Why are we so afraid of change?

Having multiple parties hurts, not helps. Think of it this way... right now, most people are only upset with who gets elected, half the time. Make 10 parties and now youre lucky if you get a candidate from your party in the next 40 years. Excessive political division isnt a good thing.
Youre an idiot. Not everyone is as dumb as you are. Clowns like you play right into the 2 party system. :laugh:
Says the guy who votes democrat. Are you fucking retarded or something? Do you even think about it before you post your moronic shit?
If retarded means brilliant then yes. What kind of ass clown advocates for less options? Youre a fucking fool.
laugh.gif
Says the guy who consistently votes for one of the 2 parties. I guess that's why the call you Mr 70 IQ.

Having multiple parties hurts, not helps. Think of it this way... right now, most people are only upset with who gets elected, half the time. Make 10 parties and now youre lucky if you get a candidate from your party in the next 40 years. Excessive political division isnt a good thing.
Youre an idiot. Not everyone is as dumb as you are. Clowns like you play right into the 2 party system. :laugh:
Says the guy who votes democrat. Are you fucking retarded or something? Do you even think about it before you post your moronic shit?
If retarded means brilliant then yes. What kind of ass clown advocates for less options? Youre a fucking fool.
laugh.gif
Says the guy who consistently votes for one of the 2 parties. I guess that's why the call you Mr 70 IQ.
Says the fucking clown that doesnt vote at all because there are too many options.
laugh.gif

"Conservatives for the most part fear change; liberals embrace change and thrive in it." CJ
I think that's an inaccurate oversimplification.

conservative (ken-sûr´ve-tîv) adjective
1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change. *

So we conservatives don't "fear change".
But we honor tradition. And we may resist gratuitous change.

* Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.

"Conservatives for the most part fear change; liberals embrace change and thrive in it." CJ
I think that's an inaccurate oversimplification.

1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change. *

So we conservatives don't "fear change".
But we honor tradition. And we may resist gratuitous change.

* Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.
You oppose change because you fear it. I think the statement got to the root of the issue.

"You oppose change because you fear it." #24
It's not clear to me whether by "you" you mean sear, or conservatives generally.

But it's nonsense.
For obvious example, while there are some isolationist conservatives, some conservatives are quite imaginative when keeping the U.S. military up to date.

There's no more extravagant waste than a 2nd rate military. Gen. Horner

"You oppose change because you fear it." #24
It's not clear to me whether by "you" you mean sear, or conservatives generally.

But it's nonsense.
For obvious example, while there are some isolationist conservatives, some conservatives are quite imaginative when keeping the U.S. military up to date.

There's no more extravagant waste than a 2nd rate military. Gen. Horner
In general. Conservatives fear social change.

"In general. Conservatives fear social change." A #27
a) I doubt you consider yourself conservative.

b) If you don't, then why are you presuming to represent our position?

c) You are CLEARLY wrong on this.

According to AHD the word "fear", the specific word YOU continue to use, is not in ANY of the definitions AHD lists.

You are literally making it up. And you are wrong.

1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.
4. a. Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism. b. Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.
5. Conservative. Of or belonging to the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
6. Conservative. Of or adhering to Conservative Judaism.
7. Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.

noun
1. One favoring traditional views and values.
2. A supporter of political conservatism.
3. ConservativeAbbr. C. A member or supporter of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
4. Archaic. A preservative agent or principle.
- conser´vatively adverb
- conser´vativeness noun

Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.

"In general. Conservatives fear social change." A #27
a) I doubt you consider yourself conservative.

b) If you don't, then why are you presuming to represent our position?

c) You are CLEARLY wrong on this.

According to AHD the word "fear", the specific word YOU continue to use, is not in ANY of the definitions AHD lists.

You are literally making it up. And you are wrong.

1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.
4. a. Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism. b. Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.
5. Conservative. Of or belonging to the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
6. Conservative. Of or adhering to Conservative Judaism.
7. Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.

noun
1. One favoring traditional views and values.
2. A supporter of political conservatism.
3. ConservativeAbbr. C. A member or supporter of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
4. Archaic. A preservative agent or principle.
- conser´vatively adverb
- conser´vativeness noun

Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.
I'm conservative in quite a number of my views.

I'm not representing your position. I'm telling you what your position is.

I am obviously correct about conservatives.

The word fear may not be in the AHD but it is in Websters.

1fear
verb \ˈfir\
: to be afraid of (something or someone)

: to expect or worry about (something bad or unpleasant)

: to be afraid and worried

"I'm telling you what your position is." A #29
I'm perfectly capable of stating my position.

AHD does define "fear". But the word "fear" is not in any of AHD's definitions of "conservative".
"I am obviously correct about conservatives." A
44a259045d6bc18697b7bc4ddaaf002acfc7ea0.gif

You can't even get the definition right!

"I'm telling you what your position is." A #29
I'm perfectly capable of stating my position.

AHD does define "fear". But the word "fear" is not in any of AHD's definitions of "conservative".
"I am obviously correct about conservatives." A
44a259045d6bc18697b7bc4ddaaf002acfc7ea0.gif

You can't even get the definition right!
Who said the word fear was in the definition of conservative?

I said you oppose because you fear.

Forum List

Back