Union thugs

cops are chickenshitz when it comes to crowds, they prefer the 5 on 1 beatings approach.
The only chicken shits there are the union thugs. Most people that get beat up by the police deserve it, just to bad there were cameras. Personally I love it when some thug or thugs beat and rob someone, than when the police dog gets a hold of them they cry like little babies. Too bad!

Ummmm, no.....
That is asinine.

On the other hand, it WAS a strawman. That had nothing to do with the OP's question. Why are they not in jail??

Hoffa did say "take em out" didn't he? This bullshit has been going on for years. It's no surprise. Our unions at their finest, when they aren't drinkin beer or smokin pot on lunch breaks that is.

chirp, no feed back from the union people. If you defend this kind of activity you deserve to have every union broken up!

This is Washington State where a few years earlier they were laying their infants and toddlers down on the tracks in front of trains trying to enter the harbor area and deliver goods for shipment to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. The rules of law, and sanity, apparently don't apply there.

Since Moonglow objected to me posting in Stephanie's thread, I'll try this one instead.

Longshoremen storm Wash. state port, damage RR - Yahoo! News

"The blockade appeared to defy a federal restraining order issued last week against the union after it was accused of assaults and death threats."

Now defend the death threats, you civil America-loving union members.
Tell us a little about yourself, Amelia: Your age category. Your occupational background. Your economic class (upper, lower, middle). Your parents' and grandparents' occupation(s).

Then I'll be better able to respond to you. Without that information I would be addressing a void, which is a pointless exercise.

You have to know my grandparents' occupations before you'll answer a question about union members making death threats?

ROFL

That might be the funniest deflection I have ever seen. Need to remember this one.

Alinsky's Rule #13:

13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...
"...any target can always say, 'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the 'others' come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...

:eusa_shhh:

This is just the beginning You will see these thugs used by Obama to steal the upcoming election. He will use this and racism to get elected.

You have to know my grandparents' occupations before you'll answer a question about union members making death threats?

ROFL

That might be the funniest deflection I have ever seen. Need to remember this one.
That's not the only information I asked for but it would be helpful. But I understand the reason why you'd prefer to evade discussing this any further.

cops are chickenshitz when it comes to crowds, they prefer the 5 on 1 beatings approach.
The only chicken shits there are the union thugs. Most people that get beat up by the police deserve it, just to bad there were cameras. Personally I love it when some thug or thugs beat and rob someone, than when the police dog gets a hold of them they cry like little babies. Too bad!

The longshoremen look pretty big to me, ace. Better not call them chicken shit to their faces.

And I've taken a couple of police beatings in my time. Never robbed, or stole or anything.

Just got a little to drunk and shot off my big mouth.

Whoo boy. What fun.

ROFL

That's not the only information I asked for but it would be helpful. But I understand the reason why you'd prefer to evade discussing this any further.

No, it's not the only information you asked for. It's just the most ridiculous of a long list.

LOL. Me evade?

You didn't say "helpful". You said that if I didn't tell you that information, it would be pointless to discuss union members making death threats. I actually do know at least some of the things my grandparents did for a living. But if someone didn't know that their grandfather was a tailor, that would mean it would be pointless to discuss people who do illegal things in 2011?

Yes, I do prefer to not discuss this with you any further. You are doing a good imitation of an absurd person. What would be pointless is playing your games and expecting something of worth to come out of it.

Last edited:
So then ... No one wants to come right out and defend the death threats?

I guess that's a least a little something positive.

If anyone else did this crazy shit we would be in jail
The following excerpt from the linked article strongly suggests there is a lot more to this situation than either of us are aware of. These union guys don't just go off like that without ample provocation. It appears that a union-busting effort is under way and, as the history of the labor movement has shown, nothing short of forceful action has ever been effective in preserving what workers have managed by blood, sweat and tears to achieve in terms of pay and benefits.

I respectfully suggest that you spend some time researching and learning about the history of unions in America. It is filled with violence but the simple fact of the matter is there would never have been a middle class without it. Another example of violence was the American Revolution, which also was condemned by those who were on the side of the bosses (the British).

So don't be too quick to judge. There is more here than immediately meets the eye.

(Excerpt)

Labor activists insist that after receiving tax breaks and promising to create well-paying jobs at the new $200 million terminal, EGT initially tried to staff the terminal with nonunion workers. Following a series of protests by the Longshore workers this year, the company announced it would hire a contractor staffed by workers from a different union.

(Close)

Last edited:
Why are conservatives defending an international conglomerate over American Workers?

Sorta strange. EGT is owned by North America, South Korea and Japan. They also broke an agreement with the ILWU.

:lol:

Why are you defending violence? The company hired union workers-just not ILWU workers. Apart from all of that...we need our companies to be free to hire whatever workers they want to without fear of violence and retaliation!

This kind of violence is why unions are refereed to as thugs.

That was the problem. They were hiring scabs. EGT broke the agreement.

Hey..if the police don't want to enforce an agreement..ILWU has every right to strike.

And protest.

Actually..maybe the government should sit this out. Free market and all ya know.

Pretty sure the longshoremen can settle this. :lol:
What they are not allowed to is take 6 members hostage for 2 hours, cut the train track to derail and dump the product, wreck a company truck and smashed windows..

If anyone else did this crazy shit we would be in jail
The following excerpt from the linked article strongly suggests there is a lot more to this situation than either of us are aware of. These union guys don't just go off like that without ample provocation. It appears that a union-busting effort is under way and, as the history of the labor movement has shown, nothing short of forceful action has ever been effective in preserving what workers have managed by blood, sweat and tears to achieve in terms of pay and benefits.

I respectfully suggest that you spend some time researching and learning about the history of unions in America. It is filled with violence but the simple fact of the matter is there would never have been a middle class without it. Another example of violence was the American Revolution, which also was condemned by those who were on the side of the bosses (the British).

So don't be too quick to judge. There is more here than immediately meets the eye.

(Excerpt)

Labor activists insist that after receiving tax breaks and promising to create well-paying jobs at the new $200 million terminal, EGT initially tried to staff the terminal with nonunion workers. Following a series of protests by the Longshore workers this year, the company announced it would hire a contractor staffed by workers from a different union.

(Close)
You dont know me >.I grew up blue collar in Western PA , my grandfather was a coal miner , my brother in law was a coal miner. I know about unions. There was a time and place for them this time has passed. PERIOD. They are crossing the line way to many times!!!!

Why are you defending violence? The company hired union workers-just not ILWU workers. Apart from all of that...we need our companies to be free to hire whatever workers they want to without fear of violence and retaliation!

This kind of violence is why unions are refereed to as thugs.

Hey..if the police don't want to enforce an agreement..ILWU has every right to strike.

And protest.

Actually..maybe the government should sit this out. Free market and all ya know.

What they are not allowed to is take 6 members hostage for 2 hours, cut the train track to derail and dump the product, wreck a company truck and smashed windows..

This was pretty mild compared to what goes on in the rest of the industrialized world when you fuck with Unions.

Hey listen..if Republicans want to continue on this path..there's going to be trouble.

Unions are there to protect people's wages, benefits and safety.

[...]

I don't recall using the word "all" in my post... In fact, I refrain from generalities whenever possible....

[...]
No you don't. Your entire premise consists of vague, generalized, hyperbolic bullshit. I think you are a right-wing shill.

I've asked you for specifics in your condemnation of unions and all I got back is more bullshit. So let me give you some specifics:

My son-in-law has worked for United Parcel Service for 26 years. He started out sorting packages on the night shift and gradually became a route driver. He drives a trailer now, averages ten hours overtime a week and he likes his job. He owns a beautiful home on Long Island and he has a brand new car. He takes very good care of my daughter and three grandchildren and his benefits include top-shelf medical insurance for all of them.

He is a proud Teamster. He will tell you all he has he owes to that union. And in spite of all the nonsense spewed by people like you about "racket-ridden" unions, United Parcel Service, which has been unionized since its inception, remains a thriving, super-efficient mega-corporation.

Were it not for the Teamsters Union my son-in-law would probably be living in a rented apartment and worrying about how to buy food and pay his medical bills. So I'm really not receptive to any of your generalized anti-union bullshit.

And protest.

This was pretty mild compared to what goes on in the rest of the industrialized world when you fuck with Unions.

Hey listen..if Republicans want to continue on this path..there's going to be trouble.

Unions are there to protect people's wages, benefits and safety
Are you certain, Mr. Sallow?

What do you think of this:

Union Leader Fraud

OLMS Enforcement Statistics Financial Integrity FY 2001 FY 2002 FY 2003 FY 2004 FY 2005 FY 2006 FY 2007 FY 2008 FY 2009 Indictments 98 166 132 109 114 118 99 NA 123 Convictions 102 90 152 111 97 129 118 NA 121 Source: Office of Labor-Management Standards
Embezzlement, False Reports, Violence, And More

Most people don't know just how many crimes are committed every year through which union officials hurt their own members. The number of reputed and verified crimes is staggering. Nothing illustrates this more clearly than the hundreds of indictments of union officials for violations of the Labor Management and Reporting Disclosure Act. According to the Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS), those crimes include “embezzlement, filing false reports, keeping false records, destruction of records, extortionate picketing and deprivation of rights by violence.” The OLMS notes:
As part of its effort to protect and safeguard union funds and assets, OLMS investigates possible embezzlement from unions and other violations of criminal laws. Over the past 10 years, restitution of $102,615,236 has been paid or ordered to be paid to defrauded unions and other parties.
That's $102,615,236 million in restitution ordered for victimizing union members and others.
Labor and Racketeering Investigations FY 2001 FY 2002 FY 2003 FY 2004 FY 2005 FY 2006 FY 2007 FY 2008 FY 2009 FY 2010 Cases opened 105 125 124 135 103 130 93 112 96 117 Cases closed 109 130 144 115 107 122 111 92 117 130 Cases referred for prosecution 57 74 66 87 88 105 80 74 81 105 Indictments 161 218 181 260 322 271 198 195 111 139 Convictions 92 154 120 143 196 241 183 214 146 112 Fines, restitutions, forfeitures, and civil monetary actions ($ in millions) $42.5 $105.9 $27.9 $36.5 $187.9 $69.2 $27.1 $24.2 $76.2 $72.9 Source: Department of Labor Office of Inspector General​
Labor Racketeering

The Department of Labor's Office of Inspector General oversees, among other things, cases of labor racketeering -- and it stays busy. Union officials have continued to earn their reputation for greed, corruption, and mismanagement of union dues.

Since FY 2001, racketeering investigations have yielded more than 2,000 indictments and awarded more than $3 billion in fines and restitution.. Many of these cases involve union officials failing to protect their members from unethical pension scams and internal union racketeering cases, but OIG’s website currently notes “a rapid rise of transnational organized crime groups that are engaging in new criminal enterprises … Specifically, OIG investigations have found that nontraditional organized criminal groups are exploiting the Department of Labor’s foreign labor certification and Unemployment Insurance programs.”

• According to a 2004 Zogby International poll, 71% of union members said the government ought to do more to protect union members from corrupt union officials, and that unions should be required to give detailed reporting of union finances to discourage abuse.
  • According to the FBI, four of the last eight Teamsters presidents have been criminally indicted.

• Nearly 50% of the U.S. Department of Labor Inspector General's labor racketeering investigations involve pensions and employee welfare benefit plans.
  • According to the U.S. Department of Labor Office of Inspector General, “Schemes involving bribery, extortion, deprivation of union rights by violence, and embezzlement used by early racketeers are still employed to abuse the power of unions.”
  • An October 2010 Word Doctors poll reveals that 44% of public and government union members believe American unions are less honest and principled than they were 50 years ago. 26% said they were “not really sure” or thought it was “exactly the same.”
Source

Just thought you might like to consider it is likely that it's unions who are most likely to hurt union members, not anybody else.

This is Washington State where a few years earlier they were laying their infants and toddlers down on the tracks in front of trains trying to enter the harbor area and deliver goods for shipment to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. The rules of law, and sanity, apparently don't apply there.

Okay, I tried to find some information on this on Google, but have been unsuccessful. You would not have any links to stories about this, would you?

Sorry, but I'm just a bit skeptical on this one.

Immie

Classy Longshoreman...and no doubt a Hopey Changey Obama Supporter:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFHBGGvuQhA]Longshore Union Member Attacks Media - Mirror - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back