Why are white people the best actors & actresses?

Academy Awards second year in a row, 20 nomination slots, and as white as a Trump rally.

Any explanation?

Racism?

Climate change?
White people like watching white people?

I loved the Blade movies.
No one thinks that is real life though. For movies depicting history and everyday life people prefer to see themselves reflected in the characters and themes that make them feel comfortable.

I generally don't watch movies depicting history or everyday life.

Indeed, most big movies don't.

The Numbers - Top-Grossing Movies of 2015

Academy Awards second year in a row, 20 nomination slots, and as white as a Trump rally.

Any explanation?

Racism?

Climate change?

No one thinks that is real life though. For movies depicting history and everyday life people prefer to see themselves reflected in the characters and themes that make them feel comfortable.

Indeed. I have zero interest in watching a film about a drug-addled obese black girl in the ghetto trying to scrape up $200 for an abortion. There is no connection.

Any explanation?

Racism?

Climate change?

Indeed. I have zero interest in watching a film about a drug-addled obese black girl in the ghetto trying to scrape up $200 for an abortion. There is no connection.
I feel the same about watching white people paint themselves blue and exalt in being savages. Mystifying to me what white people get out of such movies.

Any explanation?

Racism?

Climate change?

They're not unless the Oscars are the arbiters of best.

Since they are human they cant be.

Why is Kaitlin Jenner the best person of 2015?

Any explanation?

Racism?

Climate change?

I feel the same about watching white people paint themselves blue and exalt in being savages. Mystifying to me what white people get out of such movies.

Well, those are my ancestors, so I was entertained. "Gangs of New York" was quite the lark too.

Well, those are my ancestors, so I was entertained. "Gangs of New York" was quite the lark too.
White people seem to love violence but swear up and down they are peaceful. I guess thats why they like those violent video games too.

NWA will be in the Rock and Roll hall of fame which means they are the best Rock and Rollers around according to the OP who follows blindly

White people seem to love violence but swear up and down they are peaceful. I guess thats why they like those violent video games too.

Yep. Violence filled entertainment and peaceful neighborhoods and lives.

YOu see Star Wars? It was all about a WAR! A whole planet was destroyed!

YOu ever go to a Star Wars convention? You know what doesn't happen there? Violence.

Good. Keep the dumbass blacks out of star wars. They to stupid to get it.

I don't think Jada Pinket Smith is a good actress. She's isn't bad either but is not good. She gets by. Her husband Will Smith is a cut above her but he is not a 'great' actor. There are some roles he does well because they fit his personality, but his range is extremely limited. And their son Jaden is a disaster. This kid isn't bad, he can't act. The fact his father has used his connections to get his son to 'star' in a few films is criminal artistically speaking. And none of this has to do with color, it has to do with lack of talent.

Denzel Washington is a superb actor. Sidney Poitier is a superb actor, James Earl Jones, Morgan Freeman, Forest Whitaker, Whoopi Goldberg, Cicely Tyson. It is very easy to spot the greats who deserve recognition because they are great actors.

Also the population in the US is about 64% white, 16% hispanic, 12% black, 5% asian... Black actors/actresses cannot expect to get nominated for 50% of awards. Hispanics have a better argument. Should it be more than 0%? Going by % yes, but going by talent of current rolls? It isn't science, it is art. I don't see anyone in the black community complaining about the ratio of whites to blacks in the pro-basketball or pro-football leagues even though by percentage the black population is way over represented.

The best argument regarding race I've heard re movies was by Julie Chen on The Talk tv show. She noted that in the movie The Karate Kid the main character was played by a white male, a white female, and a black male. THE KARATE KID. Of all movies wouldn't an asian male/female get this role?

There are many very wealthy black actors, producers, singers in the entertainment industry. Put together a studio and make the films you want to make. And let the market decide.

Yeah. That's terrible. They should be like ghetto thugs and do it in real life.

I have always thought Morgan Freeman to be an excellent actor!
As far as casting a black actor in a remake where the main character was white, I just don't think it works. I say this in the same way I would say that I would NOT go see a movie about Martin Luther King portrayed by a white actor. It just doesn't work.

I have always thought Morgan Freeman to be an excellent actor!
As far as casting a black actor in a remake where the main character was white, I just don't think it works. I say this in the same way I would say that I would NOT go see a movie about Martin Luther King portrayed by a white actor. It just doesn't work.
Freeman, Washington, Cuba Gooding...there are a few very good black actors. They just didn't make any Oscar worthy movies this year. Can we really blame the Academy for not thinking "Straight Outta Compton" was a good flick? Maybe the fella in Creed deserved a look, and Will Smith in Concussion. But, from what I read, Creed wasn't all that good and Smith kind of whiffed on that Nigerian accent thing.

Forum List

Back