Why cut money on health expenditures?

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
** Wasn't SARS enough of a wakeup call? **

"The federal government is putting people at risk with plans to cut spending on an already stretched-to-the-limit public health-care system, the Canadian Medical Association said yesterday."

"Warnings about the poor state of the public health system have gone unheeded by all governments, he told MPs. "Instead of addressing the issue, things went from bad to worse."

"And now government spending estimates suggest that worrying trend could continue, Patel said. Those documents show expenditures on public health dropping to less than $308 million in 2005-2006 from $433 million in the current fiscal year."

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...456&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154

You should talk. At least members of the Canadian government complain about cutting on public spending on healthcare; To the extent of my knowledge, the Bush government is doing much the same, but no-one seems to care in *his* government. Wasn't SARS enough of a wakeup call?

So, complain and get things out in the open (as the CMA did), and you risk ridicule on your country. I don't think your post was very well thought-through, I'm sorry to say.

JimNYC, shall we say I allow you one reply to this, after which we both post a message saying that this topic is closed? It's not at all that interesting, and the tone of the first article just seems to invite to Canada-bashing, not to discuss (the quality of) public health care in general. Unless you wish change the topic of this thread to 'public health care in general'. (Which seems to be excellent in Cuba, by the way, despite the fact that Fidel Castro is a despicable dictator.) Only, then it would be under the wrong header.

Originally posted by Sietse
JimNYC, shall we say I allow you one reply to this, after which we both post a message saying that this topic is closed? It's not at all that interesting, and the tone of the first article just seems to invite to Canada-bashing, not to discuss (the quality of) public health care in general. Unless you wish change the topic of this thread to 'public health care in general'. (Which seems to be excellent in Cuba, by the way, despite the fact that Fidel Castro is a despicable dictator.) Only, then it would be under the wrong header.

Shall we say I'll post where ever and whenever I like? The post topic will stay and you'll still survive.

Furthermore, the title of the thread AND the quotes in my post were taken directly from the article I posted. Why don't you complain to the writer. Either way I really don't give a shit what you think.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
Hmmm.... interesting.

I think you have an obsessed fan, Jim.

Yes, interesting that this person decided to just open some old threads and specifically call me out. No need to read the first few pages of current events, let's go to the back pages and discuss 4 month old threads. Looks like someone has been here before...

And I stand by the original post and it's intent. When you have health issues plaguing your country, that's probably not the best time to cut spending on health care.

I didn't look at the date until you posted your last post jimmynyc. I was ging to comment on it, but I think it's kind of a dead issue right now anyway - why bring it up? I find myself getting defensive over Canada bashing myself, but I always stop myself and try to remember the amount of USA bashing that goes on here, and how most Americans here seem to take with a grain of salt :clap:

Originally posted by Said1
I didn't look at the date until you posted your last post jimmynyc. I was ging to comment on it, but I think it's kind of a dead issue right now anyway - why bring it up? I find myself getting defensive over Canada bashing myself, but I always stop myself and try to remember the amount of USA bashing that goes on here, and how most Americans here seem to take with a grain of salt :clap:

This was a legit thread back then with genuine concerns. I wouldn't read older threads where arguing was going on with someone who's sole purpose of being here was to agitate and disrupt the board, and then use that as a basis for our feelings about Canada or it's citizens.

Threads of late I think give a better idea of how people really feel. Less barbs when the participants are a bit more civil.

The twit "Vyxen" was banned from this board with 3 different usernames and had a friend/husband (Man of 1951) who posted here as well with the identical IP address. It was quite obvious whoe the troubled users were and they were sent packing. There really hasn't been any bad threads or blood here since.

A new user registers here. Picks out a 4 month old thread that is at least 7 pages of people throwing names back and forth and decides to ride me for it. He then opens another 4 month old thread and again throws his jabs at me. It's kind of obvious to say the least.

I have no problem with Canada other than I don't like your hockey teams! Then again, Being a Rangers fan I don't like the majority of the NHL.

A new user registers here. Picks out a 4 month old thread that is at least 7 pages of people throwing names back and forth and decides to ride me for it. He then opens another 4 month old thread and again throws his jabs at me. It's kind of obvious to say the least.

No kidding. :D

Jim there is one explination... your a freak magnet. wierdos flock to you for some reason!
jsut do me a favor and keep it over there in NY as we have enough of them right here in Iowa

:laugh::laugh:

Forum List

Back