Why Aren't You Boycotting New Zealand?

So, somehow we skipped discussing boycotting Myanmar for committing atrocities and went straight to blaming Israel again?
Your thread blew up in your face and you whine about blaming Israel. I find that both disturbing and telling.

Nothing blew up...you're concern for Myanmar ONLY perked up when you realized there could be some Israeli arms dealing. Pretty transparent if you ask me.

So, somehow we skipped discussing boycotting Myanmar for committing atrocities and went straight to blaming Israel again?
Your thread blew up in your face and you whine about blaming Israel. I find that both disturbing and telling.

My thread blew up in my face? Seems to me that this thread is indicating that MANY countries should be boycotted if one was being fair and equal. And the hypocrisy of those boycotting only Israel is ASTOUNDING.

The accusations against Israel concerning Myanmar are mostly sourced from one Haaretz article which makes accusations, but I'm not entirely convinced they can back it up.

Israel certainly sold a patrol boat in 2015. It seems some other technology may have been directly accessed through an Israeli tech company. Israel has also declared a ban on selling weapons to Myanmar.

As opposed to China, Russia and Belarus who supply nearly everything.

So, to bring this back to the point of the thread, we all agree we should, at the least, be boycotting:

New Zealand, America, Myanmar, Russia, China, Belarus and Israel, right?

Times of India had it also and Haaretz had a followup - it at least merits a serious look.

But otherwise - I agree, the issue of boycotts is remarkably transparent....

My thread blew up in my face? Seems to me that this thread is indicating that MANY countries should be boycotted if one was being fair and equal. And the hypocrisy of those boycotting only Israel is ASTOUNDING.

The accusations against Israel concerning Myanmar are mostly sourced from one Haaretz article which makes accusations, but I'm not entirely convinced they can back it up.

Israel certainly sold a patrol boat in 2015. It seems some other technology may have been directly accessed through an Israeli tech company. Israel has also declared a ban on selling weapons to Myanmar.

As opposed to China, Russia and Belarus who supply nearly everything.

So, to bring this back to the point of the thread, we all agree we should, at the least, be boycotting:

New Zealand, America, Myanmar, Russia, China, Belarus and Israel, right?

Times of India had it also and Haaretz had a followup - it at least merits a serious look.

But otherwise - I agree, the issue of boycotts is remarkably transparent....

If I read it correctly, and its possible I did not, the Times of India article was directly sourced from the Haaretz article.

Why aren't you championing the right of the Maori people to violent resistance of invaders and colonialists?
Possibly because Maori men had a vote before all colonial men did. When you give the Palestinians whose lives you are controlling the vote you can complain about boycotts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back