Why are we so afraid of change?

IronFist

May 26, 2015
Seriously, why? Why do we still have that obnoxious two party system where the parties don't differ at all? Yeah, the Republican party is a little bit more conservative and the Democrat party is a little more liberal but it is so far away from the real democracy. Just look at those candidates, both parties have liberal and conservative ones so what's the point of pretending they 'belong' to these parties? We don't have any political parties in fact, it's just one huge circlejerk. We have a long way towards the real European democracy with different opinions and believes.

Europe's parliamentary system is a circle-jerk in its own right, and, at times, it can be impossible to get even the most basic things done.

Having multiple parties hurts, not helps. Think of it this way... right now, most people are only upset with who gets elected, half the time. Make 10 parties and now youre lucky if you get a candidate from your party in the next 40 years. Excessive political division isnt a good thing.

Seriously, why? Why do we still have that obnoxious two party system where the parties don't differ at all? Yeah, the Republican party is a little bit more conservative and the Democrat party is a little more liberal but it is so far away from the real democracy. Just look at those candidates, both parties have liberal and conservative ones so what's the point of pretending they 'belong' to these parties? We don't have any political parties in fact, it's just one huge circlejerk. We have a long way towards the real European democracy with different opinions and believes.
Conservatives for the most part fear change; liberals embrace change and thrive in it.

Most conservatives fear change because they incorrectly perceive it as a 'threat' to their status in society and their economic well-being, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Moreover, most conservatives are ideologues, adhering blindly to sanctioned rightwing doctrine and dogma – change has the effect of undermining that doctrine and dogma, exposing the faults and failings of conservative ideology.

And for social conservatives and the religious right, change is perceived as a threat their religious doctrine and dogma, the social right's unwarranted fear and hostility toward same-sex couples accessing marriage law being among the most recent examples.

Reactionaryism and fear of change are common among conservatives, who make a futile effort to resist change and return America to an idealized past that never actually existed as perceived by conservatives.

There is nothing wrong with change, so long as the change is logical and increases the advantage of your position.

European "democracy"? What for?

America is not ready for any changes. We are too lazy, greedy and conservative for good and deep reforms.
Our democracy is an advertisement which is widely sold around the world. It's a popular lie which costs absolutely nothing.

Its not change that brings on the fear, its the results of that change that brings on the fear. This country if it had the power would revert back to Jim Crow, dismantle the Woman's movement and deem Ronald Reagan president for life...that's how sad this nation is!!

I doubt any changes will save or help this country. We have to disappear or die. America is a nation of Devil. WE LIVE DESTROYING LIVES OF OTHER NATIONS.
GOD PLEASE FINISH AMERICA.

I doubt any changes will save or help this country. We have to disappear or die. America is a nation of Devil. WE LIVE DESTROYING LIVES OF OTHER NATIONS.

I feel that way sometimes too.....but evil flourish when good people do nothing. 300 plus million people and trust me, most are decent good people, they're just too silent.

I feel that way sometimes too.....but evil flourish when good people do nothing. 300 plus million people and trust me, most are decent good people, they're just too silent.
No I can't believe it. They are watching when women and children die. They are silent when money is more valuable than anything else: life, health or education.
We are awful nation. Don't call it passivity or silence. It's worse and disgusting.

I don't think it's about "change" at all. It's about American Ego. This country is all about "I'm right and you are wrong, nanananana!" We are more like a bunch of grade school kids on the playground then adults. ~rolls eyes~

America is not ready for any changes. We are too lazy, greedy and conservative for good and deep reforms.
Our democracy is an advertisement which is widely sold around the world. It's a popular lie which costs absolutely nothing.

This country when Obama was elected had the perfect opportunity to not only unite and celebrate putting away are tainted history, but a chance for both parties to come together and really do some serious good for the people of this nation. We were headed toward a great depression, the banks were failing, unemployment was high and we were at war.

What happened, people wanted answers yesterday and wanted solutions yesterday.....we lacked patience, we lacked unity and we allowed as always our bias, our racism and our fears take this nation, our elected politicians into a whelm of dysfunctional chaos, of which we have never been able to correct or never will be able to correct. We throw people out of office and replace them with the same shit we kicked out.

If I had the power, I'd dismantle our government, the whole system and allow each state to journey into their own needs and wants and the hell with Washington!! And that includes the office of the president!!

Hah, do you call Americans "a NAtion"? THis is more like a tribe or a flock. Absolute disorder and degradation.
No principles. No honor. No heroism. No future.

Having multiple parties hurts, not helps. Think of it this way... right now, most people are only upset with who gets elected, half the time. Make 10 parties and now youre lucky if you get a candidate from your party in the next 40 years. Excessive political division isnt a good thing.
Youre an idiot. Not everyone is as dumb as you are. Clowns like you play right into the 2 party system. :laugh:

HOC2-1024x518.jpg

Youre an idiot. Not everyone is as dumb as you are. Clowns like you play right into the 2 party system. :laugh:
Says the guy who votes democrat. Are you fucking retarded or something? Do you even think about it before you post your moronic shit?

Says the guy who votes democrat. Are you fucking retarded or something? Do you even think about it before you post your moronic shit?
If retarded means brilliant then yes. What kind of ass clown advocates for less options? Youre a fucking fool.
laugh.gif

Forum List

Back