Why are we so polarized?

An interesting article from BBC. I think sites like this, Brietbart, Daily Kos and the likes of Fox and MSNBC are first and foremost among the culprits. The internet has allowed us to accomplish a great deal, but the drawbacks are becoming more apparent with each passing year. Also, much of MSM has dropped it's impartiality in favor of gaining ratings with those who want news spun their way. I don't know if it will ever get better.

The MSM certainly seem to be the ones with the most to gain by the division.

Take a freeloader such as yourself, for example.

You told us you are going to vote Democrat because you want somebody else to subsidize your health insurance risk.

Freeloader? You are one of the biggest dipshits in this forum. I had insurance and I was forced out of the system by the insurance companies when I moved out of state. You are one stupid idiot. The funniest thing about it is that despite being considered high risk, I am healthier than 95% of Americans my age.

Now I do have insurance again, but I never come close to meeting my deductible. Oh, it isn't free either fuckwad.

This was your choice.

You want others to pay for the bad decisions you make, just like any other Leftist.

I am guessing your deductible is proportionate to the risk you bear to the company brave enough to insure you.

That's a funny statement when Republicans have made it more than clear that they are only working for the top 20% of income earners. Blaming everything on the poor like the cons do is embarrassing to say the least, especially when conservative policies have only made life that much harder for those at the lower end.

If you are an 'auditor', let's see if you are any good with numbers.

Are the 'poor' and middle class massively increasing their consumption / redistribution of government spending compared to what the contribute, historically speaking?

In fact, is this consumption of the public largess EXPLOSIVE and OUT OF CONTROL?

entitlements-historical-tax-levels-606.jpg

Hey dipshit, if you followed anything I have ever said in this forum, you would know I am a big supporter of raising the retirement age. Doing so solves all these long term cost problems and keeps everyone covered through the end of their lives.

Are the 'poor' and middle class massively increasing their consumption / redistribution of government spending compared to what the contribute, historically speaking?

Blaming everything on the poor like the cons do is embarrassing to say the least, especially when conservative policies have only made life that much harder for those at the lower end.

I doubt you have much of an idea of what a hard life really is. Anyone who has lived or traveled extensively outside of Europe, N America and Japan would find your last remark patently absurd.

We're not talking about the third world; we're talking about the United States of America, the greatest country on this planet that was built by working class Americans. Our current policies are such that the middle class is being squeezed and their numbers are dwindling while the super wealthy continue to increase their wealth exponentially. There is a tipping point where the middle class will begin to fight back, and we are there now.

It has a lot to do with the attitude of the President. I don't remember any other President calling other Americans 'the enemy'. The man just fucking sucks.

But he's funny.... not intentionally, I know... but that comment about having learned that he's supposed to work for ALL Americans made me laugh. The clue is in the job title. What a fucking doofus those borg elected.

That's a funny statement when Republicans have made it more than clear that they are only working for the top 20% of income earners. Blaming everything on the poor like the cons do is embarrassing to say the least, especially when conservative policies have only made life that much harder for those at the lower end.

Yes, it also was not the President who said that his number one goal was to get rid of them.

Blaming everything on the poor like the cons do is embarrassing to say the least, especially when conservative policies have only made life that much harder for those at the lower end.

I doubt you have much of an idea of what a hard life really is. Anyone who has lived or traveled extensively outside of Europe, N America and Japan would find your last remark patently absurd.

We're not talking about the third world; we're talking about the United States of America, the greatest country on this planet that was built by working class Americans. Our current policies are such that the middle class is being squeezed and their numbers are dwindling while the super wealthy continue to increase their wealth exponentially. There is a tipping point where the middle class will begin to fight back, and we are there now.

Oh lookie.

Another Libtard who wants to pretend wealth is a zero sum game.

Take a freeloader such as yourself, for example.

You told us you are going to vote Democrat because you want somebody else to subsidize your health insurance risk.

Freeloader? You are one of the biggest dipshits in this forum. I had insurance and I was forced out of the system by the insurance companies when I moved out of state. You are one stupid idiot. The funniest thing about it is that despite being considered high risk, I am healthier than 95% of Americans my age.

Now I do have insurance again, but I never come close to meeting my deductible. Oh, it isn't free either fuckwad.

This was your choice.

You want others to pay for the bad decisions you make, just like any other Leftist.

I am guessing your deductible is proportionate to the risk you bear to the company brave enough to insure you.

This is the reason I will never support a Republican again. Idiotic statements like this. It's my fault that I moved? I shouldn't be permitted to move within the US because I'll lose my insurance? What kind of fucking moron are you? HIPAA laws were enacted to prevent shit like this from happening, but they forgot to include those with individual policies. Of course, you are probably against the HIPAA laws too. You are obviously so stupid, you think that anyone who becomes a risk should no longer be permitted to buy insurance. What a nimrod you are. If insurance was only for healthy people, there would be no point of having it in the first place.

You're not even a conservative; you're just an idiot, plain and simple.

An interesting article from BBC. I think sites like this, Brietbart, Daily Kos and the likes of Fox and MSNBC are first and foremost among the culprits. The internet has allowed us to accomplish a great deal, but the drawbacks are becoming more apparent with each passing year. Also, much of MSM has dropped it's impartiality in favor of gaining ratings with those who want news spun their way. I don't know if it will ever get better.

The MSM certainly seem to be the ones with the most to gain by the division.

It's symbiotic. The media feeds on theater, so they create it - or more often happily consume it when it's created for them by the propaganda machine. But both wings of the authoritarian party thrive on the very same puppet theater, keeping everyone distracted over 'bitter partisan rivalry' that only ever focuses on the trivial and inconsequential.

It has a lot to do with the attitude of the President. I don't remember any other President calling other Americans 'the enemy'. The man just fucking sucks.

But he's funny.... not intentionally, I know... but that comment about having learned that he's supposed to work for ALL Americans made me laugh. The clue is in the job title. What a fucking doofus those borg elected.

What finally did it for me to seal the deal was this President's
complete disdain for the American Businessperson trying to make a go
of it in this brutal Obama economy.

His now famous rant mocking and disparaging people who he really needs
to thrive to get this economy going again he makes fun of.
This told me I was right in feeling he is totally incompetent in trying
to get this country where we need to be.

“If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

This was your choice.

This is the reason I will never support a Republican again. Idiotic statements like this. It's my fault that I moved? I shouldn't be permitted to move within the US because I'll lose my insurance? What kind of fucking moron are you? HIPAA laws were enacted to prevent shit like this from happening, but they forgot to include those with individual policies. Of course, you are probably against the HIPAA laws too. You are obviously so stupid, you think that anyone who becomes a risk should no longer be permitted to buy insurance. What a nimrod you are. If insurance was only for healthy people, there would be no point of having it in the first place.

It was your choice, and you want others to pay for the it.

The Constitution does not guarantee equal outcome, commie.

Oh lookie.

Oh lookie, another right wing batshit crazy moron who thinks everyone should work for minimum wage. You want to know why our economy sucks? Because the vast majority of people aren't making enough money to spend on consumer goods. We're shooting ourselves in the foot, but you like so many cons can't see it.

Oh lookie.

Oh lookie, another right wing batshit crazy moron who thinks everyone should work for minimum wage.
You want to know why our economy sucks? Because the vast majority of people aren't making enough money to spend on consumer goods. We're shooting ourselves in the foot, but you like so many cons can't see it.

Weak strawman.

You are getting your ass kicked.

LOL

This was your choice.

You are as stupid as stupid gets.

Oh lookie.

Oh lookie, another right wing batshit crazy moron who thinks everyone should work for minimum wage.
You want to know why our economy sucks? Because the vast majority of people aren't making enough money to spend on consumer goods. We're shooting ourselves in the foot, but you like so many cons can't see it.

Weak strawman.

You are getting your ass kicked.

LOL

By a loon? LMAO! You won't find many cons who will agree with your crazy ass on this one dipshit.

Drives you crazy when I point out your entitlement mindset, don't it?

LOL

“If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

So in other words, what "did it for you" is a completely made up lie.

Low threshold.

So you're basing your opinion on a right wing distortion of what he was really talking about.....Public works projects such as roads, rail, power lines and the Internet? I call Bullshit. I've been on here long enough to know that you've hated the guy the whole time....at least since I've been a member.

This is EXACTLY what the OP's article is talking about. Relying on information to support what you already believe and turning your back on everything else.

So you're basing your opinion on a right wing distortion of what he was really talking about.....Public works projects such as roads, rail, power lines and the Internet? I call Bullshit. I've been on here long enough to know that you've hated the guy the whole time....at least since I've been a member.

This is EXACTLY what the OP's article is talking about. Relying on information to support what you already believe and turning your back on everything else.

Why do you assume he bases his opinion on one quote?

Have you not seen polls and surveys which indicate that our wealth and job creators fear and loathe this Administration?

Drives you crazy when I point out your entitlement mindset, don't it?

LOL

Entitlement mindset? Based on what dipshit? I didn't go without insurance for years and then get sick and say it wasn't fair that I couldn't get it. In the dictionary, under the term stupid, they have your name listed.

Forum List

Back