Why can't Trump be pleasant enough as a person for his celebrity peers to cheer him on?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Think about that for a moment. There's no shortage of Republican singers and performers. Could he not have been decent enough to get Dennis Miller to do a stand up routine? Would Kidd Rock really not rap a little sumpin' sumpin'? Avenged Sevenfold are Republican too. Is Charlie Daniels not entertaining enough? What about Styx? Jon Bon Jovi, yep, he is too. The Beach Boys are in the GOP, for Christ's sake! It doesn't get more archetypally "American, mom and apple pie" that them.

For the Trump inauguration events, USA Today reports:

While there are many official and unofficial balls and parties during the weekend, Trump will only be attending Liberty and Freedom: The Official Presidential Inaugural Balls and the Salute to Our Armed Services Ball. Confirmed artists for the Liberty Balls include:
  • Tim Rushlow and his Big Band - I'm sure he does a fine rendition of "In the Mood," and I do like that song. I'd even say I'll rue not going if the event turns out to be like this...

• Sam Moore
  • Silhouettes
  • The Rockettes
  • Pelican 212
  • The Piano Guys
  • Circus 1903 -- These folks put on a really entertaining show and I know they are innovators of the circus. That said, I don't think this is what folks have in mind when they say they rue Ringling's decision not to have elephants.

Will he have the high wire performers deported?

I cannot help but wonder, is "1903" a reference to the time when America was great as per Trump?

• Cache Olson -- Is this is who he got instead of the Chainsmokers? Seriously? Not one world class DJ would do one of his inaugural parties?

Why is this so shocking? "So what?", you ask. Well, because Ivanka Trump is well acquainted with Paris Hilton, who is these days among the top professional DJs. The degrees of separation aren't so much as six. For people on the "saintly circuit" -- Sts. Tropez, Moritz, Barts, Lucia, Kitts, plus Telluride, Ibiza, Cannes, F1 events, etc. -- sooner or later you'll find yourself at a party she's DJ-ing. That was Ivanka's lifestyle, and still is albeit a bit less raucous, and all it should have taken was a phone call. I'm not saying Trump needed to pony up the million dollar fees top DJs command, but c'mon. Then again, with all the millions he didn't spend on his campaign, he should have lots of ready cash to toss some three over the top balls.
  • Lexi Walker -- Is she not a fictional character from a sci-fi TV show called Falling Skies?
  • Erin Boheme
  • Tony Orlando -- What's he going to do? Geraldo Rivera impersonations?

celeb-apprentice-leeza-geraldo.jpg

ce54e7ed97e042f55d6907f3045f3b9e.jpg

• Josh Weathers -- This guy's got a nice sound and style. I'd love to see him perform...at a local club when I go out with associates for after work "chillaxing." The has original covers (there's an oxymoron for ya) of pretty much every song you've ever heard of. That's what he is; he's a cover artist. And he's a decent one. That makes him fantastic for your wedding reception, your July Fourth cookout, a random party you want to throw, etc., but not so much for an inauguration. People will nonetheless be charitable and make the best of it.

Who? Should he have rubbed butter on hand or something? I'm not saying those folks aren't good. They are good. But tell me this, when you pay $60 or $600 or $6K to go to a party, wouldn't you like to have some entertainers with whom you are familiar? Even just one who does but a five minute gig?

Given the number of barely known acts he's signed, maybe he signed a deal with a recording studio to try to boost these people's recognition/careers? Donald Trump, Commander and Booking Agent in Chief.

Facetiousness aside...Really? Look at all the Republican artists there are and who apparently won't be performing. That just doesn't even make sense. Trump had better be holding some seriously big acts close to his chest so it's a big surprise when they appear at his events.

George W. Bush had decent acts. Kelly Clarkson, a Republican, didn't detest Obama so much that she wouldn't sing at his inauguration. How is it "The Celebrity" POTUS seems to buy talent. How hard can it be? "I'll pay you a sh*tload of money to perform at an event." Everyone has a price, even big name musical talent, and none of them have a price that is anything but chump change to a billionaire.

At the end of the day, I don't think Trump's policy positions are why performers are staying away. It think it's the widespread agreement that as a man, Trump's just a self-serving prick who's used his wealth and bullying skills to inure himself among decent society. He was doing it as a kid and he hasn't changed.

Most Americans don't attend these shindigs and frankly, don't care who performs at them. As for those who follow such things, let them use this lack of A listers performing, as proof that Trump is a bad man. hoohum

By the way, aren't you the one who was complaining the other day about all the inane discussions here?!

Most Americans don't attend these shindigs and frankly, don't care who performs at them. As for those who follow such things, let them use this lack of A listers performing, as proof that Trump is a bad man. hoohum

By the way, aren't you the one who was complaining the other day about all the inane discussions here?!
Inane discussions on a discussion board? Who would have thunk?

Hollywood will get back at anyone who dares to show up for this.
I remember the Hollywood Blacklist. They made movies about it.
Now they're blacklisting people who are patriotic.
Does this make them better people than those who blacklisted actors in the 50s and 60s?
Hardly.

Despite his being extraordinarily wealthy, I believe Trump is a Man of The People..... Or at the very least, HE thinks he is.

I would tend to look at the lack of 'celebrities' as a sign that he doesn't care about the 'elites' anymore.

Anybody remember all the 'charity' events staged by worn-out, old, has-been celebrities over the years?

I do. Remember the 'Farm Aid' bull shit? Remember all the old washed-up 'celebrities' that would manage to show up for virtually all those type of events?

Same here.

I could not give a flying fuck less about 'celebrities' In fact, I don't like them very much at all.

The vast majority of them appear at these type events to boost their own sagging careers, not to do a service for whoever they're supposed to be appearing. A couple of them actually care...... Most do not.

There's even been a couple in the past that didn't even know where they were or what they were doing there.

Am I cynical? Yes. But I've seen too much of these 'celebrity' types to give a shit about them

Most people on the right think Hollywood types are way out there drug and booze soaked hypocrites. I never even knew celebs attended the festivities or even that there was inaugural balls. Why should I care about something like that or who celebs like or don't like?

Most movies suck these days anyway, written for kids so they are way overpayed for what they do. It would be a lot better if a bunch of phonies didn't show up with their plastic smiles and their plastic souls anyway.

Celebrities?? Peers??

Since when are celebrities anyone's peers??

They are a bunch of overpaid people playing other people for money. Or being paid to joke or sing or host events.

Nothing perish there at all. They are also people with a inflated view of how valued they think they are. And how valued their opinion is. Talk about super ego's.

They all need a reality check big time.

Celebrities?? Peers??

Since when are celebrities anyone's peers??

They are a bunch of overpaid people playing other people for money. Or being paid to joke or sing or host events.

Nothing perish there at all. They are also people with a inflated view of how valued they think they are. And how valued their opinion is. Talk about out of bounds ego's.

They all need a reality check big time.

One note -- It's not always their fault. They are often made that way by groupies and adoring, moronic fans and the DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media.

But you are essentially correct.

If you could somehow become extremely famous for the ability flatulate the National Anthem, the DISGUSTING FILTH would be seeking you out to ask your opinion on politics.

ETA: I mean the pronoun 'you' to represent the general public, not you personally

Hollywood will get back at anyone who dares to show up for this.
I remember the Hollywood Blacklist. They made movies about it.
Now they're blacklisting people who are patriotic.
Does this make them better people than those who blacklisted actors in the 50s and 60s?
Hardly.
Between the blacklist threats and the death threats a lot of performers don't want to take such chances. Many have children whose lives were threatened.

Well Toby Keith and those that were on last night sure didn't let those threats bother them at all.

One note -- It's not always their fault. They are often made that way by groupies and adoring, moronic fans and the DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media.
I imagine it - staying grounded and humble - must be extremely hard as a 'celebrity', but it is up to THEM to do so. No one MAKES them change into douche bags, thought I recognize that the money and fame can't help but change people to some extent.

Most people on the right think Hollywood types are way out there drug and booze soaked hypocrites. I never even knew celebs attended the festivities or even that there was inaugural balls. Why should I care about something like that or who celebs like or don't like?

Most movies suck these days anyway, written for kids so they are way overpayed for what they do. It would be a lot better if a bunch of phonies didn't show up with their plastic smiles and their plastic souls anyway.
The decadence in Hollywood is beyond what anyone could even imagine. Even if you saw it, you would not believe it.

Pedophilia is so rampant that it makes the Catholic Church scandal seem like a rated G event.

They are all so poisoned by sycophants and flatterers. Just to give you an idea of what that does to people, research the debauchery among the Roman emperors and see what false worship does to people.

The left in Hollywood are so far gone. Anyone that does not see things the way they do and all of people in their echo chambers, they are committed to taking out. They are so drunk on themselves and so obsessed with each others approval, that it is well beyond hope.

They are fucking vicious and merciless piles of decadent shit. Ahhhh, but their little fans that hang on every word of those heathens are worse. Far worse.

The decadence in Hollywood is beyond what anyone could even imagine. Even if you saw it, you would not believe it.

Pedophilia is so rampant that it makes the Catholic Church scandal seem like a rated G event.

They are all so poisoned by sycophants and flatterers. Just to give you an idea of what that does to people, research the debauchery among the Roman emperors and see what false worship does to people.

The left in Hollywood are so far gone. Anyone that does not see things the way they do and all of people in their echo chambers, they are committed to taking out. They are so drunk on themselves and so obsessed with each others approval, that it is well beyond hope.

They are fucking vicious and merciless piles of decadent shit. Ahhhh, but their little fans that hang on every word of those heathens are worse. Far worse.
Don't keep it all bottled up, tell us how you really feel!

The only "performer" Trump (or anybody else) needs at the Inauguration:

echo.jpg

It's cheap, sounds great, plays just about any music you wanna hear and doesn't bitch and moan all the time.....

Despite his being extraordinarily wealthy, I believe Trump is a Man of The People..... Or at the very least, HE thinks he is.

I would tend to look at the lack of 'celebrities' as a sign that he doesn't care about the 'elites' anymore.

Anybody remember all the 'charity' events staged by worn-out, old, has-been celebrities over the years?

I do. Remember the 'Farm Aid' bull shit? Remember all the old washed-up 'celebrities' that would manage to show up for virtually all those type of events?

Same here.

I could not give a flying fuck less about 'celebrities' In fact, I don't like them very much at all.

The vast majority of them appear at these type events to boost their own sagging careers, not to do a service for whoever they're supposed to be appearing. A couple of them actually care...... Most do not.

There's even been a couple in the past that didn't even know where they were or what they were doing there.

Am I cynical? Yes. But I've seen too much of these 'celebrity' types to give a shit about them
Yup.....tough to accuse him of rubbing elbows with the rich if they're too scared to be seen with him. However, the Fake News prognosticators at CNN will still attempt to make that claim.

New Topics

Forum List

Back