Why aren't monkeys evolving now?

The fundamentalists have built their fortress around the Creation story in the book of Genesis. The theory of evolution is your battering ram and catapult. If you are to lay siege to the faith of so many, at least be prepared to defend what you say you believe in.

Tell me why monkeys are not still evolving into men. That is my first question. If you can answer that, I will ask more questions.

If you are not interested in this mental exercise, clear the room and don't distract the people who are interested.

Technically speaking it is APES that evolved into men. Some scientists argue that we should still classify men as apes because there is less genetic difference between us and the apes as there is between a horse and a mule. In fact, horses and mules share less DNA, yet they share the same genus.

The only reason they are classified together is because their common ancestor was shared only 2.5 million years ago, and they can still interbreed. Our common ancestor with the Chimpanzee was over 7 million years ago, and although we still share SO much more common DNA than the mule and the horse do, mostly because that DNA IS so beneficial, we cannot interbreed.

Why don't the Chimpanzees evolve into Humans? Well, that topic is sort of addressed in the popular movies like, "The Planet of the Apes."

And it is a well known axiom among evolutionary biologists. A new species will never evolve to replace a species that already occupies an ecological niche, unless it can out compete the existing species. Only once do we hypothesize that this happened.

Our species either out competed or interbred with the species Homo Neanderthalsis, more commonly known as the Neanderthals. So in answer to your question, YES, apes DID continue to evolve into humans once again, in a more superior way, and compete with the existing humans already on the planet. They either out competed with them, or interbred with them.

To answer your ORIGINAL QUESTION, "Where's the monkey (APE) who is smarter than the other monkeys (APES), who's trying to evolve into a man?

Well, there is actually one that is evolving, as we speak. Unfortunately, like I have intimated, the ecological niche of man is already taken. What would it take to evolve into man? Well, it would take resources that early man needed. Raw materials to fashion into tools. A safe and plentiful environment. An ability to be the apex predator.

Do you think any of these things are any longer available on the planet earth?

Fortunately, the Bonobos are a protected species. However, not enough of them exist any more, nor do they exist in large enough numbers isolated away from man's activities to evolve undisturbed. But aside from Chimpanzees and Dolphins, they truly do have their own culture. Even among the different tribes there are varying customs. Aside from Dolphins, we believe they are the only species besides man that uses sex as a social tool and for enjoyment.

They have language and use tools. Unlike the Chimpanzee or the Gorilla, they are a matriarchal society.

If you are interested, I would recommend the book, Kanzi The Ape at the Brink of the Human Mind Sue Savage-Rumbaugh 9780471159599 Amazon.com Books

Horses and mules interbreed? Fascinating. Where can I buy some of their puppies?

Again. Educate yourself. We don't know where or how 'life' begins. Any organic compound is a sign of life. Murchison meteorite - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia Organic compounds, it is theorized, were in the sea on Earth, and over billions of years evolved into aquatic life forms that evolved into terrestial life forms. Didn't you take any science classes in school?
Well then, since I have no education and am willing to learn, I need to know where the Earth came from. That might be a start, Captain Knowledge.
You are also not familiar with the big bang theory? Again, look it up, educate yourself.
And I need to know where the thing that went "bang" came from. Everything had to start somewhere so before there was anything, what started the process? This big bang is in the middle of the evolution.
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
Where is your empirical evidence of this?
Go ahead then genius, you explain the first cause.

LOL You need to educate yourself regarding the theory of evolution. All land creatures evolved from sea creatures coming on land.
So then, where did the sea creatures come from? I'm curious.
Again. Educate yourself. We don't know where or how 'life' begins. Any organic compound is a sign of life. Murchison meteorite - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia Organic compounds, it is theorized, were in the sea on Earth, and over billions of years evolved into aquatic life forms that evolved into terrestial life forms. Didn't you take any science classes in school?
Well then, since I have no education and am willing to learn, I need to know where the Earth came from. That might be a start, Captain Knowledge.
SolarNebula.jpg
That thing in the upper left, where did that come from?
See post #29

The fundamentalists have built their fortress around the Creation story in the book of Genesis. The theory of evolution is your battering ram and catapult. If you are to lay siege to the faith of so many, at least be prepared to defend what you say you believe in.

Tell me why monkeys are not still evolving into men. That is my first question. If you can answer that, I will ask more questions.

If you are not interested in this mental exercise, clear the room and don't distract the people who are interested.

Technically speaking it is APES that evolved into men. Some scientists argue that we should still classify men as apes because there is less genetic difference between us and the apes as there is between a horse and a mule. In fact, horses and mules share less DNA, yet they share the same genus.

The only reason they are classified together is because their common ancestor was shared only 2.5 million years ago, and they can still interbreed. Our common ancestor with the Chimpanzee was over 7 million years ago, and although we still share SO much more common DNA than the mule and the horse do, mostly because that DNA IS so beneficial, we cannot interbreed.

Why don't the Chimpanzees evolve into Humans? Well, that topic is sort of addressed in the popular movies like, "The Planet of the Apes."

And it is a well known axiom among evolutionary biologists. A new species will never evolve to replace a species that already occupies an ecological niche, unless it can out compete the existing species. Only once do we hypothesize that this happened.

Our species either out competed or interbred with the species Homo Neanderthalsis, more commonly known as the Neanderthals. So in answer to your question, YES, apes DID continue to evolve into humans once again, in a more superior way, and compete with the existing humans already on the planet. They either out competed with them, or interbred with them.

To answer your ORIGINAL QUESTION, "Where's the monkey (APE) who is smarter than the other monkeys (APES), who's trying to evolve into a man?

Well, there is actually one that is evolving, as we speak. Unfortunately, like I have intimated, the ecological niche of man is already taken. What would it take to evolve into man? Well, it would take resources that early man needed. Raw materials to fashion into tools. A safe and plentiful environment. An ability to be the apex predator.

Fortunately, the Bonobos are a protected species. However, not enough of them exist any more, nor do they exist in large enough numbers isolated away from man's activities to evolve undisturbed. But aside from Chimpanzees and Dolphins, they truly do have their own culture. Even among the different tribes there are varying customs. Aside from Dolphins, we believe they are the only species besides man that uses sex as a social tool and for enjoyment.

They have language and use tools. Unlike the Chimpanzee or the Gorilla, they are a matriarchal society.

If you are interested, I would recommend the book, Kanzi The Ape at the Brink of the Human Mind Sue Savage-Rumbaugh 9780471159599 Amazon.com Books

Horses and mules interbreed? Fascinating. Where can I buy some of their puppies?

Mules are sterile.

Mules are sterile.

My mistake, thank you. Confusing mule and donkey. My training is in Anthropology and
Primatology, not animal husbandry. lol

Mules are sterile.

My mistake, thank you. Confusing mule and donkey.

for the most part they are sterile

No scientist says we evolved from monkeys, but that we had a common ancestor.
Dolphins and whales evolved from land mammals.
Where are these common ancestors now? All buried and in the ground. Why did none of these half-monkey, half-men survive to the modern age? It seems awful convenient that none of them are around.
Because they became humans. Pay attention.

If man evolved from the monkey, then why are monkeys not still evolving?

Where's the monkey who is smarter than the other monkeys, who's trying to evolve into a man?

Why don't we see monkeys doing anything intelligent, like discovering fire, or inventing the wheel, or burying their dead with ceremonial ritual?

Has the evolutionary process stopped cold?
Looks like you can read and write, that's saying something.

Humans are evolving now. Monkeys are probably also evolving. Evolution takes places over thousands of years. For example, humans are larger than they used to be. Go to an ancient site and see the size of doorways, beds, clothing, etc. Humans are getting larger, physically.
Humans are getting larger because there's more meat in their diet. Go to a country where they still eat mostly corn and beans (Mexico) and you will see how small the people are, especially the Indian women.

Actually, we started eating meat because we got bigger and thinking there is a size difference between Mexican/Indian women and women who eat more meat is just silly.

It is true however that some human populations are getting larger.

And yes, evolution is continuing although, for RW fake Christians, not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

Monkeys are not evolving into human beings because human beings occupy the ecological niche for human beings. If we became extinct eventually a primate would evolve to become very similar to us.

Evolution is a slow process, but you can see minut steps occurring in evolution in every generation.

Look at DNA, if an offspring's DNA is different from its parents it is evolving. That is how it happens.

Some species go extinct.

Evolution is the most complete scientific theory we have to date.

If we didn't evolve from prehistoric life how did we get here?

Where are these common ancestors now? All buried and in the ground. Why did none of these half-monkey, half-men survive to the modern age? It seems awful convenient that none of them are around.
Watch some science shows or read scientific magazines.
People don't seem to be educated about or understand the theory of evolution.
Well, where in hell did the monkeys come from in the first place?
LOL You need to educate yourself regarding the theory of evolution. All land creatures evolved from sea creatures coming on land.
The evolved from lesser sea life, which evolved from single cell life which came from primordial soup, which was a pond if ameno acids, which may have been created by heat, light, water. Nobody really knows it even could have been the hand of God.

But just because we don't know exactly what it came from or how it became life doesn't mean the entire theory is rubbish, just that it is incomplete. Incomplete as it may be, it's a better theory than a man being made out of clay and magiced into existence even if you believe in God.

Watch some science shows or read scientific magazines.
People don't seem to be educated about or understand the theory of evolution.
Well, where in hell did the monkeys come from in the first place?
The evolved from lesser sea life, which evolved from single cell life which came from primordial soup, which was a pond if ameno acids, which may have been created by heat, light, water. Nobody really knows it even could have been the hand of God.

But just because we don't know exactly what it came from or how it became life doesn't mean the entire theory is rubbish, just that it is incomplete. Incomplete as it may be, it's a better theory than a man being made out of clay and magiced into existence even if you believe in God.
Believing in a fairy tale creator makes more sense to these people than scientific explanations. LOL

Forum List

Back