Why are the two major political parties in the United States above the law?

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Here's a very simple example:

Bob Barr loses Texas lawsuit to knock McCain, Obama off the ballot

The Texas Supreme Court, without comment, just denied Libertarian presidential candidate’s Bob Barr attempt to keep the names John McCain and Barack Obama off the state’s November ballot.

Mr. Barr, a former GOP congressman from Georgia, had argued in legal briefs that both major parties had busted the state’s Aug. 26 deadline for certifying their presidential candidates as they would appear on the Texas ballot. Neither McCain nor Obama had been officially nominated by their party conventions by the deadline. And Sarah Palin hadn’t even been added to the GOP ticket.

But the Democratic and Republican state parties had filed official documents with the Secretary of State stating their presumed presidential candidates. The Democrats threw in Joe Biden’s name and the Republicans said they would report back with the name of their vice presidential contender, which they did.

I posted this up when it first happened, most people here actually agreed that the law should be upheld but were not surprised that it wasn't.

That's good to know. Did that include the Obama supporters? Most of them seem to want Obama to win no matter what.

Obama supporters didn't seem to have a problem, because John McCain will more than likely win Texas. That's a lot of electoral votes McCain wouldn't receive if Barr won Texas.

Mine, too, but I'm guessing that most people on this board don't really care about the rule of law. They just want their candidate to get elected.

Having more than two parties to vote for is way too far outside of the box for most Americans to even comprehend.

Having more than two parties to vote for is way too far outside of the box for most Americans to even comprehend.

What is the Hegelian Dialectic?

In 1847 the London Communist League (Karl Marx and Frederick Engels) used Hegel's theory of the dialectic to back up their economic theory of communism. Now, in the 21st century, Hegelian-Marxist thinking affects our entire social and political structure. The Hegelian dialectic is the framework for guiding our thoughts and actions into conflicts that lead us to a predetermined solution. If we do not understand how the Hegelian dialectic shapes our perceptions of the world, then we do not know how we are helping to implement the vision. When we remain locked into dialectical thinking, we cannot see out of the box.

Hegel's dialectic is the tool which manipulates us into a frenzied circular pattern of thought and action. Every time we fight for or defend against an ideology we are playing a necessary role in Marx and Engels' grand design to advance humanity into a dictatorship of the proletariat. The synthetic Hegelian solution to all these conflicts can't be introduced unless we all take a side that will advance the agenda. The Marxist's global agenda is moving along at breakneck speed. The only way to completely stop the privacy invasions, expanding domestic police powers, land grabs, insane wars against inanimate objects (and transient verbs), covert actions, and outright assaults on individual liberty, is to step outside the dialectic. This releases us from the limitations of controlled and guided thought.

When we understand what motivated Hegel, we can see his influence on all of our destinies. ... Hegelian conflicts steer every political arena on the planet, from the United Nations to the major American political parties, all the way down to local school boards and community councils. Dialogues and consensus-building are primary tools of the dialectic, and terror and intimidation are also acceptable formats for obtaining the goal. The ultimate Third Way agenda is world government. Once we get what's really going on, we can cut the strings and move our lives in original directions outside the confines of the dialectical madness. Focusing on Hegel's and Engel's ultimate agenda, and avoiding getting caught up in their impenetrable theories of social evolution, gives us the opportunity to think and act our way toward freedom, justice, and genuine liberty for all.

continued: What is the Hegelian Dialectic?

Yes, such a difficult concept. Our neighbors to the north, however, have 5 different credible candidates running.

Mine, too, but I'm guessing that most people on this board don't really care about the rule of law. They just want their candidate to get elected.

I don't know about most, xsited.

An awful lot of us seem to be highly underimpressed with both parties even though many of us are going to vote for one of their candidates or the other.

Most of us, I think, recognize that the duelopoly is a cruel joke on democracy, but the two parties offer us just enough minor differences in outcomes to keep us voting for one or the other.

Bob Barr's another example of a libertarian candidate I can agree with on one issue, but whose domestic policies make him someone I cannot possibly vote for.

I don't know about most, xsited.

An awful lot of us seem to be highly underimpressed with both parties even though many of us are going to vote for one of their candidates or the other.

Most of us, I think, recognize that the duelopoly is a cruel joke on democracy, but the two parties offer us just enough minor differences in outcomes to keep us voting for one or the other.

Bob Barr's another example of a libertarian candidate I can agree with on one issue, but whose domestic policies make him someone I cannot possibly vote for.

I hope you're right, but I see a tremendous amount of support for Obama. At least most Republicans know that McCain is not their first choice.

As far as Bob Barr is concerned, he's a bit too much of a Republican for me, but that's just my opinion.

Isn't that the way they always lose ? Are you telling me that no attorneys are willing to take this further ?

That would cost money that the Bob Barr campaign wanted to use on other things. Apparently fundraising is not one of Bob Barr's strong-suits, because so far he's only raised just over 1 million dollars.

That would cost money that the Bob Barr campaign wanted to use on other things. Apparently fundraising is not one of Bob Barr's strong-suits, because so far he's only raised just over 1 million dollars.

Do you have any idea why Ron Paul didn't run on the Libertarian ticket after the Republicans shut him down? Everytime I think of Bob Barr running for the Libertarian Party, I cringe.

I hope you're right, but I see a tremendous amount of support for Obama. At least most Republicans know that McCain is not their first choice.

Well after the dismal proformance by Bush II and the Republican Congress, of COURSE there's tremendous support for the Dem candidate.

What would you expect from the electorate?

The man's gotten us into two land wars in Asia.

He pissed away our budget surplus and put us back into deficiet spending,.

His administration failed spectacularly in New Orleans.

The middle class are going broke.

Our national debt increase by TRILLIONS of dollars during his watch.

What you sense as tremendous support for Obama, is more tremendous disgust with the Republican Party.

Bush has so digusted people that long time, true blue, well know, famous Republicans are jumping ship and supporting Obama.

Few of us think Obama is any kind of messiah, we just know perfectly well he's FAR better than McCain, and let's face it, Palin is a fucking bad joke.

I swear to God, I'm convinced that the Republican masters WANT to lose this election based on nothing more that the selection of Sarah Palin as VP.

Given the mess that Obama is inheriting from Bush II, I can't honestly say I blame them.

Last edited:
Do you have any idea why Ron Paul didn't run on the Libertarian ticket after the Republicans shut him down? Everytime I think of Bob Barr running for the Libertarian Party, I cringe.

He didn't think running for a third-party would help anything. His goal is to fix the GOP from the inside with help from his new organization, the Campaign for Liberty. Barr and many others actually offered Paul the spot, but he didn't want it.

Palin is a fucking bad joke.
but look how well we can dress her up......!
sarah%20palin%20action%20figure%20doll.jpg

Forum List

Back