Why Chris Christie is a bad idea for the GOP.

You guys do realize that if you harass all the RINOs until they're blue in the face that even skilled Gerrymandering and money won't be able to hold the national republican party together, eh?

uh huh and you do realize that if you force all of the blue dogs to vote against their own inclinations and those they serve you'll lose the house, senate seats and governorships?....oh wait...:eusa_think:

The most disconcerting thing in American Politics today is how the TEA Party extremism in the Republican party is affecting the make up of BOTH parties.

There's been enough of us "RINO's" chased from the republican rank and file by extremism to make the democrats a much better reflection of the mainstream now than they've ever been.

:dunno: Why can't the T's see how dangerous that is?

if you're drawing an analogy ala the TP like pelosi did, chase the 'moderates' form the gop ranks, yea, ok, I can see your point in that as purely a political matter.

Thats leaves the practical....pelosi used them as cannon fodder for .......?

Obamacare..........And hows that going?

There is something of a war going on in the gop, and undeniably part of it is with the Establishment, the TP has woken up/was born ( yes that was their main platform from which it was born) that the left Establishment then, the power brokers reid pelosi led their folks astray and the gops, mcconnell and boehner have done same to theirs and whats more, imho since 2001 the est. on both sides has flat out sucked for both.

If one was/is truly moderate than I would hope they would see that, imho the social wars have been a clever slight of hand, what they did with obamacare flushed the mods, becasue it wasn't a moderate bill or, whats more- a moderate way to go about it............

I believe Christie is good for the GOP because he does not stand for either the establishment or the TP. He is his own man and will fight for what makes sense for the situation that arises. It may lean either way. This stance will require each member of the party to go out of their comfort zone and start thinking what is right for the country rather than their personal ideologue. I perfect exercise for a growing statesman.

Last edited:
I believe Christie is good for the GOP because he does not stand for either the establishment or the TP. He is his own man and will fight for what makes sense for the situation that arises. It may lean either way. This stance will require each member of the party to go out of their comfort zone and start thinking what is right for the country rather than their personal ideologue. I perfect exercise for a growing statesman.

I agree. Any kind of collective lockstep is invariably a negative. That's where the RINO (or DINO) mentality comes from. I might not like Christie's politics but at least I get the impression that they're open to debate without having to call Grover Norquist first to let him know what he thinks.

uh huh and you do realize that if you force all of the blue dogs to vote against their own inclinations and those they serve you'll lose the house, senate seats and governorships?....oh wait...:eusa_think:

The most disconcerting thing in American Politics today is how the TEA Party extremism in the Republican party is affecting the make up of BOTH parties.

There's been enough of us "RINO's" chased from the republican rank and file by extremism to make the democrats a much better reflection of the mainstream now than they've ever been.

if you're drawing an analogy ala the TP like pelosi did, chase the 'moderates' form the gop ranks, yea, ok, I can see your point in that as purely a political matter.

There is something of a war going on in the gop, and undeniably part of it is with the Establishment, the TP has woken up/was born ( yes that was their main platform from which it was born) that the left Establishment then, the power brokers reid pelosi led their folks astray and the gops, mcconnell and boehner have done same to theirs and whats more, imho since 2001 the est. on both sides has flat out sucked for both.

If one was/is truly moderate than I would hope they would see that, imho the social wars have been a clever slight of hand, what they did with obamacare flushed the mods, becasue it wasn't a moderate bill or, whats more- a moderate way to go about it............

Not specifics, Bud... I could give a rats ass about Pelosi and her canon fodder. My point is that if things keep on going the way they have been, the Republicans are going to be left with only the extremists and the clueless to choose from on the national level.

If the thought of compromising with democrats creates such animosity among the T's that they're willing to shut down the moderates in their own party and chase them off as RINO's, I can't imagine the venom that will flow when they back themselves in to the inevitable corner of one-party rule.

Easiest example that comes to mind for this average Florida boy is Charlie Christ.

Country before Party makes a certain amount of sense to this average Joe. But maybe that's just me.

`

Not specifics, Bud... I could give a rats ass about Pelosi and her canon fodder. My point is that if things keep on going the way they have been, the Republicans are going to be left with only the extremists and the clueless to choose from on the national level.

so it doesn't bother you she did pretty much what your accusing the TP of doing:eusa_eh:

If the thought of compromising with democrats creates such animosity among the T's that they're willing to shut down the moderates in their own party and chase them off as RINO's, I can't imagine the venom that will flow when they back themselves in to the inevitable corner of one-party rule.

Easiest example that comes to mind for this average Florida boy is Charlie Christ.

I think they a) are suspicious of their own est. types, I know I am, b) has it occurred to you that maybe all thats left after pelosi ordered the charge of the blue dog brigade are the pelosi types, at the senior democratic positions in the house committees?

Put those 2 things together and their angst is understandable.

Oh and as far as compromise? I didn't see whole lot of that in 09 before the TP and 10....and, Reid is a compromiser?

so it doesn't bother you she did pretty much what your accusing the TP of doing:eusa_eh:

I think they a) are suspicious of their own est. types, I know I am, b) has it occurred to you that maybe all thats left after pelosi ordered the charge of the blue dog brigade are the pelosi types, at the senior democratic positions in the house committees?

Oh and as far as compromise? I didn't see whole lot of that in 09 before the TP and 10....and, Reid is a compromiser?

Not in the context of a thread discussing what a refreshing change it is that a moderate voice in the GOP is finally rising above the din.

If you want to start a thread about Nancy being as extreme on the left as the TP is on the right, I'll probably find it an interesting read and I'd probably find a post or two to rep you on, but this thread is all about the GOP and THEIR rising stars.

Not in the context of a thread discussing what a refreshing change it is that a moderate voice in the GOP is finally rising above the din.

I was following the flow Joe.....whats 'moderate' or centrist is usually delineated by the edges.....

If you want to start a thread about Nancy being as extreme on the left as the TP is on the right, I'll probably find it an interesting read and I'd probably find a post or two to rep you on, but this thread is all about the GOP and THEIR rising stars.

if you didn't want to discuss this anymore, you needn't have answered....

Forum List

Back