Why are the Brits so bad at cooking?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
A lack of zeal for life or something?

6EfP.gif

It's like they conquered the world for it's spices, and the varied cuisines of it's conquered peoples, went home, got bored, and decided not to use any of them anyway. :dunno:

6EfP.gif

It's like they conquered the world for it's spices, and the varied cuisines of it's conquered peoples, went home, got bored, and decided not to use any of them anyway. :dunno:
iu

What about Julia Child though? :04:

Oh! She was American? Boy did I have that wrong in mah haid.

6EfP.gif

they eat beans and toast regularly,,

even though I do like beans I wouldnt eat them everyday,,,

What’s Heaven?

It’s where the Italians are in charge of cooking, the Germans organize the place, and the English oversee manners and decorum.

Then what’s Hell?

That’s where the English are charge of cooking, the Germans oversee manners and decorum, and the Italians keep everything organized!

and whats with the beans in every meal??

my rectum would get sore at some point,,

Eat smaller quantities? I never get gas from beans. All that stuff goes well together. Once you get over what blood pudding is it's actually a good side dish with the rest of the plate.

Last edited:
Eat smaller quantities? I never get gas from beans. All that stuff goes well together. Once you get over what blood pudding is it's actually a good side dish with the rest of the plate.
I would eat that shit up quick,,

not gonna eat the blood pudding for the same reason I dont eat mountain oysters,, because of what they are,,

starvation could change that,,

Except for Dudders there seems to be a lot of stereotypical nonsense being spouted here by very old, out- of date Americans -- probably overweight and not very healthy ones . English fare was apparently not brilliant up to 50 years ago , say . But now it leads the world because we have become a world centre for diversity and multi cultural choice . No wonder Americans are generally perceived as boring , out of touch and fat . They cannot even get simple matters right -- like how we , the British , eat today and the magnificence of our culinary skills . Next you will tell us that we live on Fish and Chips with Baked beans as part of our staple diet . You have been watching too much crap TV from American script writers .

Except for Dudders there seems to be a lot of stereotypical nonsense being spouted here by very old, out- of date Americans -- probably overweight and not very healthy ones . English fare was apparently not brilliant up to 50 years ago , say . But now it leads the world because we have become a world centre for diversity and multi cultural choice . No wonder Americans are generally perceived as boring , out of touch and fat . They cannot even get simple matters right -- like how we , the British , eat today and the magnificence of our culinary skills . Next you will tell us that we live on Fish and Chips with Baked beans as part of our staple diet . You have been watching too much crap TV from American script writers .

I think they were talking about domestic foods, not Indian, Paki, Asian, etc., but yes, they're still outdated. Nobody does meats and sausages and certain types of fish better, not even Germans re meats. I liked the Viking steaks I got over there.

OK, do dental care next. ;)

OK, do dental care next. ;)
I will not , because it will be far too much for the brain dead here to absorb in one go , let alone comprehend . But , yes , we have gone ahead in the dental stakes and last time I read somerthing on the subject we ranked above the US . But regardless , what may have been true sixty years ago , has disappeared and only remains as ill informed nonsense for fifth rate stand-up comics .Sorry to make out how perfect we are these days . It is actually as much about America slipping toward Banana Land status as us resolving minor imperfections .

6EfP.gif

One little niggle:

You're good there if you want an amazing breakfast.

But after that...just starve the rest of the day, you're better off. Their native food includes sheep's brains. Enough said.

One little niggle:

You're good there if you want an amazing breakfast.

But after that...just starve the rest of the day, you're better off. Their native food includes sheep's brains. Enough said.
I agree. Breakfast was great, but the rest of the day was awful. The only reason we had lunch or dinner at all was because we were afraid we’d get weak. So we forced ourselves and just got through it.

Forum List

Back