[/ame]

Leaving aside tin foil hat jobs, more informed claims of US naughtiness and sticking to the official line of OBL and Islamic extremists murdering thousands.
Why do you think the US was attacked that day?
My humble opinion is, it was a retaliation because of US support for Israel.
If so, then the -root- cause is the hatred of Israel by Muslim extremists.

Leaving aside tin foil hat jobs, more informed claims of US naughtiness and sticking to the official line of OBL and Islamic extremists murdering thousands.

At least one posters disagrees with that.

Perhaps posters would like to share their opinions.

We were attacked that day because there are a lot of people overseas that really don't like us. Whether they are justified or not in their dislike is up for debate.

I think I've established myself as someone who disagrees with Israel and her policies and even her rationale for existing.

That said, when Usama bin Laden listed his reasons for his attacks on the US, Israel was third on the list after US military presense in the Saudi holy lands and our continued economic sanctions on Iraq. It was almost like he was throwing that in as an afterthough. "Oh, yeah, we're mad about that, too!"

Bin Laden wanted the US to get involved in wars in the middle east to bleed us just enough where we'd stop doing that kind of thing. And he's probably succeeded. After Iraq and Afghanistan, I think any politician who'd want another middle east war would be flogged.

Very reflective post. It got me to thinking, that, in the end, Osama Bin Laden may very well be seen by history as having accomplished his goal. The United States will have not succeeded in the war, as it now does look to be unravelling, and the economic pressure of the conflict drained us to a state that even now we are suffering.

I don't believe that we have yet hit bottom as a result of all that this conflict and surrounding economic challenges within our nation, tied directly or indirectly to this struggle, has delivered.

With a growing muslim population and third world presence in our nation, is it too far fetched to believe that in 2050, with China ascendant, and the United States posibbly but another player, 9/11 could be not just memorialized any longer, but "celebrated diversely?"

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Regardless if it was our democracy or our support of Israel, it was hatred. And something this earth can do without. There were 3000 victims in that demonstration of hatred and just what did it change? Nothing. I consider it a failed attack from a failed and useless entity.

We are spending 2 billion dollars a week ( 800 million of it borrowed ) in Aphganistan.

Seems to me if their plan was to bankrupt us, theyre winning.

all of the above can be true

The American government generously tried help bring Muslims into the 20th century by putting the Shah in power. Muslims didn't want that and the rest is history.

after 21 years of research on this topic, i also have to conclude (for now), that it's allied support for Israel that caused 9/11, and Oct 7th, as a "response to western aggression" by fanatic Muslims.

Without tinfoil none of your choices are acceptable. 9/11 happened because neocons needed a Pearl harbor type event to drum up public support for their foreign policy. It had the added bonus of Americans believing that we need tyranny to keep us safe.

Because some Radical Islamists cant produce anything of value to compete with the United States, so they've decided to attack us for political power.

Osama bin Laden? He said he didn't want US troops in Arabia and hated our support of Israel. He also hated the Saudis for revoking his citizenship in 1992.

It happened because we suppored not only Isreal but also every evil dictator 8n the middle east.
On top of that, they saw an image of how Americans live on TV. They imagined we all lived in homes like they saw in Malibu.

Just last week I read that even Europeans think that most Americans live in houses as depicted in home alone. The fact is, the house portrayed in home alone require an annual income of $750,000 to live in.
Yes, Hollywood was as responsible as our policies.

The American government generously tried help bring Muslims into the 20th century by putting the Shah in power. Muslims didn't want that and the rest is history.
The Shah was a brutal guy. Iranians were very poor . All the oil money went to the Shah and his friends . Plus, the US set up the Savak.

The US was attacked because the Muslim religion believes
Death to America
Death to infidels.
America is the Great Satan

Why did 9/11 happen?​

Because of Saudi support for America and US troops stationed in Saudi Arabia and in the gulf.

Aq number 1 target was the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Always keep in mind the overwhelming majority of victims of groups like Al-Qaeda and isil have been Muslims.

Forum List

Back