Canada easing medical marijuana laws

Discussion in 'Canada' started by jimnyc, Oct 7, 2003.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
  2. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice pipe! here's one of their pages on WEED! :)

Weed!

3. Bry

Bry Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Would any of you seriously argue that marijuana should remain illegal as opposed to such known killers as alcohol and tobacco? Have you seen the stats on college kids drinking themselves to death, not to mention the rodtundity of the average football fan's beer belly? Ever heard of anyone smoking themselves to death?

BTW, I read a report about the reactions of some of the patients that are actually enrolled in the program to provide marijuana by perscription. They were quite angry at the quality of the government's product, calling it disgusting and inconsumable and many were demanding a refund.

The government is apparently producing their weed under contract in the deep dark depths of an abandoned mine. I guess they don't want any unwelcome locals trimming their crop.

Funny picture, thanks for posting it.

-Bry

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I won't argue over the aspects of whether or not is should be totally legalized. I just found it funny that most of those who are complaining or protesting are drug abusers, and not medical patients.

I read the same article as you concerning the quality of the governments dope. Again, druggie speak about how hight it will get them! What should be of concern is whether or not it helps patients deal with their suffering.

That would be hilarious if a "Bill and Ted" duo were to make off with a couple tons of their secret stash!

5. Bry

Bry Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    LOL

Maybe that is the lesson to be taken from this:

Legal Weed Sucks

Protect fat buds and good times!!!
    Fight to keep Marijuana illegal!!!

6. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    So true! Illegal drugs have always been better quality than those that are regulated.

Damn, you should email that slogan to a few in Canada, I think it's perfect! LOL

7. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I am totally for the legalization of marijuana and hemp products. I think if the tobacco companies were smart, they would be pushing for it too. They would lose some tobacco profits, but they would profit much more on being able to sell the remainder of the MJ plant for manufacturing purposes.

LEGALIZE IT!!!

8. Bry

Bry Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You crack me up, jeff. Just when I think I got you figured out...

LOL

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    This is one of the few issues where I stray from the GOP party line... I am a small 'l' libertairian at heart - I believe that the Constitution, above all else, protects individual liberties, both social and economic.

10. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Personally I think the US officials and detractors are making much ado about nothing. If these patients think pot helps there sickness that all the more power too them. In complete honestly, if they grow it themselves (which they can now do), they cause less of a financial impact on our already over-burdenned health care system. It may be a placebo, but who are we to argue it isn't.

Frankly with the whole pot issue i think it's silly. Alchohol is more addictive and causes more social ills than pot beyond the organized crime issues (which could be easily eliminated with legalization). When was the last time you heard of a person breaking out into a pot-smoking rage trashing everything in sight... probably not so frequently.

If people want to sedate themselves and maybe damage their brains, go ahead. I personally doubt if pot is that great of a personal health concern in small infrequent uses although i do not profess to be a medical expert. I say legalize the whole thing and at least eliminate the organized crime angle of the whole thing.

Plus.... ya never know. Canadian tourism could soar. ;)